• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

Have the audio issues in Bioshock 2 PC been fixed? I remember having a lot of problems with that in the original game, and I was hoping it would be fixed for this version.

I just got that freeze that happens when you pause the game(PS4). Lost probably 30 minutes of play time and I'm back to the very beginning of the game.

Nice.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I just got that freeze that happens when you pause the game(PS4). Lost probably 30 minutes of play time and I'm back to the very beginning of the game.

Nice.

Pause or access PS4 Menu?

Pause or access PS4 Menu?

Pause. I didn't exit the game to the XMB. I left it on pause for about 10 minutes, came back and it was frozen. Had to close the app. Entered the game again only to find out I hadn't hit a save point in that 30 minutes of play, as I was still going through the Welcome opening.

first pic like the way it looks on ps4

CsNoB-IUEAA2vul.jpg:orig

Tainted

This physics aren't framelocked to 30 FPS so ragdolls and environment items that get tossed around don't look janky as fuck anymore at 60+ fps.

Fair enough...I can't say I noticed this at all when I played through it last on PC (Bioshock 1)

I'm struggling to see any major differences between the originals and remastered on PC based on the screenshots I've seen...and obviously, they've always ran at 60fps+ there

Nice they are giving them to us for free though

Fair enough...I can't say I noticed this at all when I played through it last on PC (Bioshock 1)

You should check out a comparison video of the 60fps physics patch someone did for bioshock on PC. It sounds silly and trivial but it makes an enormous difference in the game. I'm soooo glad the remasters have that upgrade though it would be a really glaring omission if they didn't.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When will PC players get their upgrade? I don't see anything yet in my library.

2K isn't adding the new apps to packages until release day for some bizarre reason (none of the public subs have a release state override, so adding the apps now wouldn't make them playable).

leng jai

I've noticed that some people REALLY hate it. I haven't played it myself yet, but it's made me more excited to.

People really hate the story compared to the base games. To be honest the whole thing doesn't make much sense to me so I don't pay much attention in the first place. Burial at Sea was amazing to actually play.

I'm struggling to see any major differences between the originals and remastered on PC based on the screenshots I've seen...and obviously, they've always ran at 60fps+ there

Nice they are giving them to us for free though

I thought I'd read that they had tweaked the control schemes to modernize them a bit? Not a huge deal I guess.

Toa TAK

Banned
Is this a joke?

Burial at Sea is fantastic.
BaS is fun to play and it's cool being Elizabeth, but the retcons were something I could've done without, though I appreciate what Levine was doing with it all.
BS1 looks very very good, especially as I playrd these only on the 360.

Started on Survivor, what could possibly go wrong.
Same! We didn't have Survivor mode on the 360 so I'm doing that as well with no Vita Chambers. BioShock has never been a hard game so it doesn't seem any worse than Hard Mode.
Anyone watched the Ken Levine interview yet?
Yeah, I picked up the first reel in Welcome to Rapture.

Geoff is bringing it again, and the segments are pretty lengthy. It's great they decided to do these.

E92 M3

Yep, I'll still put the first 5 minutes of BioShock up against any game's opening ever.

There's a decent amount of aliasing but everything else looks incredible. Especially if you're coming from the previous console versions.

I have always said that Bioshock has one of the best openings ever. It filled the player with hope to only take it away when the pod landed.

I loved it.

Is this a joke?

Burial at Sea is fantastic.

I enjoyed my time with it gameplay wise, but hated the plot choices. The retcons were eh,
and I was pretty disgusted by the DLC's treatment of Elizabeth. Levine had no qualms about stuffing Liz right into the ol' Women in Refrigerators trope. It was even more ludicrous that none of it needed to happen in the first place, as the original Bioshock was self-contained without Liz's bullshit self-sacrifice plot. Sigh. Rant for another thread, really!
It was treat to return to Rapture outside of the DLC's plot, though, so, urrgh. Conflicted.

DOWN

Banned
Is the opening still there?

This one from the original 360 release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBV4juasvxk

Please, its important for me to know
That isn't the opening in the 360 version or the Remaster. That was a trailer for the game that plays when you wait on the main menu for a minute. The game opening includes that monologue in it but was always a different, longer ingame version of that trailer. I have not tested to see if that trailer still plays on the menu.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes for Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2 you need to have the original game as well as the Minerva's Den DLC in your Steam library. Infinite gets no upgrade for PC.

To receive BioShock 2 Redux, you only need BioShock 2 itself. Minerva's Den is being handled separately (but will presumably be DLC for Bio2 Redux rather than a separate library entry):

What gets upgraded on PC?
BioShock ➜ BioShock remastered including the unlockable video series, Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock
BioShock 2 ➜ BioShock 2 remastered
BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den ➜ BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den remastered

The was a bit of confusion after the initial announcement as Minerva's Den Redux was listed as a feature of BioShock 2 Redux, which lead some (myself included) to assume -- erroneously, as it has turned out -- that it would be given to all owners of BioShock 2.

Catvoca

Banned
Does anyone know if this is all one download file on PSN or can you choose to download just one game? 60 gigs is a lot on my internet, and a lot of space on my 500 gig ps4.

Top Bottom