• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Zeliard

If a story is mysterious, I want to spend time predicting plot elements. That's part of the enjoyment. I don't even know what "enjoying the story in the moment" means in this context. Why can't I both speculate and enjoy the ongoing experience?

Of course, I wasn't saying that there should be no speculation at all. It's that it can potentially get to the point of distracting you from what's actually happening at that given time, if what is dominating your thoughts story-wise are potential future revelations and surprises. Bioshock Infinite isn't likely to be 100% about the mysteries, after all, and is likely to be as notable for its thematic ideas as anything else.

If you've been spoiled on the ending, take the opportunity to focus on other things during play.

CrazyDude

How could they possibly have time to post if they work for a video game company?

They are in the phase where they have nothing to do.

I think knowing if a plot twist ahead of time is beneficial when you know there is one coming, as opposed to not knowing there is a plot twist.

Dylan

I dont think that sounds too uncharacteristic for the average gamer. If you have played other FPS's or even just Bioshock before than this is all rather familiar territory. The game is great, but it doesn't reinvent the wheel when it comes to controls. The hook sections are rather inuitive and the shoot guns and fire lightning from your fingers is a common trope.

I agree with you but I was totally serious. Labs pay good money for fools to sit motionless for a couple of hours. Hit up your nearest university, dare I say it... for science.

Not sure if posted yet, but GMG customers:

Hey everyone - we've got some important information about BioShock Infinite keys.

Our automated system is currently sending out BioShock Infinite keys - we were only able to start sending keys when the pre-load opened. The game launches on Tuesday so we will have the keys with you in good time to pre-load and start playing.

Due to high sales on this title we have taken some steps to speed things up. Most notably we have taken down the Keys and Game History section of the Account temporarily. Many people were hitting this area looking for their key since the pre-load was announced and this was severely impacting the actual sending of keys. There is no need to access this section of your Account as you will receive an email with your key. Sorry about this, but it will help.

Once keys have been despatched we will bring these sections back.

/Darren

I haven't recieved mine yet, but I'll keep checking. Can't even remember which email I use for GMG :/

FartOfWar

Banned
Well there's Tolstoy ruined.

If anyone spoils Dostoevsky, I'm gonna be pissed.

There's a crime in Crime and Punishment. Seriously, the Gilgamesh line killed it. How was I supposed to know that someone who hasn't read or seen any of dozens of takes on Anna and still intends too didn't know. I mean for fucks sake the introductory essays in half the editions talk about before you even start reading the novel. : )

EagleEyes

I haven't really gone back in this thread and checked but does anyone know why the industrial pack digital key doesn't work on steam? Is it going to be used in game or did gamefly send me an invalid code. Thanks for any responses.

I don't want to defend everything but for real, 8 hours is a speed run. It took 99 percent of people over three hours to finish our demo alone and that ends at the start of the game.

Yeah and I never said it was a 4-5 hour game! Honestly if you skip all the dialogue and ambiance stuff like I mentioned, yes it shaves off probably close to 2 hours-- but then you didn't really play the game.

It's a solid 8-9 for me. I thought the difficulty was easier than Bioshock 1, especially with some of the more imba gear and vigor enhancments.

EDIT: In that recent inteview with dev's talking about the B. Bay setting you can catch my drift. If you wan't to experience every interaction there, that takes a while. If you just run to the next gate, you miss literally nothing outside of flavor text, and shave some time. Note: I tried to get every interaction at each of these places, and I think most gamers will, but the devs and Ken even admitted some fools will just run right past that shit.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Steam pre-loads are wonderful, but at the same time they might be the one of the most sadistic and masochistic thing the industry has created.

Like imagine all those lucky people out there who managed to get official console copies today. Now imagine putting the disc into the tray and you get to the start screen, but then you have to wait until MS or Sony flips a switch before pressing start actually does anything.

Steam pre-loads are wonderful, but at the same time they might be the one of the most sadistic and masochistic thing the industry has created.

Like imagine all those lucky people out there who managed to get official console copies today. Now imagine putting the disc into the tray and you get to the start screen, but then you have to wait until MS or Sony flips a switch before pressing start actually does anything.

At least Infinite looks like it will unlock at midnight. I remember it being like 3pm when Mass Effect 2 unlocked.

Andrew.

Banned
Yo Shawn I have nothing to do this weekend due to bio playcation. What are some classic GFW episodes that I should check out?

FartOfWar

Banned
Yeah and I never said it was a 4-5 hour game! Honestly if you skip all the dialogue and ambiance stuff like I mentioned, yes it shaves off probably close to 2 hours-- but then you didn't really play the game.

It's a solid 8-9 for me. I thought the difficulty was easier than Bioshock 1, especially with some of the more imba gear and vigor enhancments.

1999 time. Be the first (so to speak).

Top Bottom