• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Can this shitstain die already?.
I knew the story trying to make us feel bad for Lusung by visiting his hometown was going to be further null and void.

So where does one get more Moonwater Transformation stones?

The only source for them is crafting, so you either craft them yourself or you buy them. Crafting them takes a massive investment though since you have to make 10 at a time, and the mats price is roughly 5.5-6g. You can buy them for 6.5g instead.

The only source for them is crafting, so you either craft them yourself or you buy them. Crafting them takes a massive investment though since you have to make 10 at a time, and the mats price is roughly 5.5-6g. You can buy them for 6.5g instead.

Tomorrow I'm making 10. Wish me luck,

I just have to do faction runs for like 15 more soulstones and buy the liquid crap.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think it's safe to say this game has some of the worst world pvp in an mmo :p

Well at the least locking items that are good gear behind it is the worst ive seen :p

docbon

yeah, faction pvp is giga trash.

game definitely feels like it was built for 1v1s.

and yet everything related to progression is stuck behind it. fukken rip.

Uthred

My biggest issue with the bids is the amount of time it can take. I've gotten used to it and it isn't so bad now that people really only care about stuff off the boss at the end, but it can be annoying.

Yeah this is by far the biggest problem with it, it takes fucking forever in PUGS

Could the Blackram Morrows just give me my Dagger for my Assassin. :(

I've done it like 6 or so times and still nothing.

It kinda sucks, if you don't mind spending a bit of money, you can buy a viridian key to guarantee a drop from it, it's only 80NCoins which is basically 1$. Only useful if you have some spare coins already there though since you need to buy 400 at a minimum, or if it's an alt you can use Hongmoon coins.

You mean the PvP soul shields? I hear those are some of the best you can get right now.

Putting that behind faction PvP is kind of lame.

They're nice because they're easy to get, you just zerg down world bosses for a few hours, but they're not really good per se. They have a ton of health and defensive stats, they're mostly good to PvP so you don't die as fast, but they do a fine job for pve too. Can use the moonwater valor soulshield though for roughly the same effect, just less powerful, until you have your poharan shields, which really only takes a few days, or less if you run poharan several times in a row. Poharan shields are like a lot better for PvE.

Soulstones is currently the thing that's annoying as they're very expensive and the only source is the pvp daillies. Hopefully next patch they add the thing where they also come from arena though, at which point it won't matter nearly as much and the prices will drop a lot too.

Kalentan

It kinda sucks, if you don't mind spending a bit of money, you can buy a viridian key to guarantee a drop from it, it's only 80NCoins which is basically 1$. Only useful if you have some spare coins already there though since you need to buy 400 at a minimum, or if it's an alt you can use Hongmoon coins.

That's what I'm thinking about doing. I guess I will run it one more time, and if I don't get it from the ending loot table. I'll do it.

Cause I do use the dagger to upgrade my Hongmoon weapon right?

Seil

That's what I'm thinking about doing. I guess I will run it one more time, and if I don't get it from the ending loot table. I'll do it.

Yeah, you need the Blight weapon to evolve your Hongmoon.

From the Blackram purple dungeon in the first zone? Yes you need the Blight weapon to upgrade your Hongmoon past level 10. You can get a high level to run through it in 5mins but it's still 5mins and can still take a while.

Kalentan

From the Blackram purple dungeon in the first zone? Yes you need the Blight weapon to upgrade your Hongmoon past level 10. You can get a high level to run through it in 5mins but it's still 5mins and can still take a while.

Yeah, you need the Blight weapon to evolve your Hongmoon.

And if I use the key from the cash shop then I will get said weapon from the chest? Cause it didn't drop. Again.

And I was sooo close to getting my last Soul Shield piece. Guy bidded higher than all the money I had. Damn it.

Vex_

Banned
I think they're amazing. Even if you don't want the item you can drive up prices and get money :D

All MMO should copy this. Either you get the item or get money, it's win-win situation. RNG won't fuck you much.

Wait. You mean to tell me when the auction ends, even if you lose, the amount of money bid in the auction (example:30 silver) gets dispersed to the party?

So 30s for a party of 3 is 10s a piece?

Or

30s for a party of EACH party member (all 3 of them)?

I guess I never paid attention? Wow.

Hubb

Wait. You mean to tell me when the auction ends, even if you lose, the amount of money bid in the auction (example:30 silver) gets dispersed to the party?

Or

30s for a party of 3 would be 15s each for the 2 losers. The winner doesn't get a piece of the money (unless I am mistaken).

Or

Bid money gets split between everyone who didn't win, but only if you stayed on the screen the bidding started on. If you move onto the next floor or leave the dungeon, you get nothing.

This is why dungeon runs take forever if you care about loot/money.

Or

Yes the money gets split between the other people. I got 9g earlier from a Brightstone run where the recipe dropped.

