• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Hoplatee

I still can not enter that Blackrock purple dungeon with F8. It says I lack some quest for it. "Invitation from 'cantrememberthename'". Any ideas?

Finished the story, am level 45 and stuff. Even got the bangle.

Chariot

I still can not enter that Blackrock purple dungeon with F8. It says I lack some quest for it. "Invitation from 'cantrememberthename'". Any ideas?

Finished the story, am level 45 and stuff. Even got the bangle.
At some point during the story quest you should get Invitation from Poharan, a quest that leads you to the E. Fleet. Should be before the Highland Necropolis.

Hoplatee

At some point during the story quest you should get Invitation from Poharan, a quest that leads you to the E. Fleet. Should be before the Highland Necropolis.

Never got it >.> Probably missed it then. Already checkee the map if I missed it but it is hard to find with all the blue daily markers.

Chariot

Oh man, I have time to play a bunch of time and there is mainteneance for another 4 hours.
The really amazing thing is for what.

Below are the list of changes introduced within the update:
  • Additional spam preventative measures implemented
  • Fixed a bug with Crafting and Gathering Guild Points

Two new European servers have been introduced:
  • Highland Gate
  • [DE] Himmelsfarm

Totally worth 5 hours again.

Fuz

Banned
Maintenance always in EU prime time. After all, EU are the second rate children.
It's fucking annoying.

Sölf

Maintenance always in EU prime time. After all, EU are the second rate children.
It's fucking annoying.

And it's been like this with pretty much every MMO ever. I remember back in the day when WoW had it's maintance on either saturday or sunday in the EU. And not at night, that was also like 11 in the morning when it started.

Sölf;193644263 said:
And it's been like this with pretty much every MMO ever. I remember back in the day when WoW had it's maintance on either saturday or sunday in the EU. And not at night, that was also like 11 in the morning when it started.

Been a long time since they have maintenances at separate times for EU and NA though. I mean I remember back in the days UO used to have 1-2hours everyday that wouldn't get saved before the daily maintenance, doesn't really mean I'd be ok with it nowadays(I mean, maybe, shit was fun with the Britain graveyard free for all brawl since everything was getting rolled back anyway).

But can't really fault them too much for not having split maintenances, not the same budget and shit. I do dislike the fact it's almost 6hours of maintenance though, but then again I assume there's a bunch of backend fixes, considering their servers shit themselves pretty much everyday. On EU at around midnight they've had to reset arena/dungeon lobby subservers everyday basically cause they'd stop working. And the market search broke a bunch of times too. So I assume they're trying to get this fixed, hopefully.

I guess on the upside, I won't be farming Dreadtide as much today, so I might not hate myself as much when I go to sleep without my cool costume.

Fuz

Banned
Sölf;193644263 said:

Yes, I do remember vanilla WOW. But it was 2004. We're in 2016 now.

To be honest I rather have maintenance from noon till 5pm when I'm busy with university work anyways but I guess it's different for everyone :/

Sölf

Yes, I do remember vanilla WOW. But it was 2004. We're in 2016 now.

2005 for EU. :p

But yeah, I mean, I can understand that they don't do split maintance, but can't the choose another time? It always feels like no matter what MMO, EU is fucked because maintance starts at like 11 AM or at noon or something. Can't they change it a little bit, so we are not fucked as much, if we can't get our own maintance timeframe?

Kudo

I enjoy playing at night more, so I have no issues with the maintenance times.
Hell, If I was employed I'd still be at work during the maintenances.

Person

Sölf;193639895 said:
YOU'RE NO MATCH FOR ME!
DEFENDED!
COUNTER!
IT'S NOT WORKING!

if i wasnt looking at the screen I'd think I was playing Fable

even worse is when the terracotta soldiers are saying it for some reason

Person

i woke up thinking i was gonna grind that profane but nope :<

anyone know what the cross servers are like? I haven't tried em yet, how do they work and is it for certain dungeons only?

Rynam

anyone know what the cross servers are like? I haven't tried em yet, how do they work and is it for certain dungeons only?

For all Dungeons except the solo stuff like yutai etc.
I like cross server so far. But it seems there are some trolls that change the lootrules to masterloot during bossfights to get all the loot..

cHinzo

i woke up thinking i was gonna grind that profane but nope :<

I think its for every dungeon u can do with 4 or 6 people. It's great because u dont need to walk back and forth or waste money teleporting. The quests are also right in front of the entrance before u enter the dungeon. Really convenient system.

Twookie

I keep getting fucked over by this rng shit

I cannot upgrade my sword because i never got my stalker blade for my blade master and now I have no keys to open the crates anymore. what's worse, is that the dailies never give me anything but potions, so it's like I can't open the crate without spending real money to get enough keys to have a chance to get my weapon

I got the blade i needed once, but at the time I didn't know I actually had to use it at the end to upgrade(breakthrough) my weapon as it didn't say that it had to be that until it was too late ;_;

Fuz

Banned
Well, it didn't help that the GMs replied to the problem that it's notbtheir business. Fucking A.

