• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Just saying hi to myself from the future (or maybe the past). I'm so paranoid about spoilers I'm reading this thread a few hours behind in the hope that any spoilers will have been cleaned up by the time I get to the present, which is the past.

I feel sorry for the mods who have no choice but to be spoiled if it's their job to clean that shit up.

Yeah it's pretty sad. You should just go to /v/ if you want to discuss. They went all the way with it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What the hell is going on with the thread title?

Pre-loading!

Tankshell

So is anyone else having GMG not loading up the keys or games page in my account? Everything else works fine.

They have temporarily taken the keys section of the site offline as apparently it was slowing their servers to a crawl with everyone logging in and checking for Bioshock keys!

Edit - infact the entire site is now down for maintenance.

aravuus

I was spoiled on another site. I'm kind of ok with it, because I have this problem that when a game's story really hooks me, I tend to rush through gameplay segments to see what happens next. Being spoiled, maybe I will feel compelled to slow down a bit.

Hey, I'm exactly the same lol. Most of the time this happens with games that have boring gameplay so then it doesn't really matter, but with BI, I'm not even that sad about being spoiled. Of course I absolutely LOVE twist endings and such, but knowing them beforehand doesn't exactly ruin the game or anything. It's going to be interesting to see how the plot gets where it gets, and now I can fully appreciate the gameplay.

Just got this delivered from SimplyGames [UK], for £30 really decent service.
Moving all my pre-orders over to them now - they also delivered my GoW Ascension three days early.

Is it worth completing the Infinite Industrial Revolution puzzles? Do you get anything worthwhile to doing them all?

They have temporarily taken the keys section of the site offline as apparently it was slowing their servers to a crawl with everyone logging in and checking for Bioshock keys!

Edit - infact the entire site is now down for maintenance.

They claim that people should be recieving their keys via email until then, but I'm hearing a lot of grumbling about people who preordered within the last day or so getting their keys instantly, whilst people who ordered weeks or months earlier are still waiting. I'm not too bothered unless I'm still unable preload before the 26th, but it definitely gives the impression that they care more about their immediate sales than the rest of us.

Really dick move by GMG holding onto my key until the 26th. I swear if it wasn't for the savings :/

GMG keys are being given out already, some people started their pre-load. The site is down because they have a shit tonne of traffic for the game and the keys and games tabs don't load, they had to disable them to get everyone's keys ready. When the site works properly again all keys will go up. Sometime today I reckon

Got my copy as well - happy as a pig in mud!

3_zps4324d999.jpg

1_zps88d02b60.jpg

2_zpsd8554de3.jpg

Gacha-pin

The opening of infinite is so good. It's Half Life 1 good. I love how Columbia is introduced in the segment. And boom, the game suddenly starts.

Lucky bastard. Be sure to post some impressions (may have missed it, but I don't think we have any 360 ones in here yet?).

Okay so I have been playing a bit and it kind of starts off in a similar vain as the original - which is kind of cool. You can draw a clear parallel between the big submerge (from the original) and the 'great' ascension (so close to Easter, you gotta appreciate the religious references, which it is teeming with among other things btw). However in the beginning the environment ain't threatening at all - more mysterious. But then I'm very early in - taken my time.

Also in this context (the utopia in the sky) the whole steam punk direction is more pronounced and better in its place (IMHO) than in the original. All in all I feel - now in the beginning act mind you - more like a noir detective, in a Boardwalk Empire sort of environment meets the something-view-hotel from the Shining, if that makes sense at all... Anyway your gonna love it. The cultural (or more specific literary, historical ) references will be fun to dissect as well. This is nothing short of high brow interactive entertainment.

The game plays (control wise) generally similar as the original, and I am very comfortable with that - as will most of you be.

proficiat! van waar?

congrats! where from?

Via BillGames...

clockpunk

My preorder arrived this morning, played for an hour. Very impressive - while it is no System Shock beater, it very well looks set to be superior to Bioshock. A little more restricted/linear than Dishonored, but it is very pretty.

Only thing missing, a fireworks launcher gun or tonic - were such in, I'd be most happy indeed! ;)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Some quick impressions after 30 mins:

I'm playing something very special.

Almost speechless.

It's probably the inertia of having it while a lot of others don't. I tend not to buy into the hyperbole pre-release.

Your playing it on console though so my main interest on visuals couldn't be satisfied. I'm definitely not interested in spoilers though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Seriously something I notice in every OT is that every game is the greatest game ever from the people who get it early. It gets tiresome.

I don't remember that in the GOWA thread; responses seemed positive but not over the top. I've only seen a couple of posts here that were gushing. Maybe people don't want to say too much and get banned, though.

Top Bottom