• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

ShinMaruku

Are Assassins actually tough to play or is the difficulty rating for them the usual MMO nonsense?

They are middle of the range of difficulty, you need to be on point with animation canceling and having set up, but after enough hours it becomes clear.
For pvp they can definatly be a bit difficult.

Yep, 2RF and its variations on KFM are godlike. It'll be better at higher levels with higher crit chance but even now 2R2R~ is pretty good.

100-150

Another game ruined cause I'm in Alaska.

Whoa. whoa, 100-150 is still decent. So you won't be able to ani-cancel consistently. It's not absolutely necessary in pve. KFM has a ton of awesome skills you'll never see if all you do is min-max your damage with 2RF.

Unless you're heavy into pvp, in which case, yeah, 2RF is kinda required if your opponent also ani-cancels.

Are Assassins actually tough to play or is the difficulty rating for them the usual MMO nonsense?

My main character's an assassin, and I must say, it's a bit of a challenge to keep up with yourself when you're zooming and zipping around at first, but once you get used to it and you unlock most of your skills, PvE turns into a cakewalk.

I have a few quick combos that kill just about everything except bosses in just a few seconds.

So satisfying

Swhalen

Just installed the game last night before bed. I was looking at the character creation and the two classes I want to play the most, Kung Fu Master and Assassin are rated highest difficulty. Are they truly that difficult to play? Should I just go for it?

Just installed the game last night before bed. I was looking at the character creation and the two classes I want to play the most, Kung Fu Master and Assassin are rated highest difficulty. Are they truly that difficult to play? Should I just go for it?

KFM has a lot of combos that require manual input, as well as a counter skill. If you're into that sort of thing, give it a try :D.

Just go for the one you want.

KFM relies on timing, counters, etc. so it's more challenging in that you need to react quickly.

Assassin's got stealth, maneuverability, and a few other systems at play, making it a bit more technical, so that's why it's rated as harder, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

EDIT: The game's also pretty good about teaching you the core mechanics of your class.

Ferrio

Banned
You are not completely hosed if you are 100-150 you can still anicancel just might have a bit of issue with the execution phase in deep pvp.

Wish there was a reliable way to look at ping. Using resource manager the client had 5 connections open with pings ranging from 95-150. Question is which was the actually connection for game info and not like chat/store/whatever.

ShinMaruku

On a happy note when you have enough crit ani-canceling becomes easier for lesser ping people because you have less things to weave in.

Are there any classes that are good at pvp and don't rely on animation cancelling?

Do what NeOak said, and also read this thread:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/111484-classes-and-ping/

Leveling seemed pretty good in the beta, did they nerf xp gains or anything since?

I've never had to grind. I just do the quests in each area and move on. It's a smooth progression from place to place so far. But I'm only 18 at the moment since I'm trying to keep pace with a friend.

ShinMaruku

Are there any classes that are good at pvp and don't rely on animation cancelling?

Force Master Destroyer, assassin would do fine at 100 ping. But Force Master, Summoners and Destroyers are all decent. It's really KFM and Sword masters which are a bit iffy. But like I said you can do fine as long as you are around 90. 60 is for the stupid bullshit things not really feasable at level 45.

Oh that's so cool. The cross server dungeon thing means I can still group with GAF for endgame. This is amazing.

You can password protect your Lobby so only people from this thread can join :D

ShinMaruku

Try assassin if you can nail those ani cancels then KFM will work pretty fine. You just need to be extra exact in KFM and one simple rotation in a stun is what you would need for a kill in pvp.

What location has those training dummies, Maruku?

I've been soloing Pokey over and over to practice ani-cancels. 2R2R2R~ with F in there when it comes pretty good now.

What location has those training dummies, Maruku?

I've been soloing Pokey over and over to practice ani-cancels. 2R2R2R~ with F in there when it comes pretty good now.

There are some pigs (actual name starts with D---'s Pigs, I think) near Hogshead Farmland that regen HP really fast if you just equip your lv. 1 white training weapon. You can practice combos on them easy and the pigs'll never die.

There are some pigs (actual name starts with D---'s Pigs, I think) near Hogshead Farmland that regen HP really fast if you just equip your lv. 1 white training weapon. You can practice combos on them easy.

Ahahaha, I sold that piece of crap ages ago since I have no plans to pvp. I'll have to get a low level weapon somewhere.

Ahahaha, I sold that piece of crap ages ago since I have no plans to pvp. I'll have to get a low level weapon somewhere.

Guess you could just buy a low level one from the AH for a few coppers.

Only issue is you cannot knock the pigs up in the air. So I practiced my FM combos on some scarecrows that were nearby. They, obviously, also don't die fast with low level weapon but also don't really hurt you with level 45 soul shields.

Ricker

How do you enable gamepad support, it's grayed out for me in options? I'm using an XB1 controller + wireless dongle.

I think you have to be in the actual game for it to work...it was greyed out for me also at the character creation screen but I was able to click it once I started playing...or it was just lag...

I cant wait to play the shit of this game tomorrow, me and my friend are going to try to get a high level pretty fast. We both played the beta so we already know the basic stuff and all that. This weekend is going to be mostly BnS

Top Bottom