And if I use the key from the cash shop then I will get said weapon from the chest? Cause it didn't drop. Again.

And I was sooo close to getting my last Soul Shield piece. Guy bidded higher than all the money I had. Damn it.

A bit late, but don't waste unsealing charms on soul shields while leveling. They're relatively expensive and the soul shields you'll outlevel quickly anyway, plus you can get good ones for free(like the Viridian one for Viridian stones in Jadestone). It's not a huge deal, it's just kinda wasteful.

And yes the key will always get you your weapon, but you still need a chest to open with it.

ShinMaruku

I have a theory he is playing both sides of the fence and wants the crest for himself and knows the girl is mushin's heir

Do not read this if you don't wanna be spolied but you have a small point.
He IS Mushin and she is his heir and he's gonna use her to seal the demon king in a mortal body to kill him. However part of the demon king is in him.

Why did I roll KFM?

There's some Tenchu tier stuff inbetween 3:00-4:00

They're nice because they're easy to get, you just zerg down world bosses for a few hours, but they're not really good per se. They have a ton of health and defensive stats, they're mostly good to PvP so you don't die as fast, but they do a fine job for pve too. Can use the moonwater valor soulshield though for roughly the same effect, just less powerful, until you have your poharan shields, which really only takes a few days, or less if you run poharan several times in a row. Poharan shields are like a lot better for PvE.

Soulstones is currently the thing that's annoying as they're very expensive and the only source is the pvp daillies. Hopefully next patch they add the thing where they also come from arena though, at which point it won't matter nearly as much and the prices will drop a lot too.

From what I've read all of these issues will be alleviated with the new content. Of course that doesn't really help now, just have to bear with it I guess.

Vex_

Banned
Ok I've come to the conclusion that BM suck. Getting 100 to 0 in 2 secs by assassins. What a frustrating class.

Still pretty early in this game (lv 27 ish now?), but so far my eyes have caught this for a PVP tier list:

+Assassin (God tier. Ridiculous. Feels like you're fighting air sometimes.)
+Kungfu Master (high skill cap tier but can dominate in the right hands tier. You will be afraid to hit them.)
+Summoner/Destroyer(tie for ridiculous skills that carry them tier)
+Force master (Meh, they don't scare me)
+Blade Dancer (annoying, hard to hit due to evasion.)
+Blade Master (trash tier)

PvE:

+Destroyer (support and aoe/dps role and so effective at it. Constant DoT + a high crit amount of crit makes them spin2win. Their grabs/slams make bosses completely immobile for 6 or more seconds. This is a big deal.)
+Kungfu master (this class can solo like hell, but mobs can be a problem to control. Especially if they are strong mobs.)
+Force Master/Assasin (Tie. They can pile on a ton of damage at once. Should have one or two of these guys in every party)
+Blade Dancer (they are at least better than blade master due to evasion and a bit better CC)
+Blade Master (Trash tier)

Like I said, still early on.

30s for a party of 3 would be 15s each for the 2 losers. The winner doesn't get a piece of the money (unless I am mistaken).

Ahh I see thanks guys! And yea that's what I meant. The other 2 people would get 15s OK cool!

Got as far as level 40 but my hands are killing me trying to play this on controller any further, gonna give keyboard a shot. Plus I gotta save the pad for a game where it doesn't hate you for playing on pad (XIV)

Person

Sölf;193788332 said:
Finally reached 45 and finished the story. Tomorrow I finally start with the dailies and the 4 heroics.

Also, is it me or do all sets look better on Gon? Dat outfit.

id prefer the longer leather bit on the profane shroud but otherwise its nice they have variants for races

Person

Only truly shitty people will die.
Jin Seoyeon lives too, she's not the villian
ilsim got totally fucked

besides that (major spoilers)

lusung is a traitor
bumbak is a traitor
namsoyoo is a traitor
that prince who was in the necropolis betrayed his sister
that skyhaven spy traitor
that guy who said the skyhaven spy was a traitor is a traitor
ilsim is a traitor
jinsoyun is maybe a traitor
yura is going to betray jiinsoyun?
i dont even know whats going on with mushin
is there anybody else?!?!?!?

ilsim got totally fucked

besides that (major spoilers)

lusung is a traitor
bumbak is a traitor
namsoyoo is a traitor
that prince who was in the necropolis betrayed his sister
that skyhaven spy traitor
that guy who said the skyhaven spy was a traitor is a traitor
ilsim is a traitor
jinsoyun is maybe a traitor
yura is going to betray jiinsoyun?
i dont even know whats going on with mushin
is there anybody else?!?!?!?

So basically:
Everyone is a traitor...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So basically:
Everyone is a traitor...

Pretty much, my eyes rolled off into space because of the seriously lazy writing. GW2 story was no masterpiece but it was at least serviceable from what I can recall.

Top Bottom