• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

KePoW

Banned
Busy day, sorry. Two weapons at a time is same on consoles and PC. Upgrades persist on weapons once you equip the relevant gear. So by tossing aside your handcannon to use an MG cos you have ammo for it at the time, then grabbing another Handcannon later won't eliminate your upgrade.

Thanks for the info. I have no problem with two weapons combined with all vigors.

I'll find out in about less than an hour if i have to work on Tuesday or not if I do its ok I can hold out...I think by the time Amazon comes it wouldn't make much difference anyways.

...on 1999 mode

LdArjlR.gif

FartOfWar

Banned
Thanks for the info. I have no problem with two weapons combined with all vigors.
Opportunity abounds to switch weapons constantly. Ever AI drops the weapon it wields when killed, Tears contain weapons, vending machines contain weapons, the world contains weapons.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Opportunity abounds to switch weapons constantly. Ever AI drops the weapon it wields when killed, Tears contain weapons, vending machines contain weapons, the world contains weapons.

Shawn, I want to ask, do you have a clear favourite level or moment in Infinite? You don't have to elaborate and say which one and spoil anything at all, I'm just getting the impression for some reason that this is more a consistently good game with no particular highs and lows. Or am I terribly wrong?

Is the console performance as poor as initially thought? I own BS1 and BS2 on X360, and I'd like to get BI for it for continuity's sake, but if the performance is really bad, I'll go for PC.

Your saves don't carry over so I don't see a reason you need to keep the games on the same console for continuity sake. Buy it for PC. I think you will regret it if you don't.

Yay I'm off Tuesday at least I have work all weekend even Monday so I don't have to be home just waiting. Besides Tuesday. Just wish I knew what version to get.

papercamm

I haven't seen anything about whether upgrading weapons changes them cosmetically. A small detail but I really liked it in the two previous Bioshocks.

Quesa

If you buy it on steam you can pre-load now but I heard that GMG doesn't get their keys until Tuesday.

I went to steam to pre-load it, but it took like two seconds and the pre-load option still pops up when I click on the game. I can't imagine that's right, is it?

As I mentioned before, I got my Steam key for DmC from GMG in time to pre-load that game. I think this Tuesday thing is just an unsubstantiated rumor, I would be surprised if I didn't have the game pre-loaded by the time it unlocks on Steam.

And apparently a ~10GB HD Texture pack.

I don't understand why they wouldn't get their keys early considering Amazon is handing them out today I think.

Angry Fork

Wow I just heard about the 2 weapon limit, what the hell? That is super disappointing. How are you supposed to have the strategic elements from Bioshock 1 without lots of weapons at your disposal?

In Bio 1 on the hardest difficulty you would need to set traps, use all weapons to take out multiple big daddy's etc. because you would be low on ammo. 2 weapon limit really sucks, it's less fun.

Wow I just heard about the 2 weapon limit, what the hell? That is super disappointing. How are you supposed to have the strategic elements from Bioshock 1 without lots of weapons at your disposal?

In Bio 1 on the hardest difficulty you would need to set traps, use all weapons to take out multiple big daddy's etc. because you would be low on ammo. 2 weapon limit really sucks, it's less fun.

Well, they've stated Elizabeth can help keep more at your disposal, also you can have the many different vigors available.

Two weapons carried is probably enough for 1999 mode :p

FartOfWar

Banned

Who says you can't run low on ammo with two weapons at a time. In fact, when this happens, you're then forced to find weapons in the environment or takedown enemies in order to grab their guns. As I mentioned before there are many many ways to obtain weapons in combat encounters. You actually have a greater number pf weapons at your disposal.

antitrop

Where will this be available? Can I pre-load that too, or will I have to wait until later?
It will unlock at the same time as the base game and you will download it from there.

So either you play it without HD textures, or you have to wait another 2 hours or whatever to download it. This is how Sleeping Dogs handled it at launch, I remember. Pre-loaded the base game, then had to download the texture pack at the unlock time.

It would be nice to be able to pre-load the HD textures, but Steam just doesn't support that right now. I think it might be time to start thinking about implementing a system like this, seeing as how this texture pack is larger than the vast majority of major releases on Steam anyway.

Top Bottom