• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

1fpxpx.jpg

Oh my god, they muted the logo just like they needed to. I couldn't be happier with the reversible cover.

Ohh man, Tempted to go crusing around Brooklyn to find a retailer breaking street. I probably would if I didn't have the PC version pre-ordered, and money wasn't about to become incredibly tight come september.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That's 8 "omg" from Goldfarb = 8/10 game confirmed.

btw. people asked him why he didn't review it ... he said there is a reason why he didn't. From the sounds of it he'd probably gave the game a higher score, i don't see what's wrong with that.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Called Best Buy, it's an error, game is 26th, Fuck My Life ; ;

I thought I would get it due to being a Silver Member, oh wells

Time to Trophy Gorge my brains out this weekend, time to accumulate 100+ Trophies and 3-5 Platinums =D

I will wipe out that Industrail Rev game though

You want Cheat Sheet?

Grief.exe

Checked out the review score on IGN, then dipped out.

Haven't visited IGN in a long time.

Would have been nice if he noted which console version ran better. I asked him on Twitter, no reply.

Pretty relevant question, and I'm sure Digital Foundry won't be able to post anything until after the embargo.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's 8 "omg" from Goldfarb = 8/10 game confirmed.

btw. people asked him why he didn't review it ... he said there is a reason why he didn't. From the sounds of it he'd probably gave the game a higher score, i don't see what's wrong with that.

He was the guy doing all those commentary videos with Ken Levine. People who do features like that tend not to review the work in the end. It's the same on, say, avclub.com, where they'll have an interview with a movie star or musician or director or something, and then someone else will do the review. That way people can't accuse them of giving a more favorable review in exchange for the interview. It also just avoids awkward shit like "hey man you were all nice to me in the interview and then you give my movie a C+!? What the fuck!"

Lunar15

Too many games do suffer from having padded, fluffy middles. Especially story based games. Even Half Life 2 suffered from this, in my opinion.

But it's rarely a dealbreaker.

Grief.exe

Too many games do suffer from having padded, fluffy middles. Especially story based games. Even Half Life 2 suffered from this, in my opinion.

But it's rarely a deal breaker more than it is a slight annoyance.

Air boat
Car

So bored.

I always play the exit from City 17, then just before ravenholm, then skip to Nova Prospekt.

Andrew.

Banned
This could also mean that the beginning and the end are just flat out amazing, while the middle kind of slows down.
rThis could be due to pacing, where they don't want the game just rushing a mile a minute.

The longer the better for me, seriously. We got nothin of note coming out over the next couple months so if this is arbitrarily drawn out in some way and is made longer in the meaty middle, then so be it. I need it to last me for awhile.

Ill probably end up so invested in the story and characters anyway that either A) I wont care or B) I wont notice or both.

I'm a quality over quantity guy. I'm allergic to bullshit padding, and it usually keeps me from replaying games

Like, the last third of Bioshock, for instance

IronRinn

How the hell did that alternate cover get so many votes? It looks like something a junior high school student doodled in their notebook while bored in math class. Terrible.

SmithnCo

How the hell did that alternate cover get so many votes? It looks like something a junior high school student doodled in their notebook while bored in math class. Terrible.

It's simple and elegant, better than an alt cover that has another render of the main character or something on it.

IronRinn

It's simple and elegant, better than an alt cover that has another render of the main character or something on it.

To each their own. I can see the simple, but elegant is not a word I would ever use to describe that. I like the Saturday Evening Post style illustrations much more.

god damn that GMG deal keeps looking better and better. Three free games, fourteen bucks back? I assume the TF2 items as well, though I'd probably just give those away. Still, quite a deal. If it wasn't for those stupid DLC packs I might have taken the plunge.

Grief.exe

god damn that GMG deal keeps looking better and better. Three free games, fourteen bucks back? I assume the TF2 items as well, though I'd probably just give those away. Still, quite a deal. If it wasn't for those stupid DLC packs I might have taken the plunge.

You only get TF2 items if you preorder directly from Steam.

You can sell them on the Steam market and offset the cost of the game, they will probably be worth $2-$5 each.

ironcreed

Banned
Im still laughing about IGN's "stretched out middle" complaint.

I am actually glad they stretched it out with more to do. Exploring, taking in the scenery, zipping around on Skyrails and trying out different abilities and combat approaches in this vivid world is going to make me hate to see it end.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He was the guy doing all those commentary videos with Ken Levine. People who do features like that tend not to review the work in the end. It's the same on, say, avclub.com, where they'll have an interview with a movie star or musician or director or something, and then someone else will do the review. That way people can't accuse them of giving a more favorable review in exchange for the interview. It also just avoids awkward shit like "hey man you were all nice to me in the interview and then you give my movie a C+!? What the fuck!"

Yeah, that makes sense.

You only get TF2 items if you preorder directly from Steam.

You can sell them on the Steam market and offset the cost of the game, they will probably be worth $2-$5 each.

ah I see, that makes more sense. I'd rather get the extra game and 14 bucks back though. I've been purposefully not looking at any game information, but the few screens I've seen - that art style is gorgeous. And I'm a sucker for art style.

If you have any hunches on locations, I'm all ears!

Heh, I would probably going to hit up flatbush ave, I know there are some sketchy ass videogame shops all along it, especially south of the park. I've had luck with skyline in Sheeshead bay, http://www.yelp.com/biz/skyline-brooklyn

I'd suggest calling around. I know MS holds back their shipments to the smaller stores till the day before often because they break street so regularly.

Andrew.

Banned
I am actually glad they stretched it out with more to do. Exploring, taking in the scenery, zipping around on Skyrails and trying out different abilities and combat approaches in this vivid world is going to make me hate to see it end.

Exactly.

Man, I cant believe FACE just up and got banned last night. Happened so damn quick. I just missed what he posted too.

ironcreed

Banned
Exactly.

Man, I cant believe FACE just up and got banned last night. Happened so damn quick. I just missed what he posted too.

I thankfully dipped out of the thread for a moment before I saw anything. Will never understand trying to ruin something for everyone else.

Speaking of the GMG deal, I really liked Rise of Nations (probably the last 'strategy game' I played) will I enjoy Civ 5? None of the other games really interest me.

I wonder if my 7970 will be able to handle this game at max settings, 60 FPS with super sample AA!? Dishonored looked SOO GOOD with 4X Super sample aa

Top Bottom