• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Grief.exe

Side note, it seems they are updating the original xcom with steamworks support, including achievements.

46a7dde0012ef8637a828814f39e1433d75a45a5.jpg

Achievement_1 Field Commander
Achievement_2 Night's Black Agents
Achievement_3 Away Team
Achievement_4 Meanwhile…
Achievement_5 Spring Cleaning
Achievement_6 No One Left Behind
Achievement_7 The Parallax View
Achievement_8 No Stone Left Unturned
Achievement_9 It Won't Stop!
Achievement_10 The Bigger They Are…
Achievement_11 Right in the Eye
Achievement_12 Master Delegator
Achievement_13 Vigilo Confido
Achievement_14 Stuck on You
Achievement_15 Decap Attack
Achievement_16 Ejected
Achievement_17 The Lion's Den
Achievement_18 Conclusive Results
Achievement_19 The Final Battle
Achievement_20 The Invasion Begins
Achievement_21 Inside Enemy Lines
Achievement_22 Doctor Weir, I Presume
Achievement_23 Float Like a Butterfly
Achievement_24 Field Experience
Achievement_25 On the Job Experience
Achievement_26 The Spice of Life
Achievement_27 An Inquiring Mind
Achievement_28 Shields Down!
Achievement_29 Orders Received!
Achievement_30 Down to their Knickers!
Achievement_31 Take No Prisoners

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Posting for new page: GMG is currently e-mailing out the keys right now. I just got mine about 5 minutes ago, pre-loading now.

Fear not, GMG fans!

just got my AMD never settle key so I don't need the GMG one. Will put it up for sale here as soon as it arrives.

Good news though, GMG are often late.

at this rate I'll have finished preloading this evening. When does it unlock for Europe? (slightly pointless question because I still haven't played through 1&2 yet..)

antitrop

I have a key listed under "games" but it isn't working?
No email yet.
That's your Industrial Revolution key.

The 3 keys listed in the "Keys" tab on GMG.com match the keys I received in the e-mail.

One is labeled "Xcom:", the other is "Infinite:", and the third is unlabeled though it is for Industrial Revolution.

Dartastic

I really hope that I don't get a speeding ticket Wednesday when I'm driving the three hours home from Port Townsend to play this game.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Thanks for clearing up the whole gun confusion! After reading the review last night I was absolutely convinced it was the same mechanic as Bio 1 and 2, but it sounds like they've edited since then.

Sounds cool with the tears and stuff, I guess it opens up to a lot more weapon types I can use compared to the 8 with different ammo types.

Actually I want to know about ammo types now. But I don't. But I do. But I don...

*sob*

antitrop

Just got my steam key from Amazon, preloading now. The file seems to be only 15gb, how do you dl the HD texture pack?'
On Tuesday. I remember for Sleeping Dogs you had to "Verify Game Cache" first to get it to begin downloading the HD Textures once the game unlocked, I would expect the same for Bioshock.

beast786

Late to the party.

But the OP is one of the best I have seen in Neogaf. I wasn't even that interested in this game, but damn the OP got me excited.

Good job

Pagusas

Elden Member
I decided to play Bioshock 2 on the PC while waiting for Infinite to come out... who the hell thought it was a good idea to remove controller support from the game!?!?!? Jesus Christ why would you have controller support in Bioshock 1 but not 2?!

I decided to play Bioshock 2 on the PC while waiting for Infinite to come out... who the hell thought it was a good idea to remove controller support from the game!?!?!? Jesus Christ why would you have controller support in Bioshock 1 but not 2?!

RIGHT? I don't even know how they got it past GFWL like that.

In any case, at least its not unplayable with KB/m like Bioshock 1.

El Odio

Banned

I dunno, I kind of like the PC controls over using a gamepad, especially since they took they time to greatly improve them over the ones in the original. Though it would be nice to play it on the big screen comfortably.

antitrop

For anyone who isn't aware of the Bioshock 1 FoV issues on PC at launch:

Bioshock_widescreen.jpg

The red tinted areas at the top and bottom were only visible in 4:3 until the patch.

Bleh. FOV doesn't usually bother me that much but screwed up mouse control makes me rage. Thanks for the info.

I mean, its fine if you play with a controller or are willing to put about 10 minutes into finding the lines and disabling them. Just a heads up though.

That's beyond adorable, I love LBP even though I've never played it.

The best time to play it is around Christmas for all the adorable levels people create.

Magnus

Huh. This weekend's awesome factor just got fucking crazy. :)

Will post thoughts later! (time to charge the Move controllers, rofl)

PxJDWBYl.jpg

Any word at all on which console version is leading the pack? I'm tempted to go 360 just for the full-install, then get it on PSN a little later.

Top Bottom