• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

My PS3 shall collect dust no more.

Edit: Wait a sec... the import doesn't have English voices! I was super excited about D.C Douglas voicing Azrael. Dammit!

Rhapsody

Banned
My PS3 shall collect dust no more.

Edit: Wait a sec... the import doesn't have English voices! I was super excited about D.C Douglas voicing Azrael. Dammit!
Past Japanese versions of BB had both language options for fights (but not story)
They'll most likely be in again since its easier for compatibility for online.

kewlmyc

Boy do I miss production I.G. Not looking forward to the story mode cutscenes.

It doesn't look as bad as Gonzo though. The cutscenes in CS were awful. Is this still Gonzo? Doesn't look like it.

I won't say it sucks, but it's kinda boring.

Then again, I only Extend's opening and Calamity Trigger's opening to be any good.

as this been posted yet

Yes, but they're spoilers so they were posted as URLs instead of actual pictures.

Rhapsody

Banned
CT's still the best opening for me. Even though it was Gonzo, it was Gonzo with budget (and trying).
Iconoclast, Shinsou, and this new one are my favorites in terms of songs though.
It doesn't look as bad as Gonzo though. The cutscenes in CS were awful. Is this still Gonzo? Doesn't look like it.
Looks like the same studio as the one that's doing the anime.

ZenTzen

I won't say it sucks, but it's kinda boring.

Then again, I only Extend's opening and Calamity Trigger's opening to be any good.

Yes, but they're spoilers so they were posted as URLs instead of actual pictures.

nah these are from the guys doing the anime, teamKG and hoods entertainment

speaking of the openings CTs is still the best the animation was perfect there and the theme Ai Iconoclast just complimented it perfectly

If it's slow, you probably need to block high.
If it's really slow, you probably need to block low.
All other times, block low.

I always block low unless they are in the air or doing an overhead. My issue is reacting after seeing the overhead coming. Even when I see the startup of the animation I don't actually move my hand until after I get hit. Just something I need to spend some more time practicing which I have plenty of assuming the game arrives Thursday/Friday. It would be easier if I had someone to do it with considering the CPU at 100 seems to like attacking at random instead of high/low mixups on the ground.

The pacing is kind of strange. The animation doesn't seem to match up with the song at times like the climax towards the middle. I was kind of hoping it would be better considering how energetic the song is. After seeing the anime I have confidence that the story cutscenes will be a lot better than what we saw in CS.

I give it a 9/10 for the added Noel focus. :p

Astral

I thought the opening was good until it got to the chorus. The fights were just so slow. Extend's is still my favorite because of how good the animation was.

Tu101uk

Meh, the animated sequence was too long and subdued, and the song still doesn't beat CS1's Hekira no Sora e Izanaedo, which is also the best Astral theme in the series for me (gotta love me some KOTOKO).

Just put in 10000yen on my JP PSN account. ;3 Should be enough for the game (with Terumi DLC) + Noel Alt DLC + Kokonoe DLC, right? Glad we don't have to wait too long for Kokonoe, only a couple of weeks...

MechaX

Yeah, the OP was pretty standard stuff but when it got to the chorus, everything just got so off sync and the bad animation became that much more noticeable.

Like, I love the swing that Izayoi takes at Makoto, it looks so low budget/effort.

Astral

Yeah, the OP was pretty standard stuff but when it got to the chorus, everything just got so off sync and the bad animation became that much more noticeable.

Like, I love the swing that Izayoi takes at Makoto, it looks so low budget/effort.

Even more low budget was that tiny little tap, not even clash, of blades between Jin and Hazama. That made me laugh.

Fuck I regret seeing this. I probably wouldn't have seen that coming.

Same thing with the Jin vs Hazama scene.

I assumed the OP would have better animation since we know that the studio doing the anime is capable of some good stuff (see Bolverk summoning animation in episode 2).

Tu101uk

Same thing with the Jin vs Hazama scene.

I assumed the OP would have better animation since we know that the studio doing the anime is capable of some good stuff (see Bolverk summoning animation in episode 2).
They spent the entire series budget on that Bolverk scene, I swear Mori coerced them into doing it... :p

By the way, silly noobish question but when does PSN JP update for new releases?

3Kaze

Art isn't shitty like the anime but the animation is still pretty bad. Blazblue keeps getting half assed OP and that's kinda sad.

Rhapsody

Banned
They spent the entire series budget on that Bolverk scene, I swear Mori coerced them into doing it... :p

By the way, silly noobish question but when does PSN JP update for new releases?
For digital releases of games, it varies iirc. So there's no set time.

