• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

Rizific

I'm envious of anyone who is playing Minerva's Den for the first time. What I wouldn't give to experience that fresh with no recollection of it
I haven't played any of the dlcs but have some questions. Is the dlc accessible in-game? As in, do I need to go to a specific area to start it? Or can I select it in the menu and start that way? I have 1&2 on steam but no dlc, is the dlc purchasable separately?

I haven't played any of the dlcs but have some questions. Is the dlc accessible in-game? As in, do I need to go to a specific area to start it? Or can I select it in the menu and start that way? I have 1&2 on steam but no dlc, is the dlc purchasable separately?
You can select it from the main menu, no need to play anything else first. It's a seperate experience from Bioshock 2 proper :)

DOWN

Banned
Both Minerva's Den and the Burial at Sea DLC are accessed as standalone stories you select on the main menu of their respective base games

Yep, I'll still put the first 5 minutes of BioShock up against any game's opening ever.

There's a decent amount of aliasing but everything else looks incredible. Especially if you're coming from the previous console versions.

Traxtech

Please please please, people who haven't played Minervas Den and Burial At Sea(after you've finished all the games for this one), please play them when you can.

Also, don't play Minerva's Den before Bioshock 2. Because i can almost guarantee you won't enjoy the main game as much if you did.

Please please please, people who haven't played Minervas Den and Burial At Sea(after you've finished all the games for this one), please play them when you can.

Also, don't play Minerva's Den before Bioshock 2. Because i can almost guarantee you won't enjoy the main game as much if you did.
This is the truth.

Jombie

I have to wait until tomorrow evening, but can't wait to get my hands on it. I've been waiting a long time for a remaster of 1, and it will be great to play the PC version of Infinite (some of the texturing is awful on 360).

Slixshot

Banned
Yep, I'll still put the first 5 minutes of BioShock up against any game's opening ever.

There's a decent amount of aliasing but everything else looks incredible. Especially if you're coming from the previous console versions.

The Last of Us prior to the title drop. :) Agreed though, Bioshock is simply amazing. Infinite is as well! Made me feel like I was in The Wizard of Oz or something.

Fuck it, bought it on impulse through psn even though i could get it for 15 dollars cheaper in best buy, or when it eventually becomes discounted. The thought of playing them in 1080p and 60fps was too much to pass.

Toa TAK

Banned
We we're off to a great start on the Xbox One. >_>

Achievements being unavailable is one thing, but asking for saves data that doesn't exist is another.

soooo. Its completely broken on xbox one? I saw someone mention an issue with saves on the previous page, so I looked on reddit. Several more people cant start the game. I am installing it still...now I feel like i should of bought dead rising

DOWN

Banned
The Last of Us prior to the title drop. :) Agreed though, Bioshock is simply amazing. Infinite is as well! Made me feel like I was in The Wizard of Oz or something.
TLOU is great but I say BioShock beats it by being far more original in its premise, setting, art, script, etc. BioShock is incredibly different than most works that came before it in the medium. It feels so atmospheric and the period art is amazing. We knew what to expect in TLOU setting.

TLOU intro is one of the best of all-time but how quickly BioShock puts you in everything and how much of an immediate impact it makes for you to me sets it apart. It still is just as effective.

Once you 'know' about BioShock and then replay it the foreshadowing is sprinkled everywhere and makes it just as enjoyable.

Toa TAK

Banned
^^I'll likely do the same. :(
soooo. Its completely broken on xbox one? I saw someone mention an issue with saves on the previous page, so I looked on reddit. Several more people cant start the game. I am installing it still...now I feel like i should of bought dead rising
Going offline is an option.

xenist

Bummer. I need some proof of purchase because I got Bioshock on retail. Like anyone would keep a receipt for nine years. That's what I basically wanted to play again the most.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So are these the definitive version of 1 and 2 on PS4?
Or is it sorta half-assed, or totally half assed like Prince of Persia.

aravuus

I was planning on skipping Minerva's Den since the description made it sound like it has nothing to do with the BS2 main story, but you've convinced me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
How do I get this on Steam? I'm guessing it's not out yet. I already own all the games and want to see how the original looks.

Excited to see reactions from newcomers. One of my favorite series.

edit: I'm dumb. Apparently PC is the 15th. RIP

Marceles

So jealous of anyone playing either of these for the first time.

Not my first time playing either of them, but the only one I have finished is Infinite. I triple dipped 1 (360, PS3, PC) and double dipped 2 (PS3, PC). I don't know why I couldn't stay attentive to the earlier games.

zerotol

Banned
Yeah, it asked for save data and achievements don't seem to be working. Played a few minutes and it looks pretty good to me.

EDIT: achievements are working now

Tainted

I'm struggling to see any major differences between the originals and remastered on PC based on the screenshots I've seen...and obviously, they've always ran at 60fps+ there

Nice they are giving them to us for free though

TitusTroy

No.
Essentially only things one already owns get upgraded for for free (which are Bio1, Bio2, and Minerva's Den, as there are no changes to BioInf)

but since they're not re-releasing Infinite on PC I was thinking that anybody who owned the base game would maybe automatically just receive all the DLC as well

Karak

I'm struggling to see any major differences between the originals and remastered on PC based on the screenshots I've seen...and obviously, they've always ran at 60fps+ there

Ya agreed

Fisty

Argh already got my first freeze. Went to the XMB or whatever you call it and came back now the game won't unpause. On PS4

The behind the scenes movie reels are actually well hidden and not highlighted which is a bit of a bummer. I stumbled on the first one inadvertently
on the stage behind where the first Little Sister/Big Daddy appear

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Playing on PS4. Smooth as can be, the visual upgrades are very noticeable.

I have an unopened copy sitting here, trying to decide what to do.

60fps and decent AA for 1 and 2 will probably have me open it.
I'd be a bit more lenient for 3, but i'd still expect a decent port.

TheYanger

So I've beaten all three games + all DLC on PS3 and waiting for this baby to unlock.

As far as "canon" goes (yes I know, time-travel lol), should I play Burial at Sea 1&2 then start Bio1, then Infinite, then 2? Would that be the "correct" order?

I mean, obviously the correct order is release, but since you've played it I assume you mean chronologically? that'd be Infinite, BaS, Bio1, Bio2.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

This physics aren't framelocked to 30 FPS so ragdolls and environment items that get tossed around don't look janky as fuck anymore at 60+ fps.

Game still creeps the ever living fuck out of me and I've played through it so many times. Did the Welcome. That's enough for tonight.

BadHand

I tried to watch a stream on PS4, but there seems to be some sort of block on streaming the game. Every single stream is just a blue screen.

Top Bottom