• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

ShinMaruku

Finally got it, now I just have to wait for new better costumes to look for.

d4hfb0A.jpg

LAWD!

Hoplatee

9 Brightstone ruins, 4 ninjas. I kid you not. Haha.

It just blows my mind that they can camp at the entrance and still collect it all. It's a nice sign of things to come though.

Quonny

Alright, I've officially gotten all the costumes I want to get and am up to Infernal gear. Now I'm just probably gonna log in for my faction and gold dailies and wait for Mushin Tower.

Is that solo farmable? My incredibly similar looking Gon KFM needs this.

At 45 it is. At the level you get there, it's borderline impossible as KFM I wanna say, the last boss is a beast and will one shot you with moves that don't have warnings, so you need to know the rotation perfectly so you're blocking ahead of time and it takes a while to kill him. Maybe with a PvP spec and perfect stunlock, he doesn't have boss stun resist so you can do like the full 3RF combo, if you're good at it. But at 45, he doesn't one shot you, and more importantly he dies in like 10seconds anyway. Every run is like 10mins though because of all the breaks between the fights, so it's fairly tedious to farm, I did a few runs a day and hoped I'd get lucky, and I guess I kinda did(took 20-25runs to get it). There's a daily there too so you can get a few coppers more for doing it once a day.

Every race besides the Gon get shafted with their costumes. Which is why making classes race restricted is dumb.

I agree, luckily the one class I really like is KFM. I thought I'd like BM more but meh, still I'd have made a Gon BM if I could. They just look better, even not without the costumes. My Jin looks alright too, but I like my KFM better.

Yun have good armor design but I hate how they look and Lyn are in their own category.

Is that solo farmable? My incredibly similar looking Gon KFM needs this.

Yea. I can clear Dreadtide solo on Assassin, but I think any other class can do it because you basically fight minibosses in a row. They don't really have any gimmicks, such just block/parry/evade and you are good.

yaffi

Playing FFXIV really spoiled me on the quality of localization. That's one thing about BnS that's really meh at best.

Looks like Infernal weapons are the way to go when upgrading your Hongmoon weapon.

Took 3-4 to max out my weapon where as if I used the Moonwater Plains stuff that randomly drops it would have taken a ton more to level plus the silver increase is ridiculous (One Infernal weapon costs 50 copper, one crappy Moonwater Plains weapon that barely fills the bar costs almost 4 silver to upgrade).

Ferrio

Banned
How the hell do you deal with an assassin's blind?

Also is it possible to hit them when they're doing their weird evade counter wind up?

Chariot

Also is it possible to hit them when they're doing their weird evade counter wind up?
I think blockbreaker do the trick. Kungfu Master often break through my counter.

And the blind... well, try to turn fast an get the enemy on your cursor, defend and attack him blindly or try to run away. They can only do it every 45 seconds at most. Don't use counters and blocks too early, they probably need time to get to you and if they see you countering, they can easily just user their break.

Depends on the counter thing, but some skills have pierce parry which means they go through, others have cancel defensive, which well cancels it and generally those that cancel also have a punishing effect to it. For example KFM has Triple Kick and BM has Boot, both of which will cancel and stun if used when the target is using a defensive skill. But iirc classes like FM don't actually have anything that goes through and cancel, so they rely on rooting them and getting behind and stuff like that. It's much harder to get behind an assassin than the other classes though.

Person

i just completed the story

or at least completed it to as far as this version takes me

uuuuhhhhhhh whaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt

im guessing the purification jar and road to darkness is incompletable

ShinMaruku

The story concludes at level 50.

You ain't even at the good part yet. :E

And I thought in FFXIV your character got fucked over. That's nothing compared to this shit.

arimanius

So I got my BM up to 25 and I'm not seeing why anyone would play this instead of a KFM or assassin. Do they not come into there own until end game?

edit* a blade dancer seems to be 100% better at this level.

The main issue is all the griefing surrounding the system. People bidding up large amounts to try to catch other people unaware, people just bidding up stuff that they don't want just so they get more money out of it(which is fair, to an extent, it just sucks when it's being done too much), the fact there's no penalty to either of these because you can leave the instance to cancel your bids. And then obviously the stupid matchmaking leader option, like how you can change loot rules.

It could also start faster to be honest, it takes a long time to progress if people don't bid like 1silver or 10silvers depending on what the item is. Like if you go 1copper at a time until the first silver it takes forever. But that's a minor issue, I tend to just put a 1silver bid on everything that I know people are going to be competing on so it goes faster(like poharan soul shields), or well I do in 45 stuff, I don't do it in lower dungeons.

But other than that, it's a pretty good system I think, I kinda like it. Everyone gets some money out of the items, so that prevents the whole need on everything "because I need it to sell it on the AH" kind of thing and even if you get no items in a run, you still get money so that's nice.

Sölf

Finally reached 45 and finished the story. Tomorrow I finally start with the dailies and the 4 heroics.

Also, is it me or do all sets look better on Gon? Dat outfit.

Hubb

My biggest issue with the bids is the amount of time it can take. I've gotten used to it and it isn't so bad now that people really only care about stuff off the boss at the end, but it can be annoying.

Quonny

Not sure how it's a fair that a single class can solo end game content while the others realistically can't.

Seems to really throw off the economic balance of the game.

Not sure how it's a fair that a single class can solo end game content while the others realistically can't.

Seems to really throw off the economic balance of the game.

Summoners can solo fine too, but it takes longer since they have to kill trash. BM and KFM also can solo pretty much all content, but it requires way more focus and execution, and it's even slower since they have to block a bunch of stuff rather than just full DPS.

A day's worth? Can't you only do that once a day?

You can enter as many times as you like, you get the quest only once though.

Top Bottom