• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
First time I've ever heard that statement.

You actually rarely hear the words DLC and good in the same sentence.

From what I've heard, the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 was fantastic.

I'm hoping they deliver the same amount of hype for these 3 pieces.

Grief.exe

From what I've heard, the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 was fantastic.

I'm hoping they deliver the same amount of hype for these 3 pieces.

Well that had nothing to do with Irrational.

If you actually read the DLC for Bioshock 1 it was actually laughably bad.

They released one piece of DLC called the Challenge Room, which was just a series of rooms with different enemies in them.

Cost $10...

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Challenge_Rooms

God man...play the original first.

Starbreeze...

Seven words.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Dead

well not really...yet
Wonder if the dlc will be 3 stand alone side stories or one story split in 3 chapters, like AC3s Washington thing.

Either way its cool well be getting single player expansion rather extra stuff for a multiplayer mode bo one really cares about. Coughtombraidercough

Can't be worse than that Challenge Room DLC they did for Bioshock 1. BS1 combat devoid any of the interesting context, $10.

Let's shoot for Minereva's Den quality, Irrational

Zeliard

I don't know if its been mentioned yet since I've removed myself from this thread, but Amazon's pre-order got updated.

Pre-order from Amazon and get XCOM for free, along with two $30 credits towards 2K games. This can be used towards the season pass, but only after 30 days.

So pre-order from Amazon, get the season pass and XCOM for free, along with another $30 gift pass towards a 2k game.

A lot of times Amazon has a bundle that has Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Civ 5 for around $15.

Seems like a pretty solid deal.

source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10587073#post10587073

Wait, where do you see that it's two $30 credits?

Andrew.

Banned
Syndicate was so disappointing :(

If JJ Abrams didnt direct (lens flare) it couldve been a bit easier to see.

The soundtrack sucked as well (Skrillex, sorry you dumbsteppers)

But I got what they were shooting for. They nailed that whole Blade Runner-esque element, and the take down options were cool, but it was still bland as fuck to me.

Zeliard

Is it only one? I apologize.

I believe it was originally two $15 credits when they put it up.

Now its only one $30 credit.

That's still an interesting deal since I already own Spec Ops, Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2, and even Mafia 2. I've been waiting to pre-order till the most compelling deal comes out, heh. Doesn't seem to be a reason not to in my case, though I kinda do wanna read Mind in Revolt.

DukeBobby

If JJ Abrams didnt direct (lens flare) it couldve been a bit easier to see.

The soundtrack sucked as well (Skrillex, sorry you dumbsteppers)

But I got what they were shooting for. They nailed that whole Blade Runner-esque element, and the take down options were cool, but it was still bland as fuck to me.

Yeah, it was just so...average. There's no other word I could use to describe it.

But, man, The Darkness was so awesome. It also had the most emotionally powerful moment in a game this generation, in my opinion.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
That's still an interesting deal since I already own Spec Ops, Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2, and even Mafia 2. I've been waiting to pre-order till the most compelling deal comes out, heh. Doesn't seem to be a reason not to in my case, though I kinda do wanna read Mind in Revolt.

I really wonder what 2K is going to come out with though. At least we have a year to figure it out.

Unfortunately GTA doesn't fall under the 2k umbrella.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah, it was just so...average. There's no other word I could use to describe it.

But, man, The Darkness was so awesome. It also had the most emotionally powerful moment in a game this generation, in my opinion.

It sure did. Just hanging with her watching To Kill A Mockingbird (if you wanted) was enough..

That whole scene should be considered one of this gens greatest moments. Nothing has touched it since.

antitrop

The Darkness is absolutely one of the most underrated games of the generation, came out of nowhere. I wasn't even familiar with the graphic novel before the game came out.

Mike Patton's VO is legendary and JjjJjEeenNNnnyYy is legitimately one of the best female characters in gaming.

DukeBobby

The Darkness is absolutely one of the most underrated games of the generation, came out of nowhere. I wasn't even familiar with the graphic novel before the game came out.

Mike Patton's VO is legendary and JjjJjEeenNNnnyYy is legitimately one of the best female characters in gaming.

I also think that Uncle Paulie is one of the best villains in gaming. Truly hateful.

Zeliard

Yeah, the Darkness was pretty good. Always wished it had come out for PC as well. :p

I really wonder what 2K is going to come out with though. At least we have a year to figure it out.

Unfortunately GTA doesn't fall under the 2k umbrella.

If I get it from Amazon I might use the credit on the upcoming Civ V expansion.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Has anyone received their key from the AMD Never Settle bundle, yet? I got my Tomb Raider key a while back, but still waiting on Bioshock's Steam key.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Anyone get their AMD code yet?

Waiting on mine too, I mailed them and got an auto reply about codes being mailed out ASAP

Still waiting for mine.

Has anyone received their key from the AMD Never Settle bundle, yet? I got my Tomb Raider key a while back, but still waiting on Bioshock's Steam key.

This many people within the last 50 posts in this thread are still waiting.

Andrew.

Banned
I was being sarcastic, but cool nonetheless.

Im turned off by the sequel because of the art style, but at the same time kind of intrigued.

GrizzNKev

Banned
What game would be the best game to pass the time between now and Tuesday? I'm on spring break right now. I'm thinking of touching on Bioshock again but I don't want to do that because it will probably taint the freshness of the experience going into Infinite.

Top Bottom