• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

I am too lazy to change I will just get the PS3 version I already have it preorderd just hope the PS3 doesn't stop working so I am keeping it cold in my room and not turning it on till maybe Monday.

Andrew.

Banned
I am too lazy to change I will just get the PS3 version I already have it preorderd just hope the PS3 doesn't stop working so I am keeping it cold in my room and not turning it on till maybe Monday.

1909338127502ed9628c561.jpeg

Tomb Raider is very disposable. Better ways to spend your time unless you're looking for something simply to waste it. I spent 2.14 at red box which was one day charge played for day and a half, I would say it's a good rental. It's one of the most polished shallow AAA games out there with a neat cover system, hubs, and the bow. Unfortunately that's all I have nice to say about it. :p

Andrew.

Banned
Man I 100%ed that game and just tonight I was thinking I would totally start it over again and only upgrade certain things etc. Ill buy it again down the line.

Its got staying power if you want it to.

CrazyDude

Man I 100%ed that game and just tonight I was thinking I would totally start it over again and only upgrade certain things etc. Ill buy it again down the line.

Its got staying power if you want it to.

It's not a bad game, it just doesn't stand out. I am guessing that is what a sequel is for. Uncharted 1 wasn't a very memorable game either.

A 16 bit Vanquish demake would be perfect. Sidescroller though, although they could mix things up. Variety is as much the name of that game as abundant geometricity.

Love seeing Vanquish discussion in here. Best $6 I've ever spent.

I love the game, but I beat it on a rental a while back and could never find it anywhere. Now I have it because it's free on PS+, haha.

Toparaman

Banned
Youre thinking way too much.

The ports are nearly identical with the patch. It doesnt help when I dont know what the flip wonky means to you when the PS3 has always ran wonky-less to me since day 1.

Dude. Just try it for yourself. Play Bioshock with 1080p enabled (and 720p, of course), and then play it with 1080p disabled. This is the only PS3 game I've played that basically just assumes you'd rather play in a worse resolution scaled to 1080p than a better resolution scaled to 720p.

Also, I'm looking for an excuse to buy Infinite early, okay? Let's just pretend that it comes with a super-fantabulous looking Bioshock 1.

Great commerical, awful song choice.

What's worse is that it's been the same obnoxious song in every commercial, including the one I saw in theaters way back in January. Hopefully at some point they'll start putting out commercials to appeal to the more intellectual types, or they're missing out on a lot of potential buyers.

I will probably love everything else, but I felt this game would have been so special if I didn't know the twist. It's in my top 3 awaited games of this year, along with Last of Us and GTA V.

I will probably love everything else, but I felt this game would have been so special if I didn't know the twist. It's in my top 3 awaited games of this year, along with Last of Us and GTA V.

Damn... where did you learn the twist to the game? I've just been spending all of my time in this thread, thankfully my eyes haven't been privy to anything they shouldn't be as of yet. I mean, is the twist something that can be summed up in a single sentence?

Stark

Banned

Yeah, so at the very least buy it still and experience the rest of its potential greatness.

Was it spoiled in this thread?

Damn... where did you learn the twist to the game? I've just been spending all of my time in this thread, thankfully my eyes haven't been privy to anything they shouldn't be as of yet. I mean, is the twist something that can be summed up in a single sentence?
A single sentence is all it took to spoil it for me.
Yeah, so at the very least buy it still and experience the rest of its potential greatness.

Was it spoiled in this thread?

Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. I'm going to bed :(

No, on the NeoGAF facebook group. I got a notification, clicked on it, and bam the spoiler was in front of me.

Raxus

No, on the NeoGAF facebook group. I got a notification, clicked on it, and bam the spoiler was in front of me.
It's ok, show us on the doll where the spoiler touched you.

Who was the jackass who posted it?

Yikes... that is fucked up man :/ I'm especially sensitive to spoilers in the sense that I've got a memory like an elephant. I mean, to this very day, I have never seen Trigun because I accidentally read the ending on IGN like 15 years ago :l

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Shit, man. I am very sorry. Wish I could hypnotize you and make you forget.

I'll be quitting this thread (more than I did before! I hope) to prevent suicide members from spoiling the game.

Can mods ban by IP? That should help a bit with spoilers in case a jackass comes across as a smartass.

Stark

Banned
I actually like the song. Probably the minority.

It fits the trailers/commercials and the Beast of America trailer is my favorite.

iavi

Join the club. Some asshat spoiled the game for me too, but I've figured that I'll probably still enjoy the shit out of the journey there. It's not like you were told how every scene plays out.

I was spoiled on another site. I'm kind of ok with it, because I have this problem that when a game's story really hooks me, I tend to rush through gameplay segments to see what happens next. Being spoiled, maybe I will feel compelled to slow down a bit.

Squall516

Hopefully someone can help me out and give me some advice, To start i have never played any of the Bioshock games. I have it pre-ordered right now for the 360 (I would have gotten it for PC bc it will be 1000x better but my PC sux and cant really play it so im stuck with getting a console version).

Now my real question is, i had originally pre-ordered it for 360 bc its a FPS and i know personally i like the 360 controller much better for those types of games. But I haven't really been able to find to much info and comparisons so i was wondering if someone could help me out and fill me in on which system it would play better on the 360 or PS3 i was also really tempted to get the PS3 version bc it has Bioshock 1 and i've never played it but like i said i like the 360 controller for shooters much better. So can someone help me out and give me some advice? If the PS3 versions will be that much more superior i'll deal with the controller for the overall better experience. So if anyone has any info or advice id really appreciate the help. Thanks ^___^

Toparaman

Banned
The actual song (by Nico Vega) is badass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4aaScgdXSQ

And quite fitting.

It sounds a lot better here. Sounds like a better mix or something. For some reason they sound like a White Stripes clone in the commercial. Also, I think the general tone of the song (really brash and bold, whereas Booker seems more confused and nervous in the game) doesn't really fit, though who knows.

Wow, I actually like this song. Thanks Andrew!

Top Bottom