• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

DrAg0nBoY

So what is the best server for EU to play on or where are most of GAF gonna play (not Windrest).

And which Faction to chose.

Kitoro

Just completed my level 20 Blackram Narrows purple shield set. Is there any reason to reinforce it with old ones, or should I just keep it as-is, since I'll be replacing it soon enough, anyway?

Thanks!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm also playing on Cho for the time being.

docbon

Yo gamepad mode + this UI is fucking putrid.

It's a shame, I'm having big issues with my cursor position constantly resetting when interacting with the inventory and any dialogue screens.

Psyren

I'm going to assume the patching servers are getting hammered hard right now, because i'm downloading this game at a whopping 80 KB/s -______-

EDIT: Make that 30-80

Yo gamepad mode + this UI is fucking putrid.

It's a shame, I'm having big issues with my cursor position constantly resetting when interacting with the inventory and any dialogue screens.

Yeah I don't know why they don't have the ability you use the d-pad scroll through menus and shit like how FFXIV does. That's actually my only problem with a gamepad.

Also I'm so glad I caved off the hype and bought a disciple's pack. If I would of waited till today to play I would of been royally fucked

_woLf

The more I play this game the more I cannot stand the loot system in dungeons.

I can't get any drops unless I'm willing to lose half my savings for them. Fuck that shit.

Shoyz

No queues in Soha. Cool how they left the Christmas outfits in, MMOs launching near holidays usually skip them completely.
The more I play this game the more I cannot stand the loot system in dungeons.

I can't get any drops unless I'm willing to lose half my savings for them. Fuck that shit.

I love it. People bid war over soul shields, I get a bunch of free money, and eventually you'll wind up in enough parties of people who dont need anything that you get a bunch of near free ones. Just wish they gave priority to class specific items.

Chariot

Just completed my level 20 Blackram Narrows purple shield set. Is there any reason to reinforce it with old ones, or should I just keep it as-is, since I'll be replacing it soon enough, anyway?

Thanks!
No. Your shields are changing so fast, it's not worth yet.

_woLf

I love it. People bid war over soul shields, I get a bunch of free money, and eventually you'll wind up in enough parties of people who dont need anything that you get a bunch of near free ones. Just wish they gave priority to class specific items.

It rewards people who are rich. I don't feel like the money you get makes up for the fact that you're not getting rewards for the investment of time. Hoping you eventually wind up in a party with people who don't need it is not how getting gear in the game should work, in my opinion.

It also takes FOREVER for loot to be distributed after a boss because of the stupid auctions. A 20 minute dungeon can easily turn into a 30-35 minute one because of bidding wars. :/

Chariot

It rewards people who are rich. I don't feel like the money you get makes up for the fact that you're not getting rewards for the investment of time. Hoping you eventually wind up in a party with people who don't need it is not how getting gear in the game should work, in my opinion.

It also takes FOREVER for loot to be distributed after a boss because of the stupid auctions.
After a few runs you're the one who is rich. In the beta I ran Tomb of Exiles multiple times just to get the sweet money out of people outbidding each other.

And well, yes, it takes some time. But you can make good of it by salvaging all the while or look into your skills or watching Jim Sterling (second monitor so good).

Didn't get on at all tonight due to varying factors. Hopefully I can get on later today after work again. If not may have to roll my Assassin on another server.

I rolled on Old Man Cho so I guess I won't be playing with GAF.

But damn. I played this when there was a fan translation and I don't remember it being this good/polished. I'm having a blast now.

docbon

Queue times for Mushin are still obnoxious even at 4 in the morning as a f2p, but I managed to make my character. I'll probably revisit it in a month or two if the server isn't still pushing max capacity 24/7.

Kalentan

It also takes FOREVER for loot to be distributed after a boss because of the stupid auctions. A 20 minute dungeon can easily turn into a 30-35 minute one because of bidding wars. :/

Got a feeling that this is going to get patched. Since it seems to be a con on everyone's list.

Chariot

But i haven't joined a faction yet! Maybe i need to join Crimson Legion first before invite! Thanks!
Haha, yeah, it's probably that. I am going to be away for a few, but I'll try again to add ya, when I get back.

Got a feeling that this is going to get patched. Since it seems to be a con on everyone's list.
I like it at lot more than throwing dice. And it's core of many discussions around the game, where a lot of people like the system. It more time consuming, but also a lot fairer.

Embearded

Haha, yeah, it's probably that. I am going to be away for a few, but I'll try again to add ya, when I get back.

OK! I am now a member of Crimson Faction!

Just joined on Windrest. Would like an invite. Name is Goatwhore.

You have to become a member of Crimson Faction before someone can invite you to GAF clan. This happens in Bamboo Village while questing. You will receive a letter and after opening it, 2 blue stars will appear in town on map.

I'm all up and running in Mushin on my Blade Master who I swear I picked the wrong hair color for. If anyone is still on, an invite would be tops. :^)

IGN: Randomselect

yaffi

Since BM and KFM are supposed to be tanks in this game; how does tanking actually work? Is it easy to keep aggro and move things around to not wipe out your party? Are you even allowed to get hit or is it all evade/dodge/block-tanking?

Manac0r

Why? Oh WHy didn't I log before going to work.. Got a feeling things will be a little hectic on Windrest this evening...

Has there been any mention of an AFK timer yet?

Sölf

Of course Windrest is closed 1 hour after it opens the gates for everyone. Bleh, will try to join you guys tomorrow most likely.

Chariot

Since BM and KFM are supposed to be tanks in this game; how does tanking actually work? Is it easy to keep aggro and move things around to not wipe out your party? Are you even allowed to get hit or is it all evade/dodge/block-tanking?
I don't know how tanking is supposed to work. As far ad I played you get coordinated cc'ng at best. Destroyers are great for that.

Is there only a beta now? I'm guessing whoever of you guys are playing right now are in a CBT?
No, we're in the headstart. Like four day early access. Real launch begins tonight.

Why? Oh WHy didn't I log before going to work.. Got a feeling things will be a little hectic on Windrest this evening...

Has there been any mention of an AFK timer yet?
Yeah, they wanna do one at some point, but there isn't one now and I doubt it will come very soon.
Sölf;192626972 said:
Of course Windrest is closed 1 hour after it opens the gates for everyone. Bleh, will try to join you guys tomorrow most likely.

miee~~~p

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Sölf;192626972 said:

wtf already closed -_-...great just downloaded the game XD

Nopren

You have to become a member of Crimson Faction before someone can invite you to GAF clan. This happens in Bamboo Village while questing. You will receive a letter and after opening it, 2 blue stars will appear in town on map.

Already a member of Crimson Faction.

But alas, game crashed and am now #552 in queue.

Kinda pissed I didn't get to take advantage or head start very much due to working this week but I have no idea what I'm doing anyway.

Are there any universal skill builds I should be following? I can't find any decent info on the wiki page. Playing force master btw.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mushin locked. :( No way to transfer later?

Top Bottom