• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So how do I go about getting these misty woods pvp soul shields? Just kill the faction spawn bosses?

client2016-01-3005-07twsj5.png

I met someone of a similar mind as me today.

The best part is the guy named Erogenius just chilling over there looking at you guys lol

Chariot

Fucking finally. Managed to solo Brighstone >_<
From this day on I am not falling in danger of becoming victim to scammers anymore.

Sciel

6c2b629261.jpg

I've been playing this on and off since launch week and its been pretty good gameplay-wise(character is as above!). Not sure if I will play this for a longer duration though since as a MMO i have some serious concerns.

1) Does anyone feel that the community is non-existent? No one talks AT ALL. Whether it be parties, dungeons, etc. No one says a thing. Maybe the occasional "ty pt" at the end of the dungeon. It's like i'm playing a single player rpg sometimes.

2) I know I know, its an MMORPG. Yes, but the content has been the same since level 1-5.

3) They can't seem to stop the gold spammers. They seem to keep coming back no matter what NCsoft does..

Sciel

I've never played an MMO where people talk in dungeon finder groups.

Faction chat is always hoppin'.

I dunno, Maybe i come from FF14 and am spoilt in that regard. But even in the game world (i.e: questing and stuff), People rather seem to like to play alone (my party invites are declined 95% of the time....although we are in the same area killing the same mobs for the same quest..) or don't even say anything in parties (Me: Hi. Then silence till the end)

Quonny

I dunno, Maybe i come from FF14 and am spoilt in that regard. But even in the game world (i.e: questing and stuff), People rather seem to like to play alone (my party invites are declined 95% of the time....although we are in the same area killing the same mobs for the same quest..) or don't even say anything in parties (Me: Hi. Then silence till the end)

Hmm. Are you end game? Because you group for every end game activity. People talk ALL the time while farming insignias. I was in a group yesterday and all we did during down time was talk about anime, videogames, boobs, and even football.

Probably 3+ hours with minimal down time.

Muddimar

The lower level dungeons complete so fast, you have no chance to even talk to people. And it being an action combat game opposed to tab target, doesn't give you many chances to type to your party. I feel like it's a mad rush to the end boss.

Fuz

Banned

This has been my same exact experience.

Chariot

Well you could run with your clan mates. :3c
Good idea actually. When more people hit 45 we could all farm Misty Woods together, slaughtering innocents.

The lower level dungeons complete so fast, you have no chance to even talk to people. And it being an action combat game opposed to tab target, doesn't give you many chances to type to your party. I feel like it's a mad rush to the end boss.
Tomb of Exiles is the most hilarious because you need Infernal Horns in high level again and max level players go in and just run through :D

Sciel

Hmm. Are you end game? Because you group for every end game activity. People talk ALL the time while farming insignias. I was in a group yesterday and all we did during down time was talk about anime, videogames, boobs, and even football.

Probably 3+ hours with minimal down time.
I'm not. I'm only 30+. Well thats what i've observed throughout my leveling experience anyways.

Yeah i understand dungeons are prob too short. I mean everywhere else as well.

Teletraan1

Banned
Just started playing. I played the beta with a controller and was not really liking it. I jumped into this last night and went KB/M and I am enjoying it a lot more this go around. The gold spammers are unbelievable in this game, probably the worst I have ever seen. My chat is scrolling at top speed, it is basically worthless since there is such a high volume of messages that look like 98% gold spammer.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mark my words its the 10th class. Probably would have been the 9th but they needed more time.. I base this on the fact that the 9th class is a really unimaginative fusion of fm & kfm.

Not to mention they said the next class is one people have been anticipating for quite some time.

===================

For those who just recently hit level 45 and have yet to get their moonwater arena soul shield we can set up a party later today to farm it.

cHinzo

Just started playing. I played the beta with a controller and was not really liking it. I jumped into this last night and went KB/M and I am enjoying it a lot more this go around. The gold spammers are unbelievable in this game, probably the worst I have ever seen. My chat is scrolling at top speed, it is basically worthless since there is such a high volume of messages that look like 98% gold spammer.

Meh only 3 or 4 spammers after the update in EU and just gotta right click on their name to report and block them to keep the chat clean. It was worse a week ago. :d Chat looking pretty clean here atm.

Question time guys: can anyone confirm the Secret Agent costume being a droppable costume? Can't find anything on the internet about people actually obtaining one from a drop. Don't wanna waste my time farming for nothing. :p

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wait there still more classes coming out? Excited to see Gun fu. Wondering when we are getting the legendary powers of Kobe as a class.

Originally I would have said Warlock, but since they'll be getting a nerf shortly after their release maybe Soul Fighter?

Chariot

Attention! EU Windrest GAF!

We're going to try and get us all a Moonwater Duel Soulshield. Let's meet at 15:00 UTC in the Crimson Headquarter in the Misty Woods and then together slaughter the cerulian pigs and get their Misty Woods insignias! Down with cereals, long live the crunchies!

Vex_

Banned
The standard "Fullscreen" option is infact "borderless windowed fullscreen" you can change between that, and "real" Fullscreen with alt+enter.

ahhh i see THANKS!

edit: apparently my fps went from 29~34 to 50~60fps when I did that? (borderless window?)

Not to mention they said the next class is one people have been anticipating for quite some time.

===================

For those who just recently hit level 45 and have yet to get their moonwater arena soul shield we can set up a party later today to farm it.

I need this. Can you post something in Discord when you're going? I've been playing on alts so I haven't been in clan chat.

Clans not being account wide really puts a damper on the community aspects.

Me and my friend did the blight weapon run probably like 8 times last night before 1 of us got the weapon we needed, atleast im done with running that for a while.
Also we where doing thing where you put the blackram outfit on and kill the bamboo guards then just out a no where a level 45 just comes and kills us over and over while we whrre trying to farm, like we didnt go attack her or anything. I like the thing if your wear the clan outfit and you attack the other clan but if you doing something PvE and then you can still get attacked it gets annoying.

koolaroo

Me and my friend did the blight weapon run probably like 8 times last night before 1 of us got the weapon we needed, atleast im done with running that for a while.
Also we where doing thing where you put the blackram outfit on and kill the bamboo guards then just out a no where a level 45 just comes and kills us over and over while we whrre trying to farm, like we didnt go attack her or anything. I like the thing if your wear the clan outfit and you attack the other clan but if you doing something PvE and then you can still get attacked it gets annoying.

You can always try to switch channels and that should work assuming they don't follow you.

Regium Corvus achieved.

The outfit looks ridiculous on my summoner so I'm gonna keep wearing Wolfskin. The head ornament looks pretty good though.

Quonny

Dang! I didn't know you could change the camera angle!

Upper left is the best. Lets you see who's attacking and makes it look more like a third person shooter. Feels great.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Spoiled by 14 in terms of social interaction? Nobody seems to talk there either.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Been working on my own reshade preset. Beeen tweaking it last few days. Ill post some screenshots later tonight or tomorrow working silly hours today so not Been able to show it

Top Bottom