But it is their business. What are they there for?
The game should not allow the players to change loot rules in a random PUG, it should be permitted only in premade groups.
This is quite troubling. So, basically, I can be a scumbag?

Huh what, really? Any link to that? That is quite silly o_o

Yeah, they did.
It's on the official forums.

I cannot upgrade my sword because i never got my stalker blade for my blade master and now I have no keys to open the crates anymore. what's worse, is that the dailies never give me anything but potions, so it's like I can't open the crate without spending real money to get enough keys to have a chance to get my weapon

I got the blade i needed once, but at the time I didn't know I actually had to use it at the end to upgrade(breakthrough) my weapon as it didn't say that it had to be that until it was too late ;_;

for stalker blade... you should just buy it from market place. It's dirt cheap.

Rynam

Huh what, really? Any link to that? That is quite silly o_o

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/434eye/ninjalooting_is_legit_confirmed_by_gm/
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/161942-warning-theres-a-huge-issue-that-can-screw-you/
Here's an example.

The game should not allow the players to change loot rules in a random PUG, it should be permitted only in premade groups.

The problem is, it shouldn't be possible while in a fight. Or at least the party needs to accept.
But outright not allowing loot rule changes isn't a solution, I always change the rule from Free for all to Round-Robin if I'm partyleader in a crossserver PUG, because FFA is fcking stupid.

Your weapon says what it needs for updates on the next tier at all times. Also every item used for upgrade says so in the tooltip(either Breakthrough items or Evolve items). Finally any blue items you need for upgrades can be bought on the market. Most of them are way cheaper than the price of a key.

Twookie

for stalker blade... you should just buy it from market blade. It's dirt cheap.

Oh, thank you, didn't know.

Your weapon says what it needs for updates on the next tier at all times. Also every item used for upgrade says so in the tooltip(either Breakthrough items or Evolve items). Finally any blue items you need for upgrades can be bought on the market. Most of them are way cheaper than the price of a key.

I used up my stalker sword before breakthrough so I didn't see that I needed that exact piece, don't feel like it was explained very well either since two of my friends did the exact same thing as I did (although they did get luckier with the next rolls so it didn't matter to them).

yaffi

I used up my stalker sword before breakthrough so I didn't see that I needed that exact piece, don't feel like it was explained very well either since two of my friends did the exact same thing as I did (although they did get luckier with the next rolls so it didn't matter to them).

But it says so in the tooltip of the item you use to make the breakthrough.

Sölf

"Oh there's an issue with the design set-up of the game? Player's fault, move on"

Loot rules should not be allowed to be changed in random queue dungeons, period.

Yeah. If you open up your own group, you can choose what you want. If you use the Looking for Party tool, it should just be locked in the default loot type.

Quonny

"Oh there's an issue with the design set-up of the game? Player's fault, move on"

Loot rules should not be allowed to be changed in random queue dungeons, period.

The GM clearly was not understanding what the player was saying.

I could totally see this change in an upcoming patch.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Are you on Mushin?

Chariot

Agreed. Loot rules should only be changeable if the whole group agrees. Allowing that and giving this kind of answer is simply trash.

Well, I sure hope so. But I also hope for better translation.

Fuz

Banned

No. The GM didn't even read what the player wrote. And answered with a generic copy-paste.
Pretty typical, happens all the time in mmos. Still annoy me to no end and it's a shitty practice.

Person

Oh, thank you, didn't know.

don't ever spend keys on blue chests, keys are 10 silver each and at your current level, those weapons are probably a couple bronze each from the player market

you'll make enough money to easily buy keys later on anyway

Sorian

Banned

Clearly, it's the same issues as the copy-paste response to the WTFast bans. I'd prefer they get employees that are allowed to think as opposed to this useless crew they have at the moment.

Fuz

Banned
Clearly, it's the same issues as the copy-paste response to the WTFast bans. I'd prefer they get employees that are allowed to think as opposed to this useless crew they have at the moment.

Yeah I was reading about this wave of ban on the official forums.
Are those bans legit and the complainers are actually guilty? Have they been banned injustly (while LEGIONS of bots are still unharmed)?
Honestly, this is even more troubling than the master loot issue. I'm investing time and money in this game, do I have to play with the fear that something could happen to my account?

Rynam

Mhh, did they change how the Prestige Point Symbol looks on the NPC/other Players?

It's now light Blue with a white middle.

Oh and I cant see my own Prestige Points(I'm too high level it seems :D), and other than /say no chat is working :O

Fuz

Banned
Mhh, did they change how the Prestige Point Symbol looks on the NPC/other Players?

It's now light Blue with a white middle.

I think you're overleveled. And you won't gain prestige from players and NPC showing that symbol.

Top Bottom