• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Twinduct

Sadly I imagine if he said 'Well fucking deal with it, it jokes you dimwits!' it would be some stupid PR disaster. I honestly loath people like that.

Raxus

I think I may have had the game spoiled for me. Feels bad man.

Sorry man. I feel bad for the people who aren't even looking for them and run into them. Voice of Reason got spoiled apparently from the Neogaf facebook page.

Just a warning to everyone else. If you haven't gone on blackout then now is the time!

Sadly I imagine if he said 'Well fucking deal with it, it jokes you dimwits!' it would be some stupid PR disaster. I honestly loath people like that.

He could have also just said nothing. Some people just don't get it.

Hell, those same people will find a way to get offended by his apology.

papercamm

Sorry man. I feel bad for the people who aren't even looking for them and run into them. Voice of Reason got spoiled apparently from the Neogaf facebook page.

Just a warning to everyone else. If you haven't gone on blackout then now is the time!

That's where I saw it.

Yeah, I can't take any of this shit seriously. One of the twitter accounts is called 'Proud Virgin' and if you look at his account, it's clear that he is either a joke character, or a joke of a human being.
Yea i thought it was obvious. Look at the avi's and the names. It's like they are probably from /v/ or something...

Does anybody think greenmangaming's incessant one-upping of Steam is getting a little silly? The page makes a remark about "no need to work hard to unlock offers," when adding XCOM as a bonus is already an obvious response to Steam reaching its third preorder tier. I've certainly gone to check if they matched Steam sales whenever I see something on Steam and even bought from there instead (have to register pretty much everything there on Steam anyway), but the persistence and transparency of the one-upping is starting to bug me.
inb4it'sgoodbusiness

I got spoiled by the FB group, too. I'm not even a member of the group, I was just bored and randomly decided to go there a moment ago! What are the odds?! The worst part is that I successfully avoided everything about this game before release except for the announcement trailer.

Grief.exe

I've kind of been half reading posts before I look at them.

I kind of skim them, if anything about the game even comes up, I skip it.

I've even been skipping posts about Elizabeth or Vigors. Just certain words come up and its automatic skip.

And I have more or less checked myself out of this thread, I've been dropping by from time to time though.

Getting spoiled would be horrible :(

Twinduct

He could have also just said nothing. Some people just don't get it.

Hell, those same people will find a way to get offended by his apology.

True, although I imagine some irate accuser will drum up enough noise for some publication to pick it up on slow news days. Easier for him to say 'soz peeps' now than have 2K having to come out and give some official response.

Basically I expect the worst, since there is really no depths for these scum

Cystm

I think I have posted a total of five times in this thread. I am waiting until I play the game before getting into discussion just to avoid any kind of spoilers.

Miletius

Does anybody think greenmangaming's incessant one-upping of Steam is getting a little silly? The page makes a remark about "no need to work hard to unlock offers," when adding XCOM as a bonus is already an obvious response to Steam reaching its third preorder tier. I've certainly gone to check if they matched Steam sales whenever I see something on Steam and even bought from there instead (have to register pretty much everything there on Steam anyway), but the persistence and transparency of the one-upping is starting to bug me.
inb4it'sgoodbusiness

Everybody is doing it though. GMG, Steam, Amazon, Gamefly are all basically running the same promotion or variation of promos. It's kind of a clusterf**k to be honest. Checking my mail this morning seems like I accidentally got $45 2K games credit from Amazon instead of $30 credit like I should have. Seems like a lot of people are having that issue, but it's kind of random based on when you ordered. I can see people getting upset about it.

Cronen

I preordered from Steam in January and I don't think I ever got an Industrial Revolution code. Is there any way for me to get another code or play without one?

I preordered on Steam this week and when going on to, and logging in to the Industrial Revolution website it says that if you preordered on Steam to follow a link to gain access to the flash game!

True, although I imagine some irate accuser will drum up enough noise for some publication to pick it up on slow news days. Easier for him to say 'soz peeps' now than have 2K having to come out and give some official response.

Basically I expect the worst, since there is really no depths for these scum

Hah! Let them, then. Like others have said, they were probably joking anyway, but I don't think 2k or Levine need concern themselves with them being offended.

I hear what you're saying, though. They are a business. I just don't think they should give in in the hopes of making money.

I really hope my Premium Edition from Amazon ends up showing up on Tuesday. Not fair that I don't get release date delivery even though I'm paying more. :(

I got spoiled by the FB group, too. I'm not even a member of the group, I was just bored and randomly decided to go there a moment ago! What are the odds?! The worst part is that I successfully avoided everything about this game before release except for the announcement trailer.

Sent it to me so I can sent it Dax

inb4it'sgoodbusiness

Steam has been the last place I go to buy games for ages. They (or the publishers) always use it to price gouge us NZ customers. Why they don't do it with other DD services I don't know, but BioShock Infinite for example is US$80 on Steam, but only US$50 on GMG, plus they throw more free games at you.

Curufinwe

Just saw Shawn Elliott promoting the game on Electric Playground Weekly, and it was an impressive little showcase. I don't really like playing first person shooters on the consoles, so I hope I can avoid spoilers until I get a new PC to play it on.

antitrop

Just saw Shawn Elliott promoting the game on Electric Playground Weekly, and it was an impressive little showcase. I don't really like playing first person shooters on the consoles, so I hope I can avoid spoilers until I get a new PC to play it on.

We're all here desperately hoping we can avoid them by Tuesday... Good luck with that one.

Xater

Alright, finished the game. I'll stick with my perspective on the story. It made sense in the end but it's still way to convoluted for what it really is.

Sblargh

Banned
I guess the time for a spoiler thread has come since people are finishing the game before GMG send me a key to preload.

Off with you people, shoo shoo. Get out.

Zeliard

The good ending, for those wondering...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YIaXYrCGys

ibhAzBATfss6TH.gif

Stark

Banned
Alright, finished the game. I'll stick with my perspective on the story. It made sense in the end but it's still way to convoluted for what it really is.

I'll probably enjoy the story a lot then. Good. Even though I probably won't feel its convoluted :p

Top Bottom