• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Zeliard

The motherfucker got all of us. He knew we'd get notification alerts, so he trapped everyone. I honestly don't even feel like getting the game anymore.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/thriving101/201108/the-spoiler-paradox

But as it turns out, poor little spoilers have been given a bad rap this whole time. The latest research published in the journal Psychological Science shows that knowing the ending of a story before you read it doesn’t hurt the experience of the story. It actually makes you enjoy the story more. This is the “Spoiler Paradox”.

Shit, is anywhere safe? I don't understand what drives people to do such a thing. I guess some people just like being cunts.
qaDe5rH.jpg

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
I'm in a weird place. I've waited years for this game and yet that's making me take it extra slow. In effect, I'm making myself wait more. I've only played a couple of hours today and I got the game about 10 hours ago.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I am now leaving this thread. Seems like people are suicide bombing it with spoilers. What a fucking bummer. Glad i missed it though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm in a weird place. I've waited years for this game and yet that's making me take it extra slow. In effect, I'm making myself wait more. I've only played a couple of hours today and I got the game about 10 hours ago.
You have the game and are talking about pacing yourself? Send me your copy, I'll finish it and get it back to you after a weekend binge.

Andrew.

Banned
The abundance of spoilers and actually knowing where they are is, in a twisted way, tempting...like just to take a peek.

But I cant do it. I cant. Noooooo.

Superimposer

You have the game and are talking about pacing yourself? Send me your copy, I'll finish it and get it back to you after a weekend binge.

Ha, it's strange. I really really want to play it but I'm stopping myself for some reason. I'll probably just play the whole thing tomorrow.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The abundance of spoilers and actually knowing where they are is, in a twisted way, tempting...like just to take a peek.

But I cant do it. I cant. Noooooo.
This happens to me when I see spoiler tags. I'll just highlight the first couple letters...

Stay strong, Andrew

Magnus

For what it's worth, I vow to keep all my commentary tagged or spoiler-free.

What's this 451 code stuff everyone's talking about?

I've now seen some combat. Game's intense.

Falling in love with Columbia.

Andrew.

Banned
This happens to me when I see spoiler tags. I'll just highlight the first couple letters...

Stay strong, Andrew

I didnt even know we had a FB page until now.

Fuck. I can do this.

0451 is a door code from one of the System Shock games.

Is there even a way to input numbers in the main menu? I mean if not, then scratch that 0451 thought.

I still think itll be Irrationals own Konami code.

Superimposer

I won't even say that to myself to make me feel better.

Please still play this. I know you said a bit earlier that you don't even really want to buy this anymore but you know you want to. I'm still extremely early in the game, so the story hasn't taken any real turns yet, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it for what it is so far. There's a shitload to enjoy in this game, the story is just one of the points.

And hey, they might not be real spoilers anyway.

Muffdraul

For what it's worth, I vow to keep all my commentary tagged or spoiler-free.

What's this 451 code stuff everyone's talking about?

Deus Ex, System Shock, System Shock 2 and Bioshock have all had variations on 451 door codes. Assuming it'll pop up somewhere in BI is a no-brainer.

Superimposer

This is a fascinating theory. It made me think of what it would be like to make a narrative driven game that focused on the ending in the pre release press material. Wouldn't that be rather unique and innovative?

I've always wanted to read John Dies at the End. I'll get round to it someday.

DukeBobby

I am now leaving this thread. Seems like people are suicide bombing it with spoilers. What a fucking bummer. Glad i missed it though.

Aside from an incident a couple of days ago, this thread has been safe. The mods have been very efficient and are banning people who post anything that could constitute as a spoiler, even if it's completely fake.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is a fascinating theory. It made me think of what it would be like to make a narrative driven game that focused on the ending in the pre release press material. Wouldn't that be rather unique and innovative?
I disagree with the theory. Whenever I know too much I'm constantly waiting for certain scenes, guessing when they'll happen, and waiting for specific plot points instead of just enjoying the ride. Replays are when I turn on the analysis hat.

Andrew.

Banned
Aside from an incident a couple of days ago, this thread has been safe. The mods have been very efficient and are banning people who post anything that could constitute as a spoiler, even if it's completely fake.

Dude, FACE got banned last night for dropping a bomb.

Glad he's gone too. Dude was a douchecanoe.

Please still play this. I know you said a bit earlier that you don't even really want to buy this anymore but you know you want to. I'm still extremely early in the game, so the story hasn't taken any real turns yet, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it for what it is so far. There's a shitload to enjoy in this game, the story is just one of the points.

And hey, they might not be real spoilers anyway.
The story isn't just a point in a Bioshock game. It was a major factor for purchasing it, as I loved Bioshock 1's story.

Magnus

For anyone else who has the game, is there anyway to stop playing an audio log? I occasionally accidentally hit the key to replay the most recently acquired one and can't seem to stop it. Lol.

The VAing in this game is spectacular, as expected.

Maybe you said or did something that seemed really, really stupid.

In the tweet, he linked to a post I made in which I said that even if Prometheus (during the hype, before it came out) turned out to be extremely good, it wouldn't win best pictures at the Oscars. Because science-fiction movies never have a chance, which is sad.

How stupid of me! :)

I disagree with the theory. Whenever I know too much I'm constantly waiting for certain scenes, guessing when they'll happen, and waiting for specific plot points instead of just enjoying the ride. Replays are when I turn on the analysis hat.

Agreed, I don't accept that theory at all. At best, I've sometimes enjoyed games more when I could pick out all the "clues" for a plot twist rather than playing through the game a second time, but that's exceedingly rare.

Muffdraul

For anyone else who has the game, is there anyway to stop playing an audio log? I occasionally hit the key to replay the most recently acquired one and can't seem to stop it. Lol.

Man, to this day I *still* wish they'd patch that into Bioshock 1.

Andrew.

Banned
In the tweet, he linked to a post I made in which I said that even if Prometheus (during the hype, before it came out) turned out to be extremely good, it wouldn't win best pictures at the Oscars. Because science-fiction movies never have a chance, which is sad.

District 9 had the best chance out of all of them.

edit: So did 2001.

Muffdraul

Hmmm... Maybe it was a typo.

Magnus

Fuck am I ever terrible at FPS controls on a controller. Man, now I'm actually really excited to try this with Move later.

Deus Ex, System Shock, System Shock 2 and Bioshock have all had variations on 451 door codes. Assuming it'll pop up somewhere in BI is a no-brainer.

What did the 451 code open in Bioshock ?
the room where those Russian(?) parents killed themselves after seeing their daughter turned into a little sister ?

Top Bottom