• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Naite

Everytime I get an e-mail notification and it isn't from play-asia, I get just a little bit more tempted to spend a little extra on the digital version instead.

Local place sold me my copy a day early. They've been doing that for years now, but I guess they recently got in trouble so they technically can't do it anymore.

They made an exception just for me. <3

BXP1S9NCAAAkeG1.jpg:large

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
So jealous :<

Story mode spoilers are out on DL in case anyone who doesn't know Japanese wanna know what happens.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nothing from P-A this morning. Hope that means it comes Friday or this is going to be another JoJo's situation, where everyone gets the game the following week. Oh well, Batman's out on Friday.

Onemic

Play-Asia still hasn't shipped mine....I would cancel, but I already paid through paypal so I'm stuck with them. I probably won't get it until Monday :(

Bury

Neo Member
so, who watched the stream that just happened? I thought It was pretty good that we got to see alot more footage of kagura, terumi and kokopuffs but I was kinda dissapointed in the important announcement. I don't know what I expected, but I didn't really want an announcement of a loketest of xrd that we already knew about with characters we already expected. 80/100 it's okay

RoeBear

so, who watched the stream that just happened? I thought It was pretty good that we got to see alot more footage of kagura, terumi and kokopuffs but I was kinda dissapointed in the important announcement. I don't know what I expected, but I didn't really want an announcement of a loketest of xrd that we already knew about with characters we already expected. 80/100 it's okay

I watched it only thing I enjoyed was the Terumi matches, he looks really awesome.

Play-Asia hasn't sent out any copies yet :/

Shito

Don't know if I'll play the game really seriously, but I'm already spying on the facebook updates of my local import shop to try and fetch it as soon as possible.

*can't wait*

OK guys, I've been trying really hard to not get hyped for this game but now that I paid for it and should be shipping soon (I'm thinking tomorrow), I'm wayyy too excited. Hopefully the game will arrive on Monday.

edit: Has anyone figured out what Rachel's Lotus does? I see that they initially have a hit once it reaches the target but the bats keep on following them. Anything I should be aware of?

Rhapsody

Banned
OK guys, I've been trying really hard to not get hyped for this game but now that I paid for it and should be shipping soon (I'm thinking tomorrow), I'm wayyy too excited. Hopefully the game will arrive on Monday.

edit: Has anyone figured out what Rachel's Lotus does? I see that they initially have a hit once it reaches the target but the bats keep on following them. Anything I should be aware of?

22A affects vertical wind strength. 22B affects horizontal wind strength. Doing j.5D after 22B also makes you wind down and towards them.

It allows for some unique combos, but they aren't terribly useful. It gets more use as a zoning tool in matches.

Edit: My package shipped. Hopefully it'll be here Friday.

22A affects vertical wind strength. 22B affects horizontal wind strength. Doing j.5D after 22B also makes you wind down and towards them.

It allows for some unique combos, but they aren't terribly useful. It gets more use as a zoning tool in matches.

Edit: My package shipped. Hopefully it'll be here Friday.

Ah... that sounds... pretty useless. I've seen that Lotus combos were toned down lately so I guess the Iris is much better.

Mine still hasn't shipped yet so it's likely I won't receive it until Monday.

I think I'm just going to cancel and get the digital version tomorrow.

EDIT: Looks like I just screwed myself. I cancelled the order without checking the price on yen cards. Needless to say paying over $120 is too much. Seems that I won't be getting the game anytime soon.

I guess that's what I get for being impatient.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hm... apparently people have found a way to increase Tao's damage by 2k.

Edit: So Kokonoe's Persona color is Ulala while her BB color is Jubei.

Naite

EDIT: Looks like I just screwed myself. I cancelled the order without checking the price on yen cards. Needless to say paying over $120 is too much. Seems that I won't be getting the game anytime soon.

I was gonna go down this route, and then use whatever leftover money for the day 1 digital version of EXVS Full Boost. But my Steam code for Batman Arkham Origins came in this morning so I guess I'll be playing that for the next few days instead.

That's insane. I'm paying $125.00 shipped for the limited edition. Okay, I'm pretty insane too.

antibolo

Banned
Why oh why is there no online seller that sells Japan prepaid cards at cost?

Amazon sells 20$ US PSN cards for 20$, why can't the same thing exist for Japan??

I don't get it.

Tu101uk

Amazon sells 20$ US PSN cards for 20$, why can't the same thing exist for Japan??

I don't get it.
I take it it's for profit? Also, it might be harder to get hold of those JP cards, whereas the sellers for the US cards might be getting them cheaper in bulk. Who knows...

