• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

docbon

welp waited 3 hours. got in. game froze after 2 minutes.

new patch. version 10. yay. look at this new stuff

"You are #1395 in the premium queue
1395 Premium Members waiting.
238 Non-Premium Members waiting.
Estimated wait time: 76 min."

can't wait to see these numbers when F2P opens

"what is this sideways 8 in my waiting time?"

Hubb

Wait, so when this game goes live for free tonight, there will still be queue? If yes, then fml....I will never get in.

The Mushin or WIndrest will have a queue, you could try out another server to see if you like the game. Mushin is going to be rocky for a little while until it settles. If you don't have premium you have 2 choices, log in during a real off time (5 AM EST is great) and never log out. No afk timer yet so you won't be kicked, the other choice is to play on another server.

cHinzo

Dnno how I feel about joining the busiest servers lol. Sounds like a pain to actually play the game tbh. Gonna see if I can get into Windrest on the release I guess. :d

WX3

Got the installer downloaded and ready to go. Says launch time is under three hours, but I think I will have to wait until tomorrow after work before I finally get to play! Thank you GAF for all the help in this OT so far!

Kyne

So my client banner says "Welcome to B&S Closed Beta" but it's also reading that it's version 10..

Am I going to be okay?

Edit:
Also, why does it verify+repair every time I launch it?

Hastati

Is it possible to level up our characters on one server and transfer to another later? I'm on Mushin and have the same problem as everyone else.

How the hell are people getting to max level so quickly? Or did you all just do so during the headstart when the queuing wasn't as bad...Really wish I was in town..!

Tabby

The Mushin or WIndrest will have a queue, you could try out another server to see if you like the game. Mushin is going to be rocky for a little while until it settles. If you don't have premium you have 2 choices, log in during a real off time (5 AM EST is great) and never log out. No afk timer yet so you won't be kicked, the other choice is to play on another server.

I doubt Windrest will have a queue, it's opening at 5am. Even so I don't recommend rolling on Windrest even though that's where we are, the queues are only going to get worse tomorrow when you log on at normal times.

So my client banner says "Welcome to B&S Closed Beta" but it's also reading that it's version 10..

Am I going to be okay?

Edit:
Also, why does it verify+repair every time I launch it?

You should be completely fine. I have the same stuff happen every once in a while, but I've been playing with no problems. Just make sure you installed the BnS Lite and not the BnS CBT.

Is it possible to level up our characters on one server and transfer to another later? I'm on Mushin and have the same problem as everyone else.

How the hell are people getting to max level so quickly? Or did you all just do so during the headstart when the queuing wasn't as bad...Really wish I was in town..!

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that NCsoft are offering character and premium benefit transfers to other servers if you contact them through support.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Tried sending you an invite but no luck. Are you online at the moment?

Ranmo

Tempted to upgrade my disciple pack at the last second. I'm not sure on the value of everything yet. But from what I can see the upgrade actually saves you a lot of cash down the line, right?

Though I'm not sure if a lot of the price comes from the additional Ncoin.

EDIT: I caved.

Ricker

I will roll on a quiet server to get my bearings in the game and all and wait for Mushin to stabalize before starting there and joining the GAF group...I will be the newbie in the group so you can give me some cool stuff :p ;)

Stider

Just done some reading, is it true there is no afk timer atm? If so, this brings back horrible, horrible memories of FF XIV's launch where I would log in and leave the game running while I went to work so I could play without 2-3 hour wait times.

AESplusF

I'm on dorm wi-fi and I'll be downloading the patch for an hour (if I'm lucky) because the internet goes to shit at night.

Even if I were to log in, it would probably be disconnecting here and there anyway so whatever I guess I'll play it in the morning.

Ephidel

I decided to go to Windrest where the other EU folks are but creation is locked there for the time being. If I create a character with the name I want on another server I'll be able to delete it, and re-use the name on Windrest later, right?

(Maybe I'm just tired because it's 5am and I haven't slept yet, but I can't make head nor tails of the restriction schedule x_x).

the Master Founders is still available on Gamestops website. i wish i knew that earlier. I wonder if i buy it, since its a code, if ill still get the benefits.

i'm only just installing now after buying the master pack a while ago....didn't do the head start so do i still get the items?

have you logged into your account and activated the code they gave you? i just did it 10 minutes ago. logging in to see what if i finally have my stuff from the starter pack.

So I guess the plebgates open in just over 4 hours, right? I wonder if it'll even be possible to get onto Mushin to make a character in the first place. :x

Mushin is locked for character creation anyways during launch.

This doesn't matter much unless you have Premium, as the queues are such that Mushin is essentially a Premium-only server at this point. Non-Premium members won't enter the server until the queue is entirely clear of Premium members and that's only happened like twice over the Headstart weekend.

docbon

Mushin, Jiwan, Master Hong, Old Man Cho, and Poharan are all locked for the moment.

Literally everywhere I thought about rolling on ._.

I'll hop on when the schedule opens up.

CoLaN

This is the first MMO in years where i get REALLY excited about the combat. Its so deep and complex, the combos, the reaction time needed... Its really good. I am playing an assassin and i feel like a ninja, in complete control of the character.

Its also different from other action combat MMOs, so it took me a bit to adjust, and it will also take a long time to master everything.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
This is the first MMO in years where i get REALLY excited about the combat. Its so deep and complex, the combos, the reaction time needed... Its really good. I am playing an assassin and i feel like a ninja, in complete control of the character.

Its also different from other action combat MMOs, so it took me a bit to adjust, and it will also take a long time to master it.

With all the reviews I've been reading, the one thing everyone agrees on is how exceptional the combat is in this game. Loving the hype this game is generating. :D

Zand

Neo Member
I did learn the recipe now, I'm only level 34 or 35 myself though so no where even close to being able to obtain the large amount of materials :p

How on earth did you manage to get the Moonwater Transformation Stone recipe at lvl35?

Desi

Was looking forward to play tonight but the launcher stopped working all together. So I uninstalled and now am in the process of re-installing it again.

I'm going to be completely honest and say that y'all should just make characters on the servers that are open at the moment, as I doubt you'll be able to even play on NA Mushin for a good week or so without a premium membership...

I know it sucks, but there's already way too many premiums always queuing up for it unless you're playing extremely late at night/extremely early in the morning.

Top Bottom