• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

This makes no sense. All you need to do is just... stay there to stay in the corner, right?

I'm not asking how to stay in the corner, I'm asking if it's possible to start already in the corner.

I've heard you can do it in Marvel and SG, so I was wondering if you could in BB as well.

Does anyone know of any strategies against a Mu using Stylish mode (I use Mu/Tao/Bang)? There's one guy at our arcade that uses that and it's fucking annoying -.-

Yeah, but the problem is that with it he fills the screen with Mu's crystal laser things which just make it annoying, and Mu's DP is pretty good so that's one more annoying thing to take care about :/

Also, there's the problem that I don't have the game myself nor can I ever actually just practice my combos (and I REALLY need that with Tao) since the cab is never alone, so I'm just doing 2K at most (except with Bang) while he does 4k in the corner with just two buttons -__-

Yeah, but the problem is that with it he fills the screen with Mu's crystal laser things which just make it annoying, and Mu's DP is pretty good so that's one more annoying thing to take care about :/

Also, there's the problem that I don't have the game myself nor can I ever actually just practice my combos (and I REALLY need that with Tao) since the cab is never alone, so I'm just doing 2K at most (except with Bang) while he does 4k in the corner with just two buttons -__-

She's really weak to pressure. Her DP has priority over a lot of moves but it's short and has really bad recovery so bait it and make him afraid of using it. Her laser crystals disappear on hit, so you have to keep pressuring her. Also, as long as you keep moving, the lasers should miss you. Bang and Tao should be pretty strong against her.

You may want to give us a little more detail on what the biggest problem is against her.

Honestly, the biggest problem is how much I suck with Mu right now, so that hurts in mirror matches vs a simple mode one -.- I haven't tried Tao or Bang against him yet, didn't get the chance and I wanted to practice Mu, but next time I'll see how I fare with them.

Oh, and unrelated to that, fuck good Arakunes, I'm fucking free to them in this version D:

Edit: Is there anything I could practice in CSII that would help for Extend? God damn Mexican retailers not stocking the game :/

cj_iwakura

Me and a friend played some CT yesterday.

Why isn't that announcer DLC? She's still the best, and the only one who can actually pronounce the names correctly.

Also, 'Ac-SHUN!'

Well, every time this Arakune curses me I pretty much lose the round within the next 10 seconds if he gets a hit, so I have a pretty good reason to be scared >.>

Still, he can't hit me if I'm hitting him, yeah. The fucking bugs though...

Nyoro SF

Arakune has this BS move where he summons a bug directly behind you. Curses you and leads into combos. It's like the only players that can beat him are ones who are just absolutely relentless in pressure.

Fugu

Nope. Stay away from Arakune. Don't do anything stupid. If you have a projectile, hit him with it. Wait until he gives you an opportunity to pressure him, and then once you've been given an opportunity, make sure you don't get out of his face without getting a really good hit. You can't win against Arakune at neutral because if you get cursed, you should lose. Never ever jump in against Arakune, and don't try to fight him in the air because you probably won't win.

You win against Arakune by making it as scary as possible for him to use any bees.

That...is going to be quite hard for me ^^;

I'll certainly keep everything in mind though, thanks.

Oh right, last question, did Mu change enough from CSII to Extend so that I can't practice anything useful (BnBs for example) in CSII since I don't have Extend?

Nyoro SF

Nope. Stay away from Arakune. Don't do anything stupid. If you have a projectile, hit him with it. Wait until he gives you an opportunity to pressure him, and then once you've been given an opportunity, make sure you don't get out of his face without getting a really good hit. You can't win against Arakune at neutral because if you get cursed, you should lose. Never ever jump in against Arakune, and don't try to fight him in the air because you probably won't win.

You win against Arakune by making it as scary as possible for him to use any bees.

My fights against Arakune usually go something like this when I used Lambda/nu-13.

1) He jumps back and summons a cloud that prevents me from jumping.
2) I try to pressure with the usual standing sword summons from maximum range.
3) He sneaks close and summons that bug that bites you in the ankles and I get cursed. Or he just keeps doing it until I let my guard down. It doesn't help that this stupid shadowy blob can keep doing it over and over.
4) I lose.
5) Before I lose, I get hit with a 100+ hit combo involving a diverse array of insects featured in the Encyclopedia Britannica.

However this little sequence of operations doesn't occur when I see Noel/Jin/Ragna/Litchi players just absolutely rush his shit down. Basically if he can't land the curse he can't win, such an annoying all or nothing character. He's one of the main reasons I've quit this game twice.

Fugu

Lambda has to use her superior forward dash, act parser and gravity well a lot in that fight. It's not a good one for her at all.

Onemic

Just coming in again to see if the PSN community is active or not. I got GG reload for the PC from my buddy and I love the thing, unfortunately almost no one is online(have the net patch installed). I'm only assuming since arc makes both games the gameplay would be similar? P4A is coming out in August and I think I would be able to drop 30 bucks on this if the community is active enough to make the purchase worth it.

Onemic

woah, the game is nowhere near the price I thought it was. My local EB games is selling it for 44 bucks, and Amazon is selling it for pretty much the same thing with shipping and duty fees. Didn't this game come out like over a year ago? Why haven't they lowered the price?

woah, the game is nowhere near the price I thought it was. My local EB games is selling it for 44 bucks, and Amazon is selling it for pretty much the same thing with shipping and duty fees. Didn't this game come out like over a year ago? Why haven't they lowered the price?

