• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Zeliard

I was being sarcastic, but cool nonetheless.

Don't lie, you want it to be all Bioshock, all the time.

Yeah, he could have had more screen time, but that one particular scene was enough for me.

The sequel just lacked everything that made the first game so great, despite the improved shooting mechanics. Even Mike Patton's performance was much weaker.

That's what a different dev will do. I like Digital Extremes from their past work with UT and such but single-player isn't their forte; the story in particular suffered greatly. But it's super-violent, looks pretty, and if you basically just wanna fuck shit up, The Darkness 2 will do.

Yeah just seems like a perfect way to pass the time. Not sure about the $60 though, and I need to renew Plus. Still, that's the one I'm looking at right now.

WOW, I just found out bioshock infinite is releasing 2 days earlier on my area on STEAM (originally on the 27). Can't fucking wait!
**Not yet spoiled** (YES)

Sucks that the reviews have to be embargoed on release date, at least GOW:A had the balls and confidence to lift it a week early.

WOW, I just found out bioshock infinite is releasing 2 days earlier on my area on STEAM (originally on the 27). Can't fucking wait!
**Not yet spoiled** (YES)

This post is horrifying. It starts out with "WOW I JUST FOUND OUT" followed by a lot of words without spoiler tags, but then ending with spoiler tags. Holy shit.

Toparaman

Banned
I wonder if the Bioshock 1 digital download is the same as the kinda wonky port from 2008. That wasn't even ported by Irrational (Digital Extremes did it), so it's kinda weird that they're offering it. Also, I don't think Bioshock 1 was offered digitally prior to now on PSN.

By any chance, can anyone confirm this? If it's actually a new port, and saves from the previous port work on it, I may just buy Infinite earlier than I planned, so I can finish the original with better graphics.

Andrew.

Banned
I wonder if the Bioshock 1 digital download is the same as the kinda wonky port from 2008. That wasn't even ported by Irrational (Digital Extremes did it), so it's kinda weird that they're offering it. Also, I don't think Bioshock 1 was offered digitally prior to now on PSN.

By any chance, can anyone confirm this? If it's actually a new port, and saves from the previous port work on it, I may just buy Infinite earlier than I planned, so I can finish the original with better graphics.

The port was fucked until the patch, which makes it basically a mirror image to the 360 version.

antitrop

I have discovered that I like eating bbq baked beans while playing Vanquish. Discuss.
I love playing Vanquish while I'm playing Vanquish.

tumblr_m4vdra2miK1rns1u0o1_500.gif

Dartastic

I don't know if its been mentioned yet since I've removed myself from this thread, but Amazon's pre-order got updated.

Pre-order from Amazon and get XCOM for free, along with two $30 credits towards 2K games. This can be used towards the season pass, but only after 30 days.

So pre-order from Amazon, get the season pass and XCOM for free, along with another $30 gift pass towards a 2k game.

A lot of times Amazon has a bundle that has Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Civ 5 for around $15.

Seems like a pretty solid deal.

source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10587073#post10587073
Let me guess. Only on PC. =(

Ken Levine ‏@IGLevine
RT @mmmmorgasm: @IGLevine Will my Bazungus TX15 run Bioshock Infinite on Windows 95? ---Of course not?! Are you INSANE?!

LOL love it.

Andrew.

Banned
I love official threads with crazy community, it feels all warm and snuggly. This one doesnt have the negativity that the halo OTs bring.

Well it isnt Halo, and just wait til release day. Enjoy it while you can. The dissatisfaction will come in spades come next week.

Im baskin in it right now though..

Edit: Vanquish gifs in the Infinite thread make everything happy.

CrazyDude

Started playing Bioshock 2 today. I haven't played Bioshock 1 one since it came and at the time I hated the atmosphere, but now I am really liking it. Interesting how time can change a persons perception of things.

Edit: Jesus Christ Andrew, more than 300 posts.

Toparaman

Banned
The port was fucked until the patch, which makes it basically a mirror image to the 360 version.

But even with the patch, it's still pretty wonky. If your PS3 is set to 1080p, the game outputs at a low resolution badly upscaled to 1080p even if you have 720p enabled. So basically you have to uncheck 1080p to get the game to output to 720p. Even then the native resolution isn't actually 720p (I believe it's 680p), which isn't uncommon for PS3 games, but I believe the 360 version is full 720p.

It's also just weird that 360 owners didn't get the same offer, and I can't help but wonder, especially with Levine saying that Irrational really grew to love the PS3 hardware, that maybe they improved the port.

Started playing Bioshock 2 today. I haven't played Bioshock 1 one since it came and at the time I hated the atmosphere, but now I am really liking it. Interesting how time can change a persons perception of things.

Bioshock 2 is and will always be a good game. It doesn't have the impact or the story of the first one, but I don't see how that makes it bad by any stretch and it still had its very own story merits. A few things really took me by surprise. The gameplay was solid and I liked the soundtrack better as well.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on my phone or I'd look up the Neil Degrasse Tyson lecture where he discusses that levitation is theoretically possible but would require fatal levels of flatulence.

There is someone in this world willing to go to that point. For science!

Andrew.

Banned
But even with the patch, it's still pretty wonky. If your PS3 is set to 1080p, the game outputs at a low resolution badly upscaled to 1080p even if you have 720p enabled. So basically you have to uncheck 1080p to get the game to output to 720p. Even then the native resolution isn't actually 720p (I believe it's 680p), which isn't uncommon for PS3 games, but I believe the 360 version is full 720p.
\.

Youre thinking way too much.

The ports are nearly identical with the patch. It doesnt help when I dont know what the flip wonky means to you when the PS3 has always ran wonky-less to me since day 1.

pakkit

Banned
Were you also hopelessly disappointed by LA Noire?

Not especially. I enjoyed the story and the attention to detail in the game. I don't think LA Noire would hold up to multiple play throughs, but as a "new" experience in video games, it was a pretty good first shot. I'm patiently waiting for a developer to adapt Sherlock...

Andrew.

Banned
Not especially. I enjoyed the story and the attention to detail in the game. I don't think LA Noire would hold up to multiple play throughs, but as a "new" experience in video games, it was a pretty good first shot. I'm patiently waiting for a developer to adapt Sherlock...

That would be Lego. Haha.

I had a lot of fun with Tomb Raider. The bow and arrow was a ton of fun to use, and the game moves along at a nice clip. It's the sort of game that feels good to play, but when you stop to ponder over its mechanics, it feels very shallow and rote, similar to Uncharted I'd say, except I enjoyed it more than 1 and 3.

Edit: Vanquish is a great game. You guys are alright

Top Bottom