• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He was no more brain dead than Nu-13.
Old curse was just fine. I mean you had to hit them once to get bees, Nu could summon swords without even needing to touch you.
Devs were playing favorites :mad:

As much as people complain about Nu she's a very technical character at high level. There is a reason there was only a few really good ones and a bunch of shiity bandwagon nu's. She's not even on top of the best characters in the game list she's at the bottom. She's a great scrub killer character though.

RoeBear

I've been wondering is BBCP considered as fast as P4A? Playing P4A then going to BBCSEX is killing me since the overall movement just seems so sluggish.

Fugu

I feel like posting a video with Taokaka is disingenuous.

...Having said that, the game is far faster than P4A. Hell, I think CSEX is far faster than P4A.

solid mike

I'm looking for a new fighting game by ArcSys and was thinking of getting either P4A or BBCSE for PS3. Which do you recommend and why?

Fugu

It's hard to recommend buying either of them right now.

P4A is a horrible game that I hated more than any fighting game I've ever played.
BB:CSEX is a mediocre, outdated revision of a great game.

Seriously, buy CSEX if you don't mind having to pay $40 next year and you're alright with playing online. It's a great fighter that just happens to be horribly mismanaged by the company that publishes it.

EDIT: I actually play this game a lot. In fact, I'm playing it right now. It's just frustrating because it is so poorly managed.

solid mike

It's hard to recommend buying either of them right now.

P4A is a horrible game ...

Seriously, buy CSEX if you don't mind having to pay $40 next year and you're alright with playing online. It's a great fighter that just happens to be horribly mismanaged by the company that publishes it...

I knew it. Had a gut feel that P4A wasn't inferior compared to BB. I've never played BB and I'm glad this CSE version contains all the characters. It's only $20 brand new at the store so I'm thinking of getting it in the weekend. Do people still play online though? Don't mind getting my ass handed to me as long as I learn.

RoeBear

I knew it. Had a gut feel that P4A wasn't inferior compared to BB. I've never played BB and I'm glad this CSE version contains all the characters. It's only $20 brand new at the store so I'm thinking of getting it in the weekend. Do people still play online though? Don't mind getting my ass handed to me as long as I learn.

P4A is 22.50 on PSN right now. Both the games are pretty equal in my opinion I've been playing P4A more lately. If you want more of a game where people aren't going to outright beat you every time choose P4A. P4A also has more beginner friendly systems. Most everyone that still plays BB are incredibly good and can beat you with most of the cast.

solid mike

P4A is 22.50 on PSN right now. Both the games are pretty equal in my opinion I've been playing P4A more lately. If you want more of a game where people aren't going to outright beat you every time choose P4A. P4A also has more beginner friendly systems. Most everyone that still plays BB are incredibly good and can beat you with most of the cast.

I'm just a little bothered with P4A's small roster. For me, a fighting game's replayability relies heavily on roster size. Tekken Tag 2 is an exception with all those clones. I'm also intrigued by BB's unique designs.

RoeBear

I'm just a little bothered with P4A's small roster. For me, a fighting game's replayability relies heavily on roster size. Tekken Tag 2 is an exception with all those clones. I'm also intrigued by BB's unique designs.

BB has that big roster size and most everyone is completely unique. I'd pick BB over P4A but if you're new to air dashers I'd say P4A is a better choice. I really just wanted to add a dissenting opinion because I like to be different.

Fugu

P4A's imbalanced roster and AAAAA make the game more friendly for beginners but BB is still plenty friendly. It has the most comprehensive in-game tutorial outside of Virtua Fighter and plenty of bad players still playing it.

Ken

Trying to learn Jin but his Sekkaijin into 66 whatever is giving me a hard time. What's the secret to it? I know it pops up on the 8th hit but is it dash cancelable too? I'll stop hitting C on the 8th hit and try to dash but it all feels really clunky or doesn't even come out.

cj_iwakura

I'm looking for a new fighting game by ArcSys and was thinking of getting either P4A or BBCSE for PS3. Which do you recommend and why?

From a story perspective, BBCSE covers the entire arc of the series, and it's a good story. P4A's requires you to have played P3/P4, and throws you right into the deep end.

As for the online, I play often, as do many. Tutorial is great as well. You'll get all the playstyles in P4 and then some.

solid mike

From a story perspective, BBCSE covers the entire arc of the series, and it's a good story. P4A's requires you to have played P3/P4, and throws you right into the deep end.

As for the online, I play often, as do many. Tutorial is great as well. You'll get all the playstyles in P4 and then some.

Thanks. I only played like 1/4 of Persona 3, the portable version at that, then the UMD got busted. Never played Persona 4. Definitely getting BBCSE soon.

RoeBear

Do people actually prefer saying the actual move names instead of number notation? I mean I know the game pretty well and I only know Carl's allegretto move name. I mean am I strange for not caring what anyone's move is called?

Ken

Do people actually prefer saying the actual move names instead of number notation? I mean I know the game pretty well and I only know Carl's allegretto move name. I mean I am I strange for not caring what anyone's move is called?

I say it because idunno how many Cs I should put lol. I guess 5CC?

RoeBear

I say it because idunno how many Cs I should put lol. I guess 5CC?

Oh haha yeah that move I have no clue how to explain it it's kinda like mashing an all out attack for P4A. Just practice and eventually your body will know what to do.

Fugu

Do people actually prefer saying the actual move names instead of number notation? I mean I know the game pretty well and I only know Carl's allegretto move name. I mean am I strange for not caring what anyone's move is called?
I find long combos notated as inputs nigh unreadable.

Ken

man i'm no good
are you guys importing bbcp?

oh yeah ggs. i got dc'd a second time and i don't think playing against me was very fun so i took the dc as a sign to leave.

solid mike

So I just watched some gameplay vids of CP. Seriously, they removed Noel's beret? I loved that. Now she looks incredibly generic.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I just watched some gameplay vids of CP. Seriously, they removed Noel's beret? I loved that. Now she looks incredibly generic.
Idk I think she looks a lot more elegant with it off. Shows her characters movements better with the hair being in the animations now

RoeBear

It has a lot of start up invincibility I think so that makes it good imo.

Edit: The characters I use have no true DP's, Relius is the closest to having one and his is awful.

cj_iwakura

Does anyone have any experience with Izayoi? I may to go Evo for CP if it makes it next year, but I'm worried about Tsubaki's viability after getting mutilated at a local tournament. I wonder if she's even remotely similar.

NEO0MJ

Does anyone have any experience with Izayoi? I may to go Evo for CP if it makes it next year, but I'm worried about Tsubaki's viability after getting mutilated at a local tournament. I wonder if she's even remotely similar.

From what I saw she's very Different, it's like comparing between Noel and Mu-12.

Fugu

It has a lot of start up invincibility I think so that makes it good imo.

Edit: The characters I use have no true DP's, Relius is the closest to having one and his is awful.
It might be the worst true DP due to its hitbox and ridiculous recovery. Even some of the pseudo DPs (like Mu's) are better.

Relius is lucky to get what he does considering his ability to control space.

Top Bottom