• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

not sure if I should play the game on Hard at first and leave 1999 mode for a second playthrough or just go full on 1999 at first.

Im not sure if i'd want to replay it right away but not leaving any incentive to do so might also not be a good idea

decisions decisions

I've pretty much decided Hard for my first time through and 1999 mode for my second. I'm going to relax and enjoy the experience while facing some moderate difficulty. Learn the ropes so to speak. Then on the second playthrough really focus on the gameplay.

You get the key mailed to you in time for the release, so yes.

Just print-screen or MSI Afterburner.

Print Screen?

Or are you referring to something else?

Ah, as simple as that, yea i was just wondering how ppl were posting pics of the Bioshock Infinite performance websites

mPJFpiw.png

Decent performance for me, here's hoping we don't run into the technical issues Tomb Raider had with Nvidia cards at launch

Derrick01

Banned
not sure if I should play the game on Hard at first and leave 1999 mode for a second playthrough or just go full on 1999 at first.

Im not sure if i'd want to replay it right away but not leaving any incentive to do so might also not be a good idea

decisions decisions

I'm doing a hard run first and then maybe 1999 mode later when I feel like replaying it.

Jb

Man, so awesome to read so much positive feedback from gaffers. I really hope this is as good as it's been heralded, and gets the commercial success it deserves. I want Irrational to keep making these crazy ambitious games for at least a little while longer.

That's my experience. I've played both versions back to back today, and the PS3 version tears more frequently. I've only seen the 360 version tear in heavily populated areas, and only then when I was spinning the camera around super fast. The 360 version drops frames instead, which means the PS3 version can feel a little more consistent. Tearing tends to be in the top 25% of the screen, occasionally appearing 50% of the way down.

That said, the PS3 version is slightly more crisp, I assume due to more aggressive AA on the 360 version. It's not a Tomb Raider level of difference though, and I only noticed when I switched my receiver between back and forth between the two consoles.
So which one is better.

decisions decisions
You need to finish the game first before unlocking 1999 mode.

Yes. No tonics in this game. There's gear which does the same thing, but it's not upgradeable (as yet), just have to choose between different pieces of gear for each body part.
There are tonics.

Xater

So I have been playing the PS3 version all day. Impression time:

- If you unlock the framerate it tears like a motherfucker, but you really don#t want to play with the terrible framerate you get if you activate VSYNC.

- Felt very liner in the beginning got better near I guess the middle of the game. Still linear overall

- I think the powers are disappointing. A lot of stuff we have seen before and I really only use 3 because the others I feel are not that useful.

- The story is kind of convoluted.

- It is very fun to play and really enjoyable but I kind of have the feeling that it isn't as evolutionary as it could have been.

StuBurns

Banned

- If you unlock the framerate it tears like a motherfucker, but you really don#t want to play with the terrible framerate you get if you activate VSYNC.
Cool to see that feature remain, sad to see the apparent results of course, but still.

solarus

- Felt very liner in the beginning got better near I guess the middle of the game. Still linear overall

- I think the powers are disappointing. A lot of stuff we have seen before and I really only use 3 because the others I feel are not that useful.

- The story is kind of convoluted.

- It is very fun to play and really enjoyable but I kind of have the feeling that it isn't as evolutionary as it could have been.

I'm sure I'm going to end up having the same impressions about the story (although I enjoyed the twist in the original Bioshock) and using only a few powers like in the original Bioshock.

Sorian

Banned
I'm sure I'm going to end up having the same impressions about the story (although I enjoyed the twist in the original Bioshock) and using only a few powers like in the original Bioshock.

I just want to throw birds at people because it's funny.

Devil

Sorry for asking again and again, but there has been no update to the OP. What's the status on the differences between PS3 and Xbox? The gap between console and PC...? Compared to other games..?

Damnit I was afraid of this.

I guess I'll go for the PC version for now and use one of my buddies as a guinea pig to watch if the PS3 version is worth it. too bad Irrational can't get a good console engine going. Do like that they at least give you the option of VSYNC but the proper execution seems left to be desired.

Xater

I really liked the story in Bioshock but it was way easier to follow than what is going on here. It feels all over the place. So many themes and concepts and at this point I feel nothing is really fleshed out. maybe it all males more sense by the end but right now this is how I feel about the story.

you should be lucky. my GF's lappy barely registers...

yup, thank god I upgraded my PC

Same. I had a phenom 955 in it until about 4 months ago and it shouldn't have choked my 670 but it was. Switching to a 3570k allowed my system to really breathe more. No problems with any games now thank God.
Not boasting or anything but it's a good feeling knowing you don't have to worry if your system can run a game well.
How is that a rape joke?

I have no fucking faith in humanity these days....
it's like they lash back at stuff like this so they seem smarter and more moral than they actually are. Ken Levine is the man and he could say he murdered someone and I was still love his fuzzy little face

Top Bottom