Bebpo

Banned
Is guard crush going to destroy the beginner community? Just thinking conceptually that if someone can just run up to a person blocking -> guard crush them -> 50% life combo x repeat...seems like it'll discourage new players.

Lokbob

Is guard crush going to destroy the beginner community? Just thinking conceptually that if someone can just run up to a person blocking -> guard crush them -> 50% life combo x repeat...seems like it'll discourage new players.

Well you can just barrier block them and they are pretty slow, beginners will mash 2a and hit you.

Tu101uk

Basically...
Well you can just barrier block them and they are pretty slow, beginners will mash 2a and hit you.
Also, it cost meter, no? So basically they'd have to spend at least 25%, maybe 75% for a combo with distortion ender.

Nyoro SF

What destroys a beginner community is poor matchmaking.

FluxWaveZ

Ugh still hasn't shipped from Play-Asia. Not going to preorder from them anymore.

This is only the second time I buy something from them, but I thought that I'd be getting CP in a timely fashion since I was pretty satisfied when I imported P4A from Play-Asia and received it a day early or the day of release.

Hasn't shipped on my side either, so I guess I'll be getting it next week. Will think twice about importing from them in the future.

Kincaido

Are you guys seriously expecting to get it this early when importing? It just officially came out like an hour ago in Japan.

FluxWaveZ

Are you guys seriously expecting to get it this early when importing? It just officially came out like an hour ago in Japan.

Is it unusual to get an import copy of a game on its day of release? I would have thought that it would be shipped before the game is officially released, like it's typically done by other online retailers, to assure a day 1 shipment. At least, that's what happened for me with Play-Asia and P4A.

Impossible more like. I didn't get Catherine until almost two weeks afterward.

I've said several times I got P4A on day 1 from them. Because of that, I didn't assume that was a rare exception.

Kincaido

Is it unusual to get an import copy of a game on its day of release? I would have thought that it would be shipped before the game is officially released, like it's typically done by other online retailers, to assure a day 1 shipment. At least, that's what happened for me with Play-Asia and P4A.

Yes. Play-Asia usually gets the game on release or day after (Not exactly sure when because time zones). They ship it and it usually arrives on Friday morning for people in the US that use FedEx.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Walked into WonderGOO this morning, ignored stacks of Blazblue, bought magazine and donuts instead. Stay mad FG fans.

(why didn't you guys just get digital?)

FluxWaveZ

Yes. Play-Asia usually gets the game on release or day after. They ship it and it usually arrives on Friday morning for people in the US that use FedEx.

Ah, well that's good to know for future reference then. Since I live in Canada, I probably shouldn't expect to receive it on Friday, though.

Lyte Edge

No one is expecting it early...we were expecting it to arrive on 10/24.

Yes. Play-Asia usually gets the game on release or day after (Not exactly sure when because time zones). They ship it and it usually arrives on Friday morning for people in the US that use FedEx.

No they don't. They typically start shipping games 1-2 days before the release date, and again because of the timezone differences, if you select Fedex or UPS shipping, the game should arrive on the day of release, I.E. on a Thursday.

I've been ordering from Play-Asia for a good eight or nine years now and this is only the second time this happened, following JoJo's ASB. I got Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate from them after JoJo's, which arrived promptly on Thursday, 9/24, early in the morning. Note that I am referring to the Japanese releases; Asian versions can come out a bit later.

FluxWaveZ

I've been ordering from Play-Asia for a good eight or nine years now and this is only the second time this happened, following JoJo's ASB. I got Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate from them after JoJo's, which arrived promptly on Thursday, 9/24, early in the morning. Note that I am referring to the Japanese releases; Asian versions can come out a bit later.

Oh, this sounds more accurate. It was surprising to think that the one time I ordered from them would have been an exception.

Kincaido

Yes. With the shipping and timezone differences, that doesn't matter.

No they don't. They typically start shipping games 1-2 days before the release date, and again because of the timezone differences, if you select Fedex or UPS shipping, the game should arrive on the day of release, I.E. on a Thursday.

I've been importing for 4 years from them and they always arrive Friday morning for me.

Kincaido

I guess your delivery service is slower to get where you are? I'm in Atlanta.

Most likely the case if you get yours on Thursdays. I live in Colorado. Still usually arrives before the weekend so not really a big deal to me.

Lyte Edge

I'm fine with the game coming on Friday. I just get the feeling we're all getting it next week. Hope I'm wrong!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

I don't get it.

I dunno if you guys are still gunning for this, but I wouldn't mind helping if you're happy to Paypal me the equivalent cash. I could pick up a prepaid card from pretty much anywhere out here, and PM you the code.

Top Bottom