• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Just a reminder that Infinite appears to be up for preload on Steam for many people. I'm hearing rumours that other DD Steam keys should be coming in within 24hrs or so :)

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
image.php

God I love your avatar lol.

Lunar15

Interested to see what quotes linger from this game. Bioshock was full of great Randian stuff coming from Andrew Ryan.

"A Man Chooses, A Slave Obeys"

"Would you Kindly"

"No Gods or Kings, Only Man"

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
That's the beauty of the "bio" joke. It's something most people probably know, but assume other people don't, so it goes on and on...

I just welcome endless "memes" of that image.

I don't know what it is about her expression...Please let this become a thing. It would be the best thing ever

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm mainly curious about the level design in this one. I feel like there were so many memorable levels in the original Bioshock. They were designed so well.

Magnus

There's some truly abysmal screen tearing going on in this PS3 version. :(

I'm not even slightly exaggerating. It's unbelievably bad.

Magnus

I have v sync on. It's still tearing like a motherfucker.

Edit- I'm a moron. It doesn't save option changes when you just escape out of the menu. Ok, it's fine now. Sorry to alarm. Still some very mild tearing, but totally fine.

But damn, wow, why would anyone play it with that option off? It's borderline unplayable without vsync, such a mess. Lol

Vire

Edit- I'm a moron. It doesn't save option changes when you just escape out of the menu. Ok, it's fine now. Sorry to alarm. Still some very mild tearing, but totally fine.

But damn, wow, why would anyone play it with that option off? It's borderline unplayable without vsync, such a mess. Lol

Because it probably will affect the framerate in hectic moments.

I rather have some tearing (doesn't really bother me) than constant framerate dips.

JoeFenix

Wait, there's still tearing even with the V-Sync option on? So it's just just a framerate lock?

Ugh... fucking hate frame-tearing!

Does anybody know about the steelbook? Gamestop had advertised it on their site for pre-orders but I was unable to pre-order it yesterday and today the advertisement for the steelbook disappeared. Does anybody know if it is available for all day one purchases or am I out of luck? I'm avoiding searching, either in this thread or elsewhere since I've heard spoilers were posted online and I've so far managed to avoid everything and don't really want to risk it.

EDIT: Also, I'm located in Europe in case that's relevant.

Magnus

Wait, there's still tearing even with the V-Sync option on? So it's just just a framerate lock?

Ugh... fucking hate frame-tearing!

You didn't read the post you quoted.

There's still some tearing, unquestionably. Far reduced though.

Columbia is breathtaking.

Voice acting is superb. Though I think I just heard Felicia whatshername already. Haha.

For graphic whores: Textures, signs, etc are super lo-res. This is par for the course with FPS games on consoles/PS3? I don't normally play em. I don't really care; focused on the immensity of the city, but damn.

JoeFenix

Voice acting is superb. Though I think I just heard Felicia whatshername already. Haha.

For graphic whores: Textures, signs, etc are super lo-res. This is par for the course with FPS games on consoles/PS3? I don't normally play em. I don't really care; focused on the immensity of the city, but damn.

Thanks for the impressions, definitely not playing this on consoles.

Vire

:(

Top Bottom