• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know if this is all one download file on PSN or can you choose to download just one game? 60 gigs is a lot on my internet, and a lot of space on my 500 gig ps4.

Someone was bemoaning his pre-load speed a day or two ago and mentioned that Bio1 and 2 are bundled together but Infinite is a separate download.

Edit:
1. It's weird that BioShock and BioShock 2 are together but that Infinite is by itself.

2. They also have extremely ugly/generic art on the dashboard. It's an extremely small thing but it seems like a weird choice.

3. My DL speeds have been glacial for this pre-load. I've never had a download this slow on PSN ever. Anyone else having really bad speeds? Edit: Just checked, and it nearly finished just in rest mode. It was glacial even in rest mode last night.

Does anyone know if this is all one download file on PSN or can you choose to download just one game? 60 gigs is a lot on my internet, and a lot of space on my 500 gig ps4.
It is two downloads.Bioshock 1 and 2 as one download and infinite as another. Both are around 30 gigs.

Scrawnton

Stupid question that has probably been answered already. Are each games sold individually on the Xbox digital store? I don't want to spend $60 up front for three games. Would rather just buy the first one for $20 right now.

JaseC

Stupid question that has probably been answered already. Are each games sold individually on the Xbox digital store? I don't want to spend $60 up front for three games. Would rather just buy the first one for $20 right now.

They're not sold individually on either PSN or XBL. It's the BioShock Collection, after all, although Steam may end up being different as 2K can easily set up separate packages itself and doesn't need to worry about carrying each separate title through a certification process.

Scrawnton

They're not sold individually on either PSN or XBL. It's the BioShock Collection, after all, although Steam may end up being different as 2K can easily set up separate packages itself and doesn't need to worry carrying each separate title through a certification process.

I understand it's a collection, but I really wish developers would start breaking the digital downloads apart..

Nere

Good that they are releasing a remastered version for the original Bioshock on PC because anyone who has played that version knows that it has severe compatibility issues with modern OS. Tried to replay it last christmas and it was a nightmare.

Gator86

I enjoyed my time with it gameplay wise, but hated the plot choices. The retcons were eh,
and I was pretty disgusted by the DLC's treatment of Elizabeth. Levine had no qualms about stuffing Liz right into the ol' Women in Refrigerators trope. It was even more ludicrous that none of it needed to happen in the first place, as the original Bioshock was self-contained without Liz's bullshit self-sacrifice plot. Sigh. Rant for another thread, really!
It was treat to return to Rapture outside of the DLC's plot, though, so, urrgh. Conflicted.

Agreed. It was really fun, but the plot, writing, and characterization was a complete abomination that managed to shit on all three games. I don't know what they were thinking. It has all the worst elements of lazy prequel writing.
Everything was related the whole time!

the remasters will appear as separate entries in your library and as such won't overwrite the originals.

They've been very adamant about this. My question is why take this approach and not just replace the originals? I guess I kind of get it for Bioshock 2 because this remaster doesn't include the multiplayer mode, but why not replace Bioshock 1? Also, sorry if this has been answered but does this remaster of Bioshock 1 include the challenge rooms from the PS3 version?

They've been very adamant about this. My question is why take this approach and not just replace the originals? I guess I kind of get it for Bioshock 2 because this remaster doesn't include the multiplayer mode, but why not replace Bioshock 1? Also, sorry if this has been answered but does this remaster of Bioshock 1 include the challenge rooms from the PS3 version?

Yes

Challenge room
Museum
Survivor difficulty are all included in this version

Clockwork

I'm a little angry that the PC versions of 1 and 2 don't come out until the 15th.

What's up with that? (I already own the originals on Steam but am curious if there is real improvement)

FrsDvl

I'm a little angry that the PC versions of 1 and 2 don't come out until the 15th.

What's up with that? (I already own the originals on Steam but am curious if there is real improvement)

what. damnit. i was all excited getting home and doing another play through of Bioshock 1. :(

Lister

Banned

It's 2 days dude, and unlike on consoles where you have to pay, it's free.

It sucks a little bit, but no reason to be upset, this is still a fantastic gesture to PC gamers.

chidrock

just wait for the digital foundry comparison (which should be up early next week, maybe sooner). you dont need to buy the game on launch day.

That would involve patience lol...I've been waiting for these since the rumors about them first started popping up. This series is one of my favorites and I'm weak.

DOWN

Banned
All sorts of reasons. For reference sake so creators and fans can see the originals and compare, or if there's ever something they changed people miss, or if people have a problem running the new one on a certain computer they're using at a given play session. Whatever, no reason to kill the original

Real Hero

Because replacing the original would be horrible. There's no reason to do it other than piss people off.

S1kkZ

I don't think there's going to be any advantage of one over another, it's an old game after all.

running in 1080p, 60 frames with brand new assets and textures. there will be differences. if you care about that stuff, its wise to wait for the df/nx gamer comparisons.
the early impression from digital foundrys gameplay session in late agust werent exactly glowing (stuttering, framedrops, slowdown).

JaseC

Well, they didn't. In fact, the console versions had the issue as well as of DF's test last month.

UE3 is simply awful at streaming data. There truly is no way around the associated stuttering short of telling the engine to not stream data, which, at least in the case of BioInf, breaks scripted events that haven't yet been loaded and impedes progress.

angelic

Banned
FOV options in any of the games? Because Bio 1 had a wide FOV patched in, 2 had it promised but it never came, infinite didnt.

So whats on console, surely Bio 1 at least?

Does the original Bioshock have any weird glitches or exploits that I'm not aware of? The game is pretty easy as is, but I'm always curious about ways people "cheat" in modern games.

Gator86

running in 1080p, 60 frames with brand new assets and textures. there will be differences. if you care about that stuff, its wise to wait for the df/nx gamer comparisons.
the early impression from digital foundrys gameplay session in late agust werent exactly glowing (stuttering, framedrops, slowdown).

Gross. The wait for the DF breakdown continues then.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Thanks, but that compares PS3 to the PS4; I'm trying to pick between the PS4 and XB1.
Go with controller preference.
Or if you have any nostalgia for playing it on a specific platform, I'm getting it on Xbox first because of that and second because of the controller. It was Christmas Day 2007 when I unwrapped my first Xbox 360 with Bioshock and the atmosphere in Rapture with the music fit perfectly with the holiday spirit, snowing outside, carols playing in the background, egg nog and fresh pastry for breakfast.
I couldn't play the PC version even though I'll get the upgrades for free.

Top Bottom