• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
What are everyone's mains?

Main: Noel
Sub: Maybe Bullet and/or Kagura once I've tried them out.

Said it earlier, but my BB main will forever and always be Rachel (even in CS1...).

There are some possibility of subs like Nu since she's finally back. But Rachel's pretty much the only one I truly enjoy using.

Canti.

https://twitter.com/zatuyoP/statuses/392196321639030784
The digital download version is getting Terumi for free until November 6.
This literally is the only reason I order from Play-Asia
Pre-order Cancel
Day 1 digital

As for characters i'm looking forward it might be Azreal, Terumi or this guy
2c5SBaJ.gif

OOOoOoOooOOo

I don't like playerlists since I end up adding everyone and playing with little to no one that I added. :x

I meant to say that I prefer adding as I meet people in the thread. That way you only add the names of people you are actually going to play with (which will hopefully be everyone by some point).

Furthermore I also suspect that ArcSys has grown tired of Microsoft's retarded policies and decided it wasn't worth it anymore considering how niche their games are to the foreign audience.

It's rumoured that the reason Continuum Shift Extend was a standalone game instead of a DLC update is because they had already pushed too much new content on the original CS and reached the limits of how much new content Microsoft allows to push for a single game.

They also only announced Guilty Gear Xrd for PS3 and PS4 so far, so it looks like it's going to continue that way forward.

This seems more rasonable but still it looks bad how the 360 playerbase were left off by Arcsys

Also, no one really bought the 360 version anywhere either. It's not limited to only Japan. The 360 community for arcsys titles are always pretty much non-existent

I did, and have good matches in CT and CS didnt know is completely empty now.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll get an english version if it ever gets released on Vita
PS+
jk

Edit: I dunno about that 360 rumor for disc size. Super SF4's been able to have a lot of updates added.

Main: Mu
Sub: Whoever I feel best with the new characters, they all look like fun. Also Tao, can never really leave her even though I can't play her decently.

This seems more rasonable but still it looks bad how the 360 playerbase were left off by Arcsys

Arc can't leave what was never really there in the first place. Seriously, there's a world of difference in activity between the two for "anime" games; I say that having started on 360.

Ken

Main: Mu
Sub: Whoever I feel best with the new characters, they all look like fun. Also Tao, can never really leave her even though I can't play her decently.

Arc can't leave what was never really there in the first place. Seriously, there's a world of difference in activity between the two for "anime" games; I say that having started on 360.

SOLAR

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
You'll get him if you ordered. He's with all first print copies. Those are usually on a paper slip inside the game case.

So, question. I've never imported a game like this day one before. Do fighters usually have English text settings? I imagine it's not really necessary for fighters, but Blazblue does have a pretty beefy story mode.

Rhapsody

Banned
So, question. I've never imported a game like this day one before. Do fighters usually have English text settings? I imagine it's not really necessary for fighters, but Blazblue does have a pretty beefy story mode.

No, they usually don't. If they do, it's defaulted for the main menu and that's it.

BBCP trophy list is up http://www.exophase.com/game/blazblue-chronophantasma-trophy-ps3/trophies/

That Saya sprite... Even if that guarantees nothing, what a tease.

The main menu will likely have some English. Versus mode/online won't require Japanese to navigate effectively once you learn what each option does. If you want to understand what's going on in the Story mode then you will need some fluency in reading Japanese. I think most people are waiting for the NA version to play the story mode and just importing for the online. There are online resources and forums that do a pretty good job of explaining how things work if you want to read up on that.

RoeBear

The main menu will likely have some English. Versus mode/online won't require Japanese to navigate effectively once you learn what each option does. If you want to understand what's going on in the Story mode then you will need some fluency in reading Japanese. I think most people are waiting for the NA version to play the story mode and just importing for the online. There are online resources and forums that do a pretty good job of explaining how things work if you want to read up on that.
Kurushii from Dustloop is also going to do a translation guide for menus and such. The only real reason not to import is if you only care about story.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"Easier to do that when one doesn't main a weak/low tier character..."

People picking shitty characters isn't my fault.

I don't let that hold me back, it's all about maxing out the character and throwing people off guard!
The trick is to not pick shitty characters with no gimicks duh

MechaX

Of fucking course IRL friends start playing Extend right when this is about to come out. And I'm hella rusty to the point where I don't even remember anything about anything.

I know Extend isn't that good for a variety of reasons, but would I be wasting a lot of time if I were to practice some characters (most notably, Jin and Mu) in Extend for a little bit?

Rhapsody

Banned
Of fucking course IRL friends start playing Extend right when this is about to come out. And I'm hella rusty to the point where I don't even remember anything about anything.

I know Extend isn't that good for a variety of reasons, but would I be wasting a lot of time if I were to practice some characters (most notably, Jin and Mu) in Extend for a little bit?
It's not a waste of time imo. A lot of stuff transfers over. People might say otherwise but that's because they're too fixated on combos. It'll be easy to transition into BBCP if you just get the general idea of mobility and moves.

NEO0MJ

"People picking shitty characters isn't my fault."

I must know why you quote like this, Teknopathetic.

While I have no plans to import this, I'll probably play with Tager and Hakuman when this launches in the west, same characters I played since CT. Might try to explore every character again, though.

2 days left.

2 days to learn how to not eat every single overhead in blockstrings.

Kurushii from Dustloop is also going to do a translation guide for menus and such. The only real reason not to import is if you only care about story.

Yup, if you don't mind missing out on the story for now then it's worth it. Consider that the NA version won't be coming out till Q1 of 2014. And there should be plenty of people here to play with until NA release.

Bury

Neo Member
Some dude posted up some translations of some of the trophies
Anon said:
[Tutorial Mode] Clear tutorial mode
[Arcade mode] Clear arcade mode
[Score Attack] Clear with 200 million points or higher
[Highlander Assault?] Clear with all characters
[Unlimited Mars] Beat 10 opponents
[Training Mode] Spend 30 minutes in one single session
[Challenge] Clear 500 challenges
[Abyss] Clear 5 dungeons
[Story Mode] Clear episode 1
[Story Mode] Clear all episodes
[Gallery] Unlock 50% of the gallery
[Replay Theater] Watch a replay (with others or alone, not sure on this one)
[Network] Edit your D-Card
[Network] Gain a ranking online (Reach 1st dan?)
[Network] Win a player match
[Network] Have 3 people in a lobby?

Use an overdrive
Use Crush Trigger 100 times
Hit Bang with Crush Trigger 100 times
Throw Break 100 times
Use burst 100 times
View/Use? all Astral Heats
Use Amane's Astral against all the male characters
Use Relius's Astral against all the female characters
Welcome to BlazBlue!

Awesome. Doesn't look too bad

SoldnerKei

better quality pic... credit to whoever took it

Maining Jin btw
sub Litchi & Relius

that trophy list dosen't look that hard(at least the translated one), hopefully they won't come up with something regarding the items in the abyss again >_>

Its only for the people that end up buying a copy without the DLC code, he should be available day 1.

To put it another way, he's free until Kokonoe is out, then you need to pay to get him.

FFFFUUU. I had been planning on maining Amane for this new game because I love Akira Ishida's voice (this is after having mained Hazama and Rachel in the past), but I just watched Terumi and Kokonoe gameplay and now I don't fucking know what I'm going to do.

Top Bottom