• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Magnus

Thanks for the impressions, definitely not playing this on consoles.

It's really inconsistent actually, the more I look around. Some textures and signs are rather solid. Others are awful. Haha. Sorry, I didn't mean to belabor the point. Just trying to share.

Truly, the city's quite the vision. Not letting it bother me.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

God dammit, Mm, I'm gonna have to purchase this now!

Good lord, the sound design and atmosphere in this thing...just what you'd expect after Bioshock. Amazing.

Excellent. There was this one article in Irrational's site where they made an example of one of the things they took a sound sample for (which was an item from the 1910's) and they seemed to have had an accident or something. There was even a recording! Quite funny, for me and them.

If I didn't already own a gaming PC I'd definitely get one for this game.
I'm going to spend a ton of time just walking around columbia taking it all in.

Any of you folks who are playing able to compare 360 vs. PS3? I'll go with which ever version is better.

Also, is it true the PS3 version has a Vsync option? Why doesn't the 360 version have one?

Ahh.. going crazy with pre-launch platform debating.

Muffdraul

Good lord, the sound design and atmosphere in this thing...just what you'd expect after Bioshock. Amazing.

Mmm, I can't wait. I just got my Astro A40s this week in preparation, I literally can't believe how good my games sound now.

Shouldn't the console guys be used to this by now?

I was just replaying Bioshock 360 last night and taking note of the lo-res signage and other textures. As far as I'm concerned, even if Infinite is only on par with Bioshock 1 in this regard, I'll be just fine.

It started working for me but really slow. It only showed a key for Bioshock 1 though, still not got a confirmation email either.

Ditto I tried but it just refunded me again. I have my Darkness II code though so I am going to get Mafia 2 as well. Typical as soon as I decide to preorder the site goes down :p

Vire

Any of you folks who are playing able to compare 360 vs. PS3? I'll go with which ever version is better.

Also, is it true the PS3 version has a Vsync option? Why doesn't the 360 version have one?

Ahh.. going crazy with pre-launch platform debating.

Who said the 360 version doesn't have that option?

I'd be surprised if it didn't consider Bioshock 1 on 360 had it.

Onikaan

I've really tried not to get too interested in this game, as I was totally oblivious to the development of the first Bioshock, which is probably why it's one of my favourite games of all time.

So what do you think guys? Money's tight at the moment but I can afford one game this quarter.

From what little I've seen I wonder if it's going to lack the special atmosphere of the first game. Isolated, alone, never knowing what's around the next corner. Looks too open, if that makes sense.

I'm unsure. Help me take the plunge.

I've really tried not to get too interested in this game, as I was totally oblivious to the development of the first Bioshock, which is probably why it's one of my favourite games of all time.

So what do you think guys? Money's tight at the moment but I can afford one game this quarter.

From what little I've seen I wonder if it's going to lack the special atmosphere of the first game. Isolated, alone, never knowing what's around the next corner. Looks too open, if that makes sense.

I'm unsure. Help me take the plunge.

It's not intended to have the same type of Atmosphere as the first game. Ken Levine said Bioshock was supposed to be a "Shipwreck" story, while Infinite is a "Rescue Mission" story.

That said, it looks and sounds to be delivering its own unique atmosphere just as strongly as Bioshock 1 delivered on its atmosphere.

Onikaan

It's not intended to have the same type of Atmosphere as the first game. Ken Levine said Bioshock was supposed to be a "Shipwreck" story, while Infinite is a "Rescue Mission" story.

That said, it looks and sounds to be delivering its own unique atmosphere just as strongly as Bioshock 1 delivered on its atmosphere.

I see, I see.

I might have a look at some lengthy gameplay footage.

It's naughty, but I'd like to know what I'm getting before I purchase.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Who said the 360 version doesn't have that option?

I'd be surprised if it didn't consider Bioshock 1 on 360 had it.

It does and it's enabled by default. Screen tearing exists to an extent but it really isn't a problem.

Also Rapture and Columbia certainly have different tones to the people who were debating it on the last page. I have to say honestly that the Rapture intro hasn't been beaten in my eyes, although this ran it extremely close. Also, Columbia's just growing on me more and more whereas Rapture never really beats that intro. So rest assured, it's as great a setting as Rapture so far.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This weekend's going to be so long. I was planning on finishing up my Platinum for Ascension but I want to wait to replay it until the patch, which isn't out yet. I'm going to go nuts, especially with impressions starting to hit in here and the fact I've been reading/watching Ken interviews all week.

Zeliard

I'm glad I've already been spoiled. There's something oddly freeing about it, and I don't have to walk on eggshells around the internets for the next several days.

bidguy

Banned
Got the game a few hours ago (360) and I have to say that the graphics are not as bad as IGN is claiming them to be.

I'm not that far into the game but feel free to pm me if you have questions or anything.

Andrew.

Banned
This weekend's going to be so long. I was planning on finishing up my Platinum for Ascension but I want to wait to replay it until the patch, which isn't out yet. I'm going to go nuts, especially with impressions starting to hit in here and the fact I've been reading/watching Ken interviews all week.

Me too. We can all huddle together with the shakes and heroin-like withdrawl symptoms this weekend. It'll be grand shitty.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The motherfucker got all of us. He knew we'd get notification alerts, so he trapped everyone. I honestly don't even feel like getting the game anymore.
Shit, dude. That sucks. I'm always paranoid I'll get a PM or something with a spoiler in the title but that seems even worse since you wouldn't expect anything even remotely game related on Facebook.

Top Bottom