• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Hopefully someone can help me out and give me some advice, To start i have never played any of the Bioshock games. I have it pre-ordered right now for the 360 (I would have gotten it for PC bc it will be 1000x better but my PC sux and cant really play it so im stuck with getting a console version).

Now my real question is, i had originally pre-ordered it for 360 bc its a FPS and i know personally i like the 360 controller much better for those types of games. But I haven't really been able to find to much info and comparisons so i was wondering if someone could help me out and fill me in on which system it would play better on the 360 or PS3 i was also really tempted to get the PS3 version bc it has Bioshock 1 and i've never played it but like i said i like the 360 controller for shooters much better. So can someone help me out and give me some advice? If the PS3 versions will be that much more superior i'll deal with the controller for the overall better experience. So if anyone has any info or advice id really appreciate the help. Thanks ^___^

It's like you puked on your keyboard.

Get the PS3 version because you'll get Bioshock 1 for free. One version isn't clearly above the other and I think the PS version gets trials or something.

Holy hell.

Squall516

It's like you puked on your keyboard.

Get the PS3 version because you'll get Bioshock 1 for free. One version isn't clearly above the other and I think the PS version gets trials or something.

Holy hell.

Hey, how did you know!?!? I actually did puke on my keyboard... and just for you too lol :p

but yeaa...anyway what do you mean trials? Like some extra in game bonus thing? like wat happened with the VR missions and MGR? where they added some timed exclusive thing for the PS3?

Also i mean the copy of Bioshock 1 wasn't a huge thing to sway me tho, considering it'll prob be a very very long time before i even have time to get around playing it. So i was just curious as to which console will just play Infinite better, and from what i remember Bioshock one played better on 360 too. So as i said before i was more partial to the 360 bc of the controller, but if the PS3 version is indeed better then id go with that to really maximize the experience. So if anyone can find some comparisons or something in any of the reviews or have any other advice (aside from some snarky unnecessary comments) i'd really appreciate the help.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Cyan is running a tight ship here. People have been banned and posts edited within minutes or even seconds.

Fuck yeah. I love the mods in GAF. They're all awesome.

I just learned that the lead singer is a woman. Holy hell, what a voice.

Shit, those first words screamed spoiler for me. Thank God it wasn't. Almost had a heart attack. Man, I'm paranoid.

Squall516

Yea that's enough.

Hey, dipshit. Stop telling me how to play the game before I even have my fucking hands on it.

Dude calm down lol. He wasn't telling you how to play, he was just making a statement about what he's going to do. You don't have to be so rude in your fraking comments man!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel bad for mods in the sense that they pretty much have to spoil themselves while dealing with the assholes who post spoilers.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Um that's how most people play every game.

Except Half-Life 1.

I think you have to be out of the ordinary to not kill all the scientists.

Not having any knowledge of the game beforehand?

I'm seeing a pattern of people trying to tell me how to play the game "the right way"

Dartastic

Hey, wasn't it beastmode that posted that spoiler a couple days ago that POTENTIALLY RUINED THE PLOT FOR ME? Hey Beastmode. Fuck you. You're going on my ignore list, asshole. I suggest everyone else does the same.

Don't quote this piece of shit. Don't.

Dmax3901

Anyone preloading in Australia who's using Steam Limiter to make sure it downloads unmetered?

Cause I am, and it doesn't appear to be working. 14gb out of my quota :/

beastmode

Not having any knowledge of the game beforehand?
I suppose? That's how I played Deus Ex: HR on a whim.

I find these sort of open FPS games with lots of options to be the most entertaining when played as a psychopath. I never have interesting things happen when trying to act like a normal person.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I suppose? That's how I played Deus Ex: HR on a whim.

I find these sort of open FPS games with lots of options to be the most entertaining when played as a psychopath. I never have interesting things happen when trying to act like a normal person.

You said that's how most people play.

Dartastic

You know what would be awesome, mods? The ability to actually hide someone. I've hidden Beastmode, but I can still see it when people quote him. It's some bullshit. :/

bumclot

What's the best preorder deal going on right now?

I think a lot of the preorder deals are similar. Amazon you get XCOM free and $30 of credit for any 2K download. GMG you get Bio1 and XCOM free, plus one of a small selection of 2K games (GMG seems to be down, so not sure which ones). On Steam, you get XCOM, Bio1 and TF2 goodies (hats?). And of course, all come with the Industrial Revolution pack.

Not sure about other retailers, but def don't go with Gamestop. It looks like the only extra you get is an exclusive shotgun, and I think I heard you can get it for playing the Industrial Revolution puzzle game.

All the fake spoilers remind me of the one I read and believed for Assassins Creed III. It was something along the lines of
Conner gets captured and burnt alive at the stake, Desmond becomes trapped in the Animus and as such gets burnt alive as well
I almost wish that was how it actually ended :/

Can't believe the release date is so soon though, more than two years since the reveal which is crazy. I remember lamenting that the game was so far away then, for it to finally be coming out is almost odd.

I think a lot of the preorder deals are similar. Amazon you get XCOM free and $30 of credit for any 2K download. GMG you get Bio1 and XCOM free, plus one of a small selection of 2K games (GMG seems to be down, so not sure which ones). On Steam, you get XCOM, Bio1 and TF2 goodies (hats?). And of course, all come with the Industrial Revolution pack.

Not sure about other retailers, but def don't go with Gamestop. It looks like the only extra you get is an exclusive shotgun, and I think I heard you can get it for playing the Industrial Revolution puzzle game.

THe games at GMG are

Civ 5
Mafia 2
Spec ops The line
Bioshock 2
The Darkness 2

JJD

Guys, I'm already pre ordered the game on the PSN Store, I'm downloading Bio 1 now.

Do I get a Industrial Revolution code? Where do I find it?

Emarv

Guys, I'm already pre ordered the game on the PSN Store, I'm downloading Bio 1 now.

Do I get a Industrial Revolution code? Where do I find it?
I was thinking about preordering on PSN, but you can't pre-load, right? Not sure if that's worth it.

JJD

I was thinking about preordering on PSN, but you can't pre-load, right? Not sure if that's worth it.

You can't pre load on the US PSN, but it's possible on the EU one.

I just don't know if it's available for Infinite. I was able to pre load RE6 on the UK PSN a few days before the release date.

Yerolo

How big is the Steam pre-load ? Is it 15Gb all up or is there an optional HD texture pack increasing it up to 30Gb+ ?

Seem to be reading conflicting info

I never care about spoilers and just read the entire explanation of the ending on Rock Paper Shotgun.

There is a perfect
Meme
to describe it.

dejay

Banned
Just saying hi to myself from the future (or maybe the past). I'm so paranoid about spoilers I'm reading this thread a few hours behind in the hope that any spoilers will have been cleaned up by the time I get to the present, which is the past.

I feel sorry for the mods who have no choice but to be spoiled if it's their job to clean that shit up.

Top Bottom