• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Kyne

Character creation shinnanagins..

QlS08bQ.jpg

Hubb

Be real with me, is this just another Korean MMO but with nicer combat animations?

If you like PvP it is pretty legit, I can't speak to PvE aspects of the game yet. The only real negative is that you have to level your character to PvP. Yes they normalize gear, but your skill points really matter and you need levels to get those.

Zand

Neo Member
It unlocked with a rank up with the soul wardens. I did notice some people saying a recipe book was needed but it's definitely in my list:

Ow91CBP.jpg

Oh, the Stone itself, sorry. For some reason I thought you meant the Premium Tempered Clay Refiner recipe.... that is the bitch to get for Merry Potter. =)

Sorian

Banned
Oh, the Stone itself, sorry. For some reason I thought you meant the Premium Tempered Clay Refiner recipe.... that is the bitch to get for Merry Potter. =)

Yeah, Merry Potter has been a bitch in itself to even just level. Was going to focus on that one once I got to max level.

arimanius

After spending all weekend trying out the different classes I finally decided on the assassin class and got her to 22 yesterday. Combat seems fun but this game doesn't do a very good job at explaining well anything.

edit* I've played on Juwol all weekend long, Zero queue.

Ennosuke

Trying to update the game, but it seems to be impossible to get the remaining 100mb. Speed is droping to 0 really fast.

Zareka

I'm confused about the item store. Those prices can't be in NCoins, can they? Just shy of 16GBP for the Christmas outfit? I can't figure out how to obtain Hongmoon Coins, either. Sorry if I missed this skimming the OT or if it's obvious, I never deal with F2P games.

NeOak

Have Hongmoon Coins been sent out to founders pack buyers yet? Master Pack founder here, and still sitting at 0 coins!

I don't think we got Hongmoon coins.

After playing for few hours I'm regretting not getting Founders Pack. Tried to buy it but says can only be billed to U.S address.
I really want this before they run out of them http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/blade-soul-master-founders-pack/127069 ..
If someone from US wants to do huge favor, PM me, got some + rep in BST.

PMed

Kyne

they increased the server cap to Mushin (+ the other two servers) so that the existing players didn't continue to struggle. That's why people are able to get in so quickly.

oppositely, it's the reason they've closed those servers until further notice.

Brokun

I'm confused about the item store. Those prices can't be in NCoins, can they? Just shy of 16GBP for the Christmas outfit? I can't figure out how to obtain Hongmoon Coins, either. Sorry if I missed this skimming the OT or if it's obvious, I never deal with F2P games.

There are coins, and then there are points. Coins are the cost of the item. Points add to your points rank which give you certain bonuses in game like a percentage exp boost on certain quests, etc.

From what I've seen so far costumes average around 1000 Ncoins.

Kyne

There are coins, and then there are points. Coins are the cost of the item. Points add to your points rank which give you certain bonuses in game like a percentage exp boost on certain quests, etc.

mhm is there a place we can see the costumes available to buy with NCoins?

docbon

they increased the server cap to Mushin (+ the other two servers) so that the existing players didn't continue to struggle. That's why people are able to get in so quickly.

oppositely, it's the reason they've closed those servers until further notice.

Thank goodness I rolled a character there last night~

Sorian

Banned
mhm is there a place we can see the costumes available to buy with NCoins?

F10 will pull up the main B&S store. The first view that pops up should be the NCoin value on everything. There are tabs on the right that let you flip between hongmoon coins and NCoins. Like the other post said, the rank points will be on the same screen as the NCoins purchase price. It does not cost rank points, those are points you gain whenever you spend money on things that give you small passive bonuses.

Zareka

The Christmas outfit I was looking at is apparently 1200 coins and 1400 coins costs 16GBP. Dang that's a hefty sum for an outift.

Kyne

F10 to open the shop.

F10 will pull up the main B&S store. The first view that pops up should be the NCoin value on everything. There are tabs on the right that let you flip between hongmoon coins and NCoins. Like the other post said, the rank points will be on the same screen as the NCoins purchase price. It does not cost rank points, those are points you gain whenever you spend money on things that give you small passive bonuses.

thanks guys, I'm not in game though. I should have been specific and said outside the game.. haha.. = 3=

Sorian

Banned
Does this game have forced PVP? I'm thinking of jumping in, but I don't like PVP games.

Not forced at all. You will get certain costumes throughout the game that will clearly say that wearing this costume will make you hostile to the opposite faction. Don't wear the costume and you're set.

That being said, the PvP in this game is very fun but they definitely let you avoid it if you wish.

AESplusF

Queues on Old Man Cho now :(.

Yeah, I just made a character there...I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I wonder if that means it's the second most populated server now. Maybe it'll get a higher cap like Mushin?

Says it's going to take 10 minutes by the way.

mkenyon

Banned
It's the Stinger costume. The assless part is Gon exclusive, like every good thing in BnS.
That was my primary goal in leveling. Hit 27, was even in the area, was so close. Then reroll.

The Wish costume from the Hongmoon store is pretty great too. They're like textured running rights/leggings. Need more stuff like that.

Sorian

Banned
thanks guys, I'm not in game though. I should have been specific and said outside the game.. haha.. = 3=

Ah, not that I know of, the store dynamically changes whenever they want so I don't know if there is a place to view it out of the game.

Brokun

The Christmas outfit I was looking at is apparently 1200 coins and 1400 coins costs 16GBP. Dang that's a hefty sum for an outift.

Oh, that's what you're talking about. Yeah. I bought the highest tier founders pack so I got 7200 Ncoins for
not
free.

mkenyon

Banned
Anyone have some good impressions? Everything I'm reading says play for the PvP avoid PvE?>
As someone who hates grind, hates stories, hates questing, and only really enjoys PvP:

I find the leveling to be enjoyable in and of itself. I've been doing it with a buddy the whole time, which may increase enjoyment. Bosses can be tough, especially if you're level appropriate or just below the recommended level.

I made it to lvl 27, rerolled, and am still enjoying it despite playing the same exact class.

I think the 4 man dungeons could be pretty damn enjoyable as well. The 6 man stuff is just way too chaotic and easy. Though, that's my impression of what's available up to lvl 27. End game dungeons might be different.

Finally got to play my Kung Fu Master yesterday. Good to see that the wait time has been reduced. I crashed on the way to Whalesong Cove and then I logged on instantly after that happened. I wound up being teleported to the dragon pillar and then I had to help the villagers.

I"m keeping my Founder's items here since it's my primary class, but I'll switch between my KFM and my Force Master (in Master Hong). Now I just want this day to hurry up so I can play more :p

Hopefully the wait times aren't painful today.

_woLf

Tried Summoner and Force Master a little before I logged last night since there was no queue on Mushin....not digging force master, which surprised me. I like Summoner though -- may pursue that as my primary alt class, depending on how long it takes for us to get warlock

I'm done for now. I quite like the outfits in this game when they aren't showing too much skin.

My Kung Fu Master:

I wish the hat didn't forcibly change my actual hairstyle though. I picked a short style and it turns into this when wearing the hat.

Guess I shouldn't have logged out. Guess I can get some more work done. Probably an hour+ wait to log in now.

Also, I somehow missed my weapon unlock weapon for level 5+. I was wondering why the zones got a tad bit harder.

yaffi

There's no point in hoarding all those (low-level) soul shield pieces, I guess?

My inventory is starting to fill up with stuff I have no idea if I need to keep it or not.

Top Bottom