• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

I actually really liked the second game, I thought it compliments the first game really well, and the themes in the second are kinda the opposite of the first game. I think of the first game being about capitalism and Randian ideas, whereas the second is kinda like communism. The second game is defiantly worth playing, but I don't think it is necessary storywise.

Oh i see, well they said it's not a must to play the previous Bioshock games. I haven't played it yet so can't say much about it.

Glad they said that. Thanks for the response.

Haven't played Infinite yet, but I doubt it, especially because you've finished the first one. I really enjoyed Bioshock 2, but it felt like something of a retread. I don't think you'll be missing anything in Infinite by not playing Bio2. I'd definitely recommend playing it at some point though, if you enjoyed the first one.

I liked the first one, but I'm kind tired of Rapture, that's why I intend to skip Bioshock 2. But someday I'll play it for sure.

Edit:

I haven't played Infinite but I doubt it. If there are any references they'll probably be to Bioshock 1.

That'd be perfect for me!

li bur

Anybody get their hands on the ps3 version? I'd like to ask about the Bioshock 1 included in the US version, is it some kind of download code or the copy of the game included in the BD?

Raxus

I've had problems with them before. They need to get their shit together.

People who ordered the game yesterday got their key immediately, but those who ordered weeks, or even months ago, haven't got them yet. It's bullshit.

It always happens with popular games. I went to GMG for Borderlands 2 right before it came out and got my key within 24 hours while people that reserved months in advance had to wait 2-3 days. Great deals, s***ty service.

So Amazon seems like it's the best choice now right? I mean, you can end up getting the season pass. Have they said what the season pass...is actually for though?

solarus

Who gives a shit? Signature begs always come off as creepy.
There is nothing wrong with wanting a signature for something you are a fan about, never seen anyone call that creepy before. Say you want your favourite album signed by the artist, I doubt any of you would complain about that.
EDIT: lol why'd you feel the need to edit in ulterior motive to justify your post.

Deadbeat

Banned
Holy shit what is wrong with you people? You guys are first slobbering all over him now spewing venom because hes not signing a videogame?

solarus

Holy shit what is wrong with you people? You guys are first slobbering all over him now spewing venom because hes not signing a videogame?
I've never done either, I just found you strangely hostile about people wanting a signature for something they are a fan of.

I don't get why people use GMG. It seems like every pre-release OT I'm in people are complaining about them and wondering where their keys are. It really doesn't make sense considering other retailers are essentially offering the same deal.

The good deals. Every time I've ordered from GMG, I've gotten a Steam key at least a few days before release. Hopefully that continues, and I'm just complaining too early.

Who gives a shit? Signature begs always come off as creepy/ulterior motive.
A lot of artists/bands have signing release parties when their new album is released. Some signed baseballs/baseball cards are worth a ton as well. There's nothing wrong with asking for one. (´・ω・`)

thuway

Trying to find out if any one has commented on this: how different is the PC version from the console ports? Aside from the standard stuff, is the PC version leaps and bounds superior?

Trying to find out if any one has commented on this: how different is the PC version from the console ports? Aside from the standard stuff, is the PC version leaps and bounds superior?

Sounds it. Seems to be a lot of framerate problems and screen tearing going on the consoles.

bumclot

I don't think anyone is sure yet as there is no way to get the PC version early. Graphics are better, but that's probably what you mean by "standard stuff." I believe there are some benefits from kb/m, like using the number keys for vigors instead of accessing the radial wheel as you'd have to do on a controller, which pauses the game.

I guess I should have qualified, anyone here. Thanks for the article. Some really interesting and encouraging stuff in there.

jrcbandit

I don't get why people use GMG. It seems like every pre-release OT I'm in people are complaining about them and wondering where their keys are. It really doesn't make sense considering other retailers are essentially offering the same deal.

Because it is incredibly rare for other retailers to match or even come close to their deals. Bioshock Infinite is one of the few exceptions to actually have decent deals at multiple retailers. Also, I have rarely had an issue getting keys before release date and I have pre-ordered a ton of games from them - the only title I had to wait for release date was Sleeping Dogs and it was due to the publisher not giving GMG keys until release date for some reason.

Also, I don't get why people get freaked out over slight delays in keys unless it is significantly delayed until release date. You wont be able to play the game early and what does it matter if you preload on say Friday instead of Sunday. I would only be upset if they key was delayed until Monday afternoon and the game unlocks at midnight. I have no idea when Bioshock unlocks though.

Because it is incredibly rare for other retailers to match or even come close to their deals. Bioshock Infinite is one of the few exceptions to actually have decent deals at multiple retailers. Also, I have rarely had an issue getting keys before release date and I have pre-ordered a ton of games from them - the only title I had to wait for release date was Sleeping Dogs and it was due to the publisher not giving GMG keys until release date for some reason.

Also, I don't get why people get freaked out over slight delays in keys unless it is significantly delayed until release date. You wont be able to play the game early and what does it matter if you preload on say Friday instead of Sunday. I would only be upset if they key was delayed until Monday afternoon and the game unlocks at midnight. I have no idea when Bioshock unlocks though.

11pm Monday here in the UK but at 12pm if we use Aussie VPN.

Gav47

Where is this game out first on Steam? I remember being able to download the HD texture pack for Sleeping Dogs before it was available here in Europe by buying it on the US version of the steam website. I wonder if this will be possible with Infinite.

bumclot

jrcbandit said:

What you say makes sense, but the HYPE! It makes me want the key now, now, now!

Zeliard

Will I be able to preorder Civ V: A Brave New World with the credit?

That's what I intended to use it on (haven't bought it through Amazon yet but I'm heavily leaning towards that).

It says we have until 3/26/2014 to use the credit, and it should work on any 2K-published game.

Top Bottom