• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

kirblar

Yeah, need to switch to stick. Got to Trial 5 or 6 with Ragna and I can pull off the cancels just fine, but going tatsu motion -> DP I'm just missing the diagonal input every time.

Good thing is that the stricter execution requirements should help train me for other games- SF/Marvel have made me kinda "loose".

remz

The Tsubaki community's always been very helpful to me.

I think it differs from subforum to subforum, to be quite honest. never had any issue looking up Bang stuff when I was trying to play BB seriously, and there was always good stuff for ABA back in the day, from memory.

NEO0MJ

With some characters it seems that an enthusiastic player pre/early release wanted to be the first to make a thread for a character he was interested in but then either dropped the character or was just too lazy to update the thread.

OmegaZero

Grah, can't do Hazama's TK loop.
I keep jumping backwards after 2C instead of doing j.214B.

And when I can connect the j.214 successfully, I can't follow up with the dashing 5C to repeat the loop (I keep doing it too late somehow).

Hex

Banned
WOoT!
Got my LE of Extend in today.

Looks like I am going to try and narrow down between Rachel, Hazama, or Carl.
Will be locked in training and teaching modes for a while, really have to get used to the change from SF.

Going hunting for some good vids also.

Fugu

With some characters it seems that an enthusiastic player pre/early release wanted to be the first to make a thread for a character he was interested in but then either dropped the character or was just too lazy to update the thread.
The moderator of the Litchi forums is the one who manages all of the stickies. He's a great Litchi player (The best in North America), but his interest in helping low to mid-level players -- the ones who need the help -- is limited and fleeting. And then people ask stupid questions, to which the good players respond to the effect of "this is a stupid question". But of course they're going to ask "stupid" questions, because they don't have any information.

For example, in CS1 the Itsuu loop was posted without any information of how to do it, including that the version as written didn't work on a fourth of the cast without inserting a barrier (yes, barrier in a combo) and that it didn't work on most of the cast without delaying one of the inputs. So, invariably, people asked how to do the combo, and it took until about a couple of months before CS2 came out for them to give a clear explanation. By then, of course, people had learned the combo themselves (it took me no less than four months to learn how to do the Itsuu loop properly), but that meant that enough people had quit for a stupid reason and it meant a ton of time taken away from talking about blockstrings, matchups and other more significant elements of learning how to play a character.

EDIT: I should say that in some respects, it's gotten better (this thread is great). But in others, it is pretty plain to see how poor the coverage is.

kirblar

Going through the opening challenges for the cast to find a character I like. (In theory, I'd like to play Rachel eventually, but zoning requires a lot of system knowledge I don't have yet.)

Jin was by far the easiest to catch onto - he's very much more in the shoto vein than his brother.

Going through the opening challenges for the cast to find a character I like. (In theory, I'd like to play Rachel eventually, but zoning requires a lot of system knowledge I don't have yet.)

Jin was by far the easiest to catch onto - he's very much more in the shoto vein than his brother.

I'm just gonna tell you now, Rachel isn't a real zoner.

Busaiku

So when are people usually on?
I usually get a chance to play in the night, but then I'm only finding Japanese matches.

I really need to learn how to play games, and Persona 4 Arena isn't helping.
That autocombo has ruined my life.

So when are people usually on?
I usually get a chance to play in the night, but then I'm only finding Japanese matches.

I really need to learn how to play games, and Persona 4 Arena isn't helping.
That autocombo has ruined my life.

If you post in here that you're looking to play at a certain time, we can probably get some games in.

And of course, if you see me online I'm probably up for some games, too.

TheGreatReptar

Neo Member
Rachel has a really unique style. She has insanely fast high/low mixups with jump>2D>j.A/j.B, although she hardly gets anything off those mixups except a knockdown with pumpkin/frog out. Post knockdown, she's incredibly strong because of frog/pumpkin oki. George locks the opponent down entirely, giving you a free mixup, and Pumpkin can help start pressure somewhat safely and can extend it too.

Her pressure, combos, and mixups are all limited by her wind though. Things like her j.A mixups sound really good, until you realize they may not be worth the wind meter since you won't have wind to get anything good off of your post-knockdown mixup.

I really only see Rachel players switch to zoning when they're low on wind, since while her 236X projectiles cover a lot of space with their arcs, you can't really get anything off of them in most situations.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yo Jim, I'm on 360, and I can find time to play tomorrow night if you want. I haven't played in months though, so I'll be rusty as hell.

Fugu

Rachel has a really unique style. She has insanely fast high/low mixups with jump>2D>j.A/j.B, although she hardly gets anything off those mixups except a knockdown with pumpkin/frog out. Post knockdown, she's incredibly strong because of frog/pumpkin oki. George locks the opponent down entirely, giving you a free mixup, and Pumpkin can help start pressure somewhat safely and can extend it too.

Her pressure, combos, and mixups are all limited by her wind though. Things like her j.A mixups sound really good, until you realize they may not be worth the wind meter since you won't have wind to get anything good off of your post-knockdown mixup.

I really only see Rachel players switch to zoning when they're low on wind, since while her 236X projectiles cover a lot of space with their arcs, you can't really get anything off of them in most situations.
Your avatar might just be the most recognizable I know.

Esura

Banned
Any Noel players who down for a few matches sometimes can hit me up on PSN.

Esura.

What better way to properly learn Noel than to see her in action in a hands of a decent player.

Top Bottom