The game came four months ago.

What makes the online great exactly? Good netcode?
The game has a built in input buffer. You combine that with chains and the gameplay becomes much easier to handle in less than desirable online connections. The online system for the game is pretty good as well. I think CT was the best, but it's still good for Extend.

BlazBlue would probably be the gold standard if it used GGPO. I haven't played that much online lately, but the game tends to have an active playerbase online too thanks to all the lobby options. Japan is crazy about online play on BB though. I usually spot three to four JP only lobbies full of people(3-4 bar requirements on too).

Fugu

The game has a built in input buffer. You combine that with chains and the gameplay becomes much easier to handle in less than desirable online connections. The online system for the game is pretty good as well. I think CT was the best, but it's still good for Extend.

BlazBlue would probably be the gold standard if it used GGPO. I haven't played that much online lately, but the game tends to have an active playerbase online too thanks to all the lobby options. Japan is crazy about online play on BB though. I usually spot three to four JP only lobbies full of people(3-4 bar requirements on too).
GGPO wouldn't work as well for BB as the current netcode does. The current netcode deliberately does not use rollbacks as the input buffer takes care of a lot of minor latency issues that rollbacks are usually used to correct. As well, while this is subjective, I'm sure that many would agree that GGPO becomes unplayable at a lower ping than BB's netcode does, which is good because I would estimate that a significant percentage of the matches played fall around the 100-200ms area.

Desire to set controller down and watch when fighting Ragnas rising. Fricking pressure.
Ragna's overheads are shit. You can just block, punish or throw 6B (or just, like, walk away from it) and you can DP gauntlet hades. Check the frames on your AA; you may be able to do that too as Tsubaki's AA is bonkers. Given that, you should probably just block low a lot of the time. The most important thing to do is to watch what your particular Ragna player does after 5B; a lot of Ragnas won't even bother confirming 5B and do 5B 6B (this is a big gimmick of Lieutenant's), which means if you hold back after 5B you'll save yourself the trouble of having to take the ridiculous amount of damage that 5B goes into. Watch out for dumb grabs, too, as stagger (i don't know what the move is called, but people do it for meterless oki in the corner) into grab is very popular and also very weak. If you block a drive move, this is probably your chance to hit him. There are some circumstances in which he can DP and punish you for punishing him -- such as when your punish involves a dash or Ragna has 50 heat -- but most of the time you should be golden. Ragna's pressure isn't actually all that great. What makes it scary is that he only really has to land a couple of hits.

Because no one turns out for it. BB's online is so damn good there's no live action. :(

And it's a lot different from GG.
Nobody turns out for BB because there's this air around the community that makes them feel like they're not playing BB because they want to, but because they have to due to the apparent death of GG. So instead of playing BB or GG, they reluctantly and occasionally play BB, all the while bitching about how inferior it is to GG. It sucks to be around these people and it makes you not want to get better at the game due to the fact that these people who are bitching about the game so prolifically are also generally the best at it. If they don't want to play the game, why would I?

cj_iwakura

I think I just suck at punishing in general. Feels like once a Ragna gets started, it's more or less over, unless he drops a combo.

Fugu

If you don't feel comfortable punishing outright, IAD backwards (or forwards, but this is dangerous) and use the opportunity just to get some breathing room. Note, however, that Tsubaki isn't going to win too many poking wars against Ragna, so you're going to have to learn how to punish eventually.

Man, I wish I could actually have the console version and play with you guys right now. Seriously, I just spent all afternoon playing at the arcade and I feel on fire from how much I leveled up with Mu. If this was an RPG I probably would've gotten enough EXP to skip a couple of levels.

It's amazing what some time in the lab can do (thanks to the guy that let me borrow his Vita version for a while). Now I can combo from my anti-airs and get 2k+ some oki, I don't place the laser crystals at random and without purpose anymore, and I can convert pretty much most hits I get in the corner into a 3-5k combo now depending on meter. I just need mixups now...

And weird thing from my arcade, the intro is definitely CSII's, the title screen says II and not Extend, but everything else is unmistakably CSEX o_0

Fugu

And weird thing from my arcade, the intro is definitely CSII's, the title screen says II and not Extend, but everything else is unmistakably CSEX o_0
American cabinets use the non-NESCIA version of CSII, for which there is an update to CSEX. This update, for some reason, does not include the new title card, nor does it have the new intro.

The thing about punishing Milk is that... well, his pressure is entirely gapless until it's unsafe, so you can just hold back and mash A and you'll get him eventually so long as you don't block in the wrong direction. On second thought, 3C might be a frame trap. I'm not sure.

I've been sort of burned out on the game lately. I'll play you later in the week if I have time, though.

cj_iwakura

So I'm thinking of starting up an online BlazBlue[CSE] tourney even though all of ten people are liable to turn out between here and other boards, let me know if there's interest.

Could become a weekly thing if interest keeps up.

Fugu

The last BB tournament ended with me in the winner's finals after having sent Prototype and ApolloJoe to losers'. We should finish that one first.

Top Bottom