• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Vire

Had about an hour of gameplay with Elizabeth so far. I think her behaviour is absolutely great so far - very very impressed. She ran into a wall for about 3 seconds once but I'm not too bothered by that.

I just replayed ICO last week so anything will be an improvement over Yorda. :p

Tried my luck getting a copy today, but nope...they won't sell until Tuesday despite the copies sitting on the shelves so snugly. Oh well, I waited years, so I can wait a few more days :p

Grief.exe

Upon looking at it more closely though I realize I own almost all of those games already. :p

Still the Amazon bundle probably remains the most tempting for me, especially if they just upped it to $45 in credit back.

It would be a perfect deal for someone who is looking to get into PC gaming.

You essentially get like 10 excellent games for free.

S1kkZ

playing the 360 version right now (2 hours in, could be more).

in the first hour, the framerate can get pretty bad. the game pushes a lot of impressive stuff and it takes its toll on the framerate. if you unlock the framerate, you get excessive tearing but it runs a lot smoother. saw the first 30 minutes of the ps3 version and it seems to be mostly the same, maybe more tearing.

after the first hour, framerate gets much more stable and seems to hold the 30 fps target most of the time (while still looking mighty fine).
during combat, it still can get a bit choppy (like in bioshock 1+2)-

framerate aside, the game looks fantastic and IS fantastic. i love everything about it so far, i hope they can keep the pace up.

I dunno what I expexted of the Skyhook stuff, but being able to use it at all of your own volition rather than being on-rails (so to speak) is all I really hoped.

Well, GMG refunded me >>

I just want to buy the damn pack and now the site is down. Give me a break here.

Why did GMG refund you?

Also has anyone actually got keys from GMG yet? I ordered weeks ago and never got an email with a key. And for some reason the My Games/Keys pages won't load for me.

bumclot

Well, GMG refunded me >>

I just want to buy the damn pack and now the site is down. Give me a break here.

I don't get why people use GMG. It seems like every pre-release OT I'm in people are complaining about them and wondering where their keys are. It really doesn't make sense considering other retailers are essentially offering the same deal.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't get why people use GMG. It seems like every pre-release OT I'm in people are complaining about them and wondering where their keys are. It really doesn't make sense considering other retailers are essentially offering the same deal.

I want to be able to get Civ 5 and XCOM free so let me know where I can either get Civ 5 for 5 or under or the same deal. I did that deal on GMG but now I'm refunded lol

><

Andrew.

Banned
geronimo, motherfucker..

skylinemelee_ONLINE.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I posted this in the Steam thread, but this should work for anyone who needs an alternative install location.

Tried that, but no luck. Thanks anyway, though.

I'll wait for the game to come out proper - it's only a few days. Still, I don't understand why Steam doesn't let you choose pre-load locations.

I feel like the impressions of the 360 and PS3 version are much of the same right now, but the OCD gamer in me wants a full-on breakdown of which one is better. Even if it's only one version getting 1 more FPS more... I need to know! =P
Sounds like me need that breakdown.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wonder why we didn't got any magazine reviews yet? well my friend just got a email and a mag he subscribed to got delayed. Normally it comes on saturday but now he gets it on monday.

Interesting...

bumclot

I want to be able to get Civ 5 and XCOM free so let me know where I can either get Civ 5 for 5 or under or the same deal. I did that deal on GMG but now I'm refunded lol

><

With the $30 credit at Amazon you wouldn't have to spend any of your money on Civ 5. I was considering GMG because it had a slightly better deal than the other retailers I was looking at, but I knew I'd be going crazy if I wasn't sure when my key was coming.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I got mine last night instantly.

Site is down right now ><

Pretty incompetent service so far.

With the $30 credit at Amazon you wouldn't have to spend any of your money on Civ 5. I was considering GMG because it had a slightly better deal than the other retailers I was looking at, but I knew I'd be going crazy if I wasn't sure when my key was coming.

That sounds good but when do you get the credit?

Gah, someone convince me not to buy this game. My computer only barely passes minimum specs, and I know I shouldn't buy it if it will run like crap. :(

playing the 360 version right now (2 hours in, could be more).

in the first hour, the framerate can get pretty bad. the game pushes a lot of impressive stuff and it takes its toll on the framerate. if you unlock the framerate, you get excessive tearing but it runs a lot smoother. saw the first 30 minutes of the ps3 version and it seems to be mostly the same, maybe more tearing.

after the first hour, framerate gets much more stable and seems to hold the 30 fps target most of the time (while still looking mighty fine).
during combat, it still can get a bit choppy (like in bioshock 1+2)-

framerate aside, the game looks fantastic and IS fantastic. i love everything about it so far, i hope they can keep the pace up.

360 more tearing, or ps 3?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Bioshock Infinite is the third one, right? I never played the second one, so I don't know if there's a connection between them in terms os story.

Oh i see, well they said it's not a must to play the previous Bioshock games. I haven't played it yet so can't say much about it.

So what's the deal with the sites that sell Steam game codes? I remembered hearing stories of Valve disabling accounts that use them and that they are generally considered dodgy. Are there sites that are considered trust-worthy or what?

bumclot

I just finished the first one, will I be missing something in terms of story if I play Infinite?

Haven't played Infinite yet, but I doubt it, especially because you've finished the first one. I really enjoyed Bioshock 2, but it felt like something of a retread. I don't think you'll be missing anything in Infinite by not playing Bio2. I'd definitely recommend playing it at some point though, if you enjoyed the first one.

So what's the deal with the sites that sell Steam game codes? I remembered hearing stories of Valve disabling accounts that use them and that they are generally considered dodgy. Are there sites that are considered trust-worthy or what?

They are what you call 'grey market' keys meaning the origin is questionable. If you check the PCGamer forums they have a list of all the trustworthy ones.

Top Bottom