• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GMG is down. Hell yea!

Hell yeah motherf-er jpg is in order lol

I just put in a ticket since I haven't received confirmation but was charged and the site says I own the games when try to purchase them. This better not sit for days without being taken care of. The game comes out Tuesday.

I'm thinking of just going to ebay and get a never settle code. I really have no interest in the other games that come with the preorders to be honest. When I tried to make a payment it said error and then shortly after the site dun goofed.

beastmode

Which brings the question. How many of you are interested in the gunplay?
Most of the time I think about this game, I don't even remember it is a shooter (I mean, I know it is, it's just never the focus).
Me? I love playing fast paced, high-risk high-reward shooters. (I play Crysis like this guy: http://youtu.be/-y5KiJt9oxg?t=1m26s )

In BioShocks 1 & 2 I felt like I could only retreat and set up traps in pretty much all encounters. :(

JohngPR

I'm thinking of just going to ebay and get a never settle code. I really have no interest in the other games that come with the preorders to be honest. When I tried to make a payment it said error and then shortly after the site dun goofed.

Check the 2013 buy/sell thread. ;)

I'm thinking of going through Bioshock 1 again befor the game comes out. I haven't played it since it came out.

LiquidMetal14

Check the B/S/T thread. I talked to one Gaffer who was selling it for 35.

I watched the 38 min. ending video via /v/ and was kinda sad that the PS3 version looks so bland.

I couldn't tell if the framerate was consistent from the video but I certainly hope so. I STILL am undecided whether to go for the PC or PS3 version due to my horrible experiences with the first Bioshock on PC.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i3swX2xs1lwsd.png

I still don't get it.

Xdrive05

Any PC gamers plan on using a 360 controller? That's how I played the original Bioshock. The combat of these games (at least the first one) seems designed around a controller, the pacing especially. I know the IGN review talked up the quicker access of the mouse & keyboard, but I'm still kind of leaning toward controller.

Plus analogue move speed is alluring, since I plan on taking my sweet time exploring the world in this game... and playing stealthy when possible, like I did with the original.

beastmode

I watched the 38 min. ending video via /v/ and was kinda sad that the PS3 version looks so bland.

I couldn't tell if the framerate was consistent from the video but I certainly hope so. I STILL am undecided whether to go for the PC or PS3 version due to my horrible experiences with the first Bioshock on PC.
I thought we get banned for this?

Are you complaining that the story isn't realistic?
Sort of. I don't mind playing in a floating city but there was too much focus on fictional technology (which is so advanced or powerful you might as well call it 'magic'). If anything can happen, what's interesting?

I thought we get banned for this?

I'm just talking about how the game looks and plays. I commented on the ending before. Computer spoils more about the story than I do and even he/she doesn't actually say anything. I put it in context because I was looking for the ending while simultaneously seeing how the game performed on PS3.

I watched the IGN review as well which seemed to have some PS3 footage too.

Sort of. I don't mind playing in a floating city but there was too much focus on fictional technology (which is so advanced or powerful you might as well call it 'magic'). If anything can happen, what's interesting?

I'm with you on that.

The PC version of Infinite will undoubtedly be the definitive version. It has FOV control, higher resolution textures, etc.
http://irrationalgames.com/insider/pc-specifications-for-bioshock-infinite-announced/

LiquidMetal14

It's unfortunate that we can't really have so much PC impressions right now because at least we could bask in some spoilered screenshot

I would play this with KB/M over pad but it's nice to have native pad support for couch support.

beastmode

I'm just talking about how the game looks and plays. I commented on the ending before. Computer spoils more about the story than I do and even he/she doesn't actually say anything. I put it in context because I was looking for the ending while simultaneously seeing how the game performed on PS3.

I watched the IGN review as well which seemed to have some PS3 footage too.
I thought the policy is that people get banned if they share impressions from anything other than official media or a proven legit copy of the game?

CrazyDude

So you must really hate fantasy and sci-fi stories.

So, basically like BioShock? Going by that, there's plenty that can be interesting.

I haven't played the game yet, but complaining about how realistic the story is when you're playing in a floating city circa 1910, and where people can summon crows to attack other people at will, comes off as really stupid to me.

I thought the policy is that people get banned if they share impressions from anything other than official media or a proven legit copy of the game?

Well then I should've been banned a long while ago. People are streaming stuff days and sometimes even weeks before release. Think for example of the stuff people were discussing last year in threads here when streams of Max Payne 3 came out a week before release. Not all of those were legit.

Also stuff like leaked endings, for example Halo 3.

So you're complaining about a game being too fantasy when it was advertised with the songbird, Elizabeth able to create tears in time, a floating city in the sky and people able to shoot crows or fire out of their hands?

Vire

Just out of curiosity did you enjoy Bioshock 1?

Zeliard

Computer/Maddog, how's the Elizabeth environmental interaction stuff? Is it relatively naturalistic for the most part? Does it end up adding to the character's realism or does it come across as artificial?

Computer/Maddog, how's the Elizabeth environmental interaction stuff? Is it relatively naturalistic for the most part? Does it end up adding to the character's realism or does it come across as artificial?

Let me just say that I love your avatar. Especially so because I recently came to the conclusion that Kingdom of Heaven is my favorite movie ever.
Looks nice, but seems choppy as fuck. I really hope that's the video and not the game.

Elzar said there is some stuttering.

Once again,
the transition from a peaceful stroll in the park to ultra-violence is jarring. This happened in Tomb Raider and now this.
I don't understand how devs haven't caught this in play testing, assuming that they're sensible. It could just be developer tunnel vision. Possibly for the sake of game play?

What's with the thread title change?
Google for train within this thread.

Magnus

Yikes... I hope the PS3 version fared better :/

The more I've played, the more I'm happy with the overall package. Doesn't feel like the frame rate goes to hell during battle much. Actually feels as solid to me as Bioshock 1 did on the 360, if that makes sense.

I'm about 5 hours in, and at:
the point where I've reunited with Liz and am going into Fink's to find guns.

Wonder what this game length will wind up Being for me.

Love the Heavy Hitters. Awesome designs and encounters all around.

It's alright. Elizabeth gives you money, ammo or health randomly, she can pick locks for you (Booker always asks nicely and always thanks her afterwards so hopefully there won't be another scandal about men abusing women in video games). She can also make stuff (such as automated weapons, walls, etc.) spawn during battles but it's optional.

Apart from that, you don't have to protect her (good thing), she doesn't get in your way and her AI is good enough that she doesn't get lost.

I also really didn't like Bioshock 1. Is this at least better than that game?
I prefer the setting of Bioshock Infinite but I prefer the story of Bioshock 1 (I haven't played Bioshock 2).

Top Bottom