• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

Chariot

Sent you all friend requests. Again if you haven't already be sure to talk to this guy in Bamboo Village to join the Crimson Legion faction so I can invite you to the clan:
Brr, you're lvl 40 already :bowbow

Tempted to jump in after reading impressions. Had fun with the TW version.

No Warlock at the moment right? (Can't read the OP on my phone)
No Warlock.

Ultimadrago

Alright gang, coming on. Going to add the people who posted and start jumping in to help.

Random Special Note: DON'T SELL YOUR HONGMOON WEAPON. We will teach you how to breakthrough and upgrade them, if need be.

Masmajora

Can I get an invite to the GAF clan? It's the same name as my GAF account.

Been playing the game a bit and i'm enjoying it so far.

Astra

Random Special Note: DON'T SELL YOUR HONGMOON WEAPON. We will teach you how to breakthrough and upgrade them, if need be.

Oh yeah, I heard the early weapon remains relevant through the entire game. It also changes in appearance as well, doesn't it?

Oh yeah, I heard the early weapon remains relevant through the entire game. It also changes in appearance as well, doesn't it?

It looks like you can customize the appearance by using other weapons. So if you see a really cool sword or axe, but the stats are bleah, you can still get the look but keep the strength of your main weapon.

You'll want to hang onto some blue weapons though, as they're required for breakthroughs. I stupidly burned through mine on crafting so now I have to wait until I stumble over another.

Astra

It looks like you can customize the appearance by using other weapons.

You'll want to hang onto some blue weapons though, as they're required for breakthroughs. I stupidly burned through mine on crafting so now I have to wait until I stumble over another.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to hang on to them. I know all too well the feeling of discarding something important.

Are we able to use the wardrobe in the beta? There's tons of outfits in there, but I've no idea how to equip them, if we can.

K.Sabot

I'm worried that my wife is not going to like this more action style MMO.

It might be too quick for her :(

Apparently there isn't too much in terms of high skill aiming like in Dragon Nest / Vindictus, seems more based on mind games, baiting moves, and spacing than raw execution.

mcz117chief

Hi, guys. I am interested enough in this game to consider buying the founder's pack but I would like a few questions answered if you don't mind.

1) Is this a TAB targeting game after which you just press numbers on your keyboard to do attacks or is it more action oriented like Bayonetta or Dark Souls?

2) Is the game instanced or open world?

3) Do enemies respawn on the map?

4) Is the game story driven or is it just a grind fest for better equipment?

Hi, guys. I am interested enough in this game to consider buying the founder's pack but I would like a few questions answered if you don't mind.

1) Is this a TAB targeting game after which you just press numbers on your keyboard to do attacks or is it more action oriented like Bayonetta or Dark Souls?

1. You target with your mouse. You use LMB, RMB, Tab, 1,2,3,4, F, Z,X,C, and V for skills. What those skills are depends on the context of both your current and the target's status.

2. Both? There's an open world you do some questing in, but often you delve into mini-dungeons solo or grouped. There are also normal 6-man dungeons. And for some story content you go into your own instance (such as entering a building).

3. In the open world, yes.

4. There's a story, yes... but you can just grind if you want.

raven777

1) Not tab targeting. More action based.

2) open fields with instanced dungeons

3) yes

4) It has story but also a grind fest

ShinMaruku

So it is like Skyforge?

How does this game compare to Final Fantasy XIV? Is it better?

It's kinda like sky forge but a bit more action based. Compared to FF14? It plays completely differently with it's battle system, you move around differently. I like it better than FF14 because I hate hotkey traditional MMOs.

mcz117chief

It's kinda like sky forge but a bit more action based. Compared to FF14? It plays completely differently with it's battle system, you move around differently. I like it better than FF14 because I hate hotkey traditional MMOs.

Well that is good to hear, I dislike them too, but lately I can't find an mmo that can compare to Vindictus which is the king of action mmos. If this game could surpass it it would be great since I am getting mighty tired of Vindictus.

Nokterian

I also getting tired of the traditional hotkey mmo's..i am still thinking of buying the biggest founder pack i want to invest in a new mmo..hopefully at launch there is enough content and more down the line.

ViciousDS

Banned
Good lord do I hate mumble, but working through it.

I hate vent.....so I guess no one can be happy lol

It's not bad....at least you don't have to setup normalization for audio

also immediately click advanced settings in the options menu

ALSO

You do not need to be connected to a server to perform these steps. Simply launch Mumble, cancel the server browser, then click on Configure » Settings.
On the Mumble Configuration dialog, make sure the check box next to Advanced is checked
Click on Audio Output
Next to Attenuate applications by… adjust the settings as appropriate
If want to adjust how much Mumble will alter the volume of other applications, move the slider (the farther you move the slider to the right, the quieter your other applications will be).
If you want to disable this functionality altogether, make sure both the while other users talk and while you talk checkboxes are unchecked.
Click the OK button

Usobuko

Banned
It only took them a few years...

I was interested maybe a year or two ago. Now it's just no urge for this.

Well, I was interested since 2009 trailer.

I also lost interest and it looks a bit dated now but I would have a lot of ' what ifs 'if I skip this without at least trying out.

Ultimadrago

Can I get an invite to the GAF clan? It's the same name as my GAF account.

Been playing the game a bit and i'm enjoying it so far.

Going to add you and friend you now.

Yes, it does.

quote for mumble info

at work....but have access to the CP so let me know if you have any issues

I'm in...I think. lol. My first time using a VOIP!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone online that can invite? my characters are Vexxys, Alandria, Junlyn and Roxxana

edit: dat 75min queue ;_; is the premium thing you guys are giving per character or account?

edit: queue is actually going UP and not down...whut

ViciousDS

Banned
anyone online that can invite? my characters are Vexxys, Alandria, Junlyn and Roxxana

edit: dat 75min queue ;_; is the premium thing you guys are giving per character or account?

edit: queue is actually going UP and not down...whut

Stopped at my grandmas for her birthday real quick but damn.....I have t even downloaded the main client yet.....fuck, I'm going to be waiting 3 hours to get in tonight lol

Estimated waiting time: 68 minutes... Maybe I should go out for dinner and get back in 1 hour lol

Edit: it changed to 200+ lol, guess I will give up and try out other server

Ultimadrago

Does the founder pack helps with these long waiting time I am seeing here?

I'm seeing that premium membership does. If one of you guys can make it online for Mushin, I'll gladly gift it. However, I also have seen one story where apparently it does not help. Dunno. I've seen it work for more than not.

Top Bottom