• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Muddimar

Are Assassins actually tough to play or is the difficulty rating for them the usual MMO nonsense?

They can be in PvP. You have a lot of different combos that activate daze, stuns, stealths, etc. You need to know all of these to really be fully effective in the 1v1 battles. I imagine you would need some "go to" combos for PvE as well. The game does a pretty good job of teaching you some combos, the others will need to be learned on your own.

Edit: as I was leveling I would acquire new abilities and not realize it, and have to refer to my skill sheet to figure out what they do/how they activate.

Sorian

Banned
new costume which i very much prefer

That one came from a quest right? The other color variant would have went better with your character's hair. I do appreciate that there is a good mixture of sexy/skimpy outfits and more armor/martial artist costumes so that everyone can usually find what they like.

I have no shame so I'm rocking the Gon bare ass costume.

That one came from a quest right? The other color variant would have went better with your character's hair. I do appreciate that there is a good mixture of sexy/skimpy outfits and more armor/martial artist costumes so that everyone can usually find what they like.

And I have no shame rocking blue porcelain.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

yea it was i checked the other color but didnt like the black and it looked more like bayonetta lol

Sorian

Banned
yea it was i checked the other color but didnt like the black and it looked more like bayonetta lol

This game definitely keeps the aesthetic (for the most part) that red has to be paired with black. I think the only examples I've noticed so far of red with a lighter color (white) were cash shop/pre-order costumes.

Alrus

FYI do not open the chests at the end of solo/easy dungeons, they usually give completely useless stuff and they consume a key which could be used for much more important stuff

Azull

So I'm loving this game but I absolutely hate the system they have in place on bidding for loot in a dungeon. Basically makes it so that the rich people get everything without breaking the bank. Please tell me there is a way to change such a loot system?

FYI do not open the chests at the end of solo/easy dungeons, they usually give completely useless stuff and they consume a key which could be used for much more important stuff

Just a regular key? Cause they have been pretty easy for me to come by. I think I got 7 yesterday. I haven't touched any of my Hongmoon keys and I've opened pretty much every dropped chest I've gotten.

cHinzo

EU, Windrest...

Another hour on... and the estimated wait time has increased....

Free to play... hmmmm..... looking like being premium is pretty vital right now.
Damn, I'm so glad I couldn't pick Windrest, since it was locked and I'm planning to stay a pleb. Hope I can hop onto my server when I'm done with dinner. Still need that stupid Blight Blade.

Sorian

Banned

Ah, it is taking a key then. I'm swimming in keys though and am always low on unsealing charms and usually those dungeon chests have an unsealing charm in them so the 1:1 trade is appreciated actually.

Alrus

Just a regular key? Cause they have been pretty easy for me to come by. I think I got 7 yesterday. I haven't touched any of my Hongmoon keys and I've opened pretty much every dropped chest I've gotten.

Ah, it is taking a key then. I'm swimming in keys though and am always low on unsealing charms and usually those dungeon chests have an unsealing charm in them so the 1:1 trade is appreciated actually.

Heh I guess I was unlucky but I used all of my keys (about 30 or so) to get a breakthrough weapon in cinderlands so they feel more important than unsealing charms, which I have plenty of.

nikos

Joined the Cerulean Order for GAF.

If someone could please send an invite when a slot opens up, I'd really appreciate it. Character name is Erasmia.

Hubb

So I'm loving this game but I absolutely hate the system they have in place on bidding for loot in a dungeon. Basically makes it so that the rich people get everything without breaking the bank. Please tell me there is a way to change such a loot system?

I don't like it because it can slow down a dungeon run. It isn't so bad though, the party gets the winning bid split among them. Not sure what other loot options there are, but not running with randoms is probably the safest bet.

Heh I guess I was unlucky but I used all of my keys (about 30 or so) to get a breakthrough weapon in cinderlands so they feel more important than unsealing charms, which I have plenty of.

Well, I did use up the last of my keys opening nonsense yesterday, but they seemed so easy to obtain that I thought nothing of it. Now I am hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot. It took me about 8 keys to get my first breakthrough weapon.

Home. Class let out pretty quick like it usually does on first days.

Anyone know if there's a queue on Cho? I want to switch characters but don't want to wait four hours.

Alrus

Well, I did use up the last of my keys opening nonsense yesterday, but they seemed so easy to obtain that I thought nothing of it. Now I am hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot. It took me about 8 keys to get my first breakthrough weapon.

Well keys are relatively easy to come by it's true (dailies give you a bunch of them), and at worst you can buy them off the marketplace or craft them if you are part of that particular crafting guild (I'm not though). I just don't like the idea of possibly running out of them when I need them to progress.

Brokun

I understand that this is the perception, but is it really the case? I'm only level 24, but so far the ones to outbid me in dungeon loot are low level players who should, in theory, have much less silver than I do. The majority of the high level randoms I've grouped with have outright passed on most items that drop, rather than bid up or outbid just because they could.

Sorian

Banned
I understand that this is the perception, but is it really the case? I'm only level 24, but so far the ones to outbid me in dungeon loot are low level players who should, in theory, have much less silver than I do. The majority of the high level randoms I've grouped with have outright passed on most items that drop, rather than bid up or outbid just because they could.

That's all junk though. Try to outbid a high level player on a shiny new costume :p

kiryogi

Banned

Thing is later in the game, items require 2 keys or unsealing charms to unlock. :eek: Be careful.

Group with clanmates/friends.

Brokun

That's all junk though. Try to outbid a high level player on a shiny new costume :p

Thank goodness costumes can be previewed because not all costumes are worth bidding on. :p But yeah I get your point. Highly sought after items will be highly sought after lol.

The alternative is to leave it to dice rolls and RNG to see who gets the shiny new costume. And when you lose, it doesn't feel very good there either.

At least this way you have some control over the outcome. If you really care about getting dungeon costumes, you better figure out how to make more cash than the competition!

Nothing you will ever do can give you any advantage with a dice roll. ;)

Sorian

Banned
Thank goodness costumes can be previewed because not all costumes are worth bidding on. :p But yeah I get your point. Highly sought after items will be highly sought after lol.

The alternative is to leave it to dice rolls and RNG to see who gets the shiny new costume. And when you lose, it doesn't feel very good there either.

At least this way you have some control over the outcome. If you really care about getting dungeon costumes, you better figure out how to make more cash than the competition!

Nothing you will ever do can give you any advantage with a dice roll. ;)

I, personally, like the bidding system because it can lead to dungeon runs actually being profitable. Just pointing out where someone could see the unfairness. There really is no winning solution with random people though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How long is the timer on the AFK kick? I was alt tabbed out for nearly an hour and a half and never got booted.

Seems to vary by people logged into server n queue times. But autorun afk works lol

NeOak

I, personally, like the bidding system because it can lead to dungeon runs actually being profitable. Just pointing out where someone could see the unfairness. There really is no winning solution with random people though.

Especially if there is a certain troll in the group that increases the amount of money without the bidders noticing it lol

This. As soon as I get the Stalker fit it will be worn for all eternity.

Especially if there is a certain troll in the group that increases the amount of money without the bidders noticing it lol

Some people just mash the bid button without even watching the increasing amount. You can think of those people as your own personal ATMs in dungeon runs. :3

Brokun

Ah yeah, for sure. I think each system is not without it's problems. I like the bidding system, it's a nice change from RNG all the time, but I've run into some snags as well...

Yup! Happened to me, but thankfully someone else outbid me before they noticed lol

Top Bottom