...Is Noel fighting herself (Mu-12) somehow in that trailer?

That said, CT and CSII were the best ones (in respect to both sequence and song choice).

Yeah, she's her own final boss in arcade mode iirc.

I guess this decreases the chance of
Saya
as playable character.

Also, I agree the OP felt kinda off and low budget in the animation. It felt like...

That's EXACTLY what it felt like

cj_iwakura

My favorite OP(and song) is CSII's. Best astral too.

All the arcade OPs are boss though.

Are we going to need a spoiler thread at this point? Yeesh, at least tag them.

FluxWaveZ

Ah geez, I'm pretty sure my copy hasn't shipped yet from Play-Asia. Wonder if I'll at least get it on release day (not that I'd be playing it anyways, but still).

Me either. This isn't looking good.

If it doesn't ship by tomorrow I'm definitely not getting it till Monday. There's a deduction listed on my card so I don't know what exactly is going to happen if I cancel.

I'd rather get the DD version day one and pick up the NA physical release later then wait till Monday to play this.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
It'll probably ship Thursday and arrive Friday morning as usual if you picked FedEx. No need to worry. That's how it usually is for me.

Kusano123

Neo Member
I guess this decreases the chance of
Saya
as playable character.

Also, I agree the OP felt kinda off and low budget in the animation. It felt like...

Looks as poorly animated as the tv anime, so It wouldn't be surprising if the op was done by same studio.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I never paid attention to the story in BB, so is Jin being kind of psycho in the anime the same as the game? The character never came off that way to me.

"I never paid attention to the story in BB, so is Jin being kind of psycho in the anime the same as the game? The character never came off that way to me."

It's (or was, in BBCT) a character specific interaction between Jin and Ragna. If you play a Jin/Ragna match, you'll hear Jin being psycho.

I never paid attention to the story in BB, so is Jin being kind of psycho in the anime the same as the game? The character never came off that way to me.

He acts that way towards Ragna
due to Yukianesa's (the sword) influence/manipulation. IIRC once he breaks its control near the end of CS the murderous facade falls and he and Ragna work together to defeat Mu. I believe that was temporary however as Jubei said once Jin's true power emerges (power of order and all that) he will become Ragna's greatest enemy. I'm assuming they are leaving this for the next game.

Cdjapan has my status as "in shipping process". Can't wait until that LE reaches my doorstep.

Now I'm regretting that I didn't order from there. Does Cdjapan usually ship this early? I don't think I've ever had play-asia ship early for me now that I think about it.

Rhapsody

Banned
Now I'm regretting that I didn't order from there. Does Cdjapan usually ship this early? I don't think I've ever had play-asia ship early for me now that I think about it.
I can't remember. It's been a long time since I've ordered from cdjapan. This might've been the first time in years, haha.

I've had PA ship early for me. And since I'm WC, I've had it reach me in a day or so with Fedex.

Kumubou

So I managed to get 7500 yen in my JP PSN account... but the game and the Kokonoe DLC is 7700 yen. Welp!

The sad thing is... I'm not even sure who I'm going to play. I tend to play fairly linear, offensive characters in anime fighters. I played a lot of Makoto in CS2, but she was so goddamn bad in Extend that I ended up dropping her (and the game) and she still seems some combination of rather limited and missing damage. I've had a couple of people suggest Tao, but I never really got around to learning how she works (but that could just be an issue of time/experience). Part of me wants to learn Bullet in Stylish mode just for the deep trolling opportunities... or maybe I could just actually spend some time with the game and figure it out.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
"I never paid attention to the story in BB, so is Jin being kind of psycho in the anime the same as the game? The character never came off that way to me."

It's (or was, in BBCT) a character specific interaction between Jin and Ragna. If you play a Jin/Ragna match, you'll hear Jin being psycho.
He acts that way towards Ragna
due to Yukianesa's (the sword) influence/manipulation. IIRC once he breaks its control near the end of CS the murderous facade falls and he and Ragna work together to defeat Mu. I believe that was temporary however as Jubei said once Jin's true power emerges (power of order and all that) he will become Ragna's greatest enemy. I'm assuming they are leaving this for the next game.

Thanks guys. I never really used either Jin or Ragna, so this went completely unnoticed!

Amiami just told me they are in stock. Just made my payment so I'm assuming the rest of you will get yours soon. See u guys online in about a week or so!

Top Bottom