• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Sooo buyin this...

Really wanted to like the first one but had terrible experiences online with broken ass characters... that bitch that rapes you from across the screen...
was not fun at all... a complete and total turn off

This update, on the other hand, sounds fucking awesome. cant wait.

Coeliacus

OmnipotentO said:
Sooo buyin this...

Really wanted to like the first one but had terrible experiences online with broken ass characters... that bitch that rapes you from across the screen...
This game has frustrating match ups too, but no one nearly as basic to play as Nu... well let's see what bastardry these new characters bring to the table first.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
QisTopTier said:
:lol maybe panda will have a new main :lol
PLATINATHETRINNITY.jpg
4uc80p.jpg

my reaction to her three personalities

Platinum's pupils are heart shaped. :lol

Anyway, interested in seeing how all three DLC characters play, hopefully they all have their own storyline.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
God dammit, Panda!

Your "moe" fetish is so predictable yet I can't help but laugh every time. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
God dammit, Panda!

Your "moe" fetish is so predictable yet I can't help but laugh every time. :lol
i take offense to that!
its a lifestyle, not a fetish. :3

I don't even know what's going to be worse getting thoroughly beaten by that character. Or getting beaten without being able to retaliate much.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't wait to 720 her.

But really, I've been wanting Valkenhayn for awhile, excited to see how he plays.

I was hoping that
Relius
would be one of the DLC characters. I like his design and his back story seems interesting.

Hopefully he'll make part three.

remz

Fuuuck. All this work as Hazama and i'm probably going to ditch him the second Valkenhayn comes out. What a badass.

Bring back Dandy Step!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hope all these DLC characters are fully-playable in all modes.

You can't use Mu in arcade.

Drac

-DarKaoZ- said:
A young girl with three personalities named Luna, Sena, and Platinum. Luna is a young, sweet girl. Sena is a young, mean boy. Platinum is the spirit of the sixth hero, but can't come out often and has to fade quickly.l

So that's who "she" is... I just started story mode with Ragna and was wondering who this new comic relief was. Only saw the first two personalities in action but if this thing has 2 different play style you switch with a D command depending of the personality in play and the Astral Finish use the sixth hero one, that'd be fucking cool :eek:.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
Hope all these DLC characters are fully-playable in all modes.

You can't use Mu in arcade.

Already announced Nu will be ranked only (considering she's unlimited, that makes sense)

I think the Aksys FAQ said Makoto would be avaliable in ranked.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
OmnipotentO said:
Sooo buyin this...

This update, on the other hand, sounds fucking awesome. cant wait.

I swear to god, does no one know how to fucking block :lol Guess what lamda is even gayer have fun!

remz

QisTopTier said:
I swear to god, does no one know how to fucking block :lol Guess what lamda is even gayer have fun!
Lambda's cheese is better then Nu's cheese. Playing against vanilla Nu is a special kind of frustration

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
remz said:
Lambda's cheese is better then Nu's cheese. Playing against vanilla Nu is a special kind of frustration
Eh I always looked forward to a good nu it made you think fast she only had so many mix ups. Jumping and blocking literally stopped most of her ground traps. The reason why lambda is retarded as hell is now even if you block everything perfect... you are gonna eat dmg as she is the goddess of guard libra breaking. Her new move is stupid too :lol

Besides Nu wasnt that bad rachel is more annoying, carl only lets you mess up once, and arakune....... well if he curses you he had unblockable set ups xD

It's like people that cry about Nu never fought against high level players of the other top cast members :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
remz said:
Tbh, I never played against a clap trap carl, so yeah, maybe you're right ahahaha.

I did play against one clap trapper. I ate it enough to hate it, but was still easier then your average Nu.

remz

My first vs. game of BB ever was against a much more experianced Nu, so that probably explains my hate towards her.

Rachel being absolutely nerfed through the floor is so weird in comparison to say, Lambda or Arakune, who just had their shit shuffled. I kind of miss the ole flying vampire loli now in CS, now she's become the timeout warrior

kiryogi

Banned
My hate with nu was probably all Tre'. I really don't know what to say about his skill level in the end, but christ at least on the psn gaf side of things he gave us a lot of issues early on.

Hyphen

remz said:
Fuuuck. All this work as Hazama and i'm probably going to ditch him the second Valkenhayn comes out. What a badass.

Bring back Dandy Step!

I've been anticipating using Hazama since I first saw him, and Continuum Shift was annouunced for PS3. Now, after seeing Valkenhayn, I'm thinking of ditching Hazama too. :D

New loli chick sounds cool. But I'll hold back further comments until I see some gameplay. And I don't think we can call trap unless somebody confirms penis first. I think.

All I can think about is how much of Valkenhayn's move set contains Pile Bunkers. But I know he's gonna be the shit. That's gonna be a sad day when I have to drop my Hazama training for this guy.

But the DLC does serve everyone. If you need 70% Scantily Clad Furry Squirrel who's already Rule 34'd, it's here. Need a Techincal Loli Trap, we got that too. And if you need a OG Vampire to kick ass with, then we cover that base too.

I'm really starting to reconsider that I didn't import a PS3 LE when I had the chance. That eBay markup game is gonna be lovely.

USD

akachan ningen said:
That's what I was thinking. He looks like a mix of Walter and Slayer.
Slayer was so badass. I loved his "I'm not knocked out, just taking a break" KO sprite.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Papercuts said:
fkuutj.jpg

Atleast this awesomeness is confirmed. :lol

Oh hi not-Slayer.

Anyway, definitely picking this up. Been wanting to get into BlazBlue for a long time now. Seems this is my best chance.

Degen

QisTopTier said:
LOOOOOL my god.... should I just use her to piss you all off :lol maybe panda will have a new main :lol

PLATINATHETRINNITY.jpg
*shakes fist to the sky
aaaaAAAAAKSYYYYYYYYYYS

Some of us are still trying to convince our friends to buy this!!

Drac

Degen said:
*shakes fist to the sky
aaaaAAAAAKSYYYYYYYYYYS

Some of us are still trying to convince our friends to buy this!!

If they don't see why they should buy this game, they don't deserve your friendship !

ReXXXSoprano said:
New loli chick sounds cool. But I'll hold back further comments until I see some gameplay. And I don't think we can call trap unless somebody confirms penis first. I think.

All I can think about is how much of Valkenhayn's move set contains Pile Bunkers. But I know he's gonna be the shit. That's gonna be a sad day when I have to drop my Hazama training for this guy.

But the DLC does serve everyone. If you need 70% Scantily Clad Furry Squirrel who's already Rule 34'd, it's here. Need a Techincal Loli Trap, we got that too. And if you need a OG Vampire to kick ass with, then we cover that base too.

I'm really starting to reconsider that I didn't import a PS3 LE when I had the chance. That eBay markup game is gonna be lovely.

You and I are in the same boat my friend...

Q8D3vil

wtf is this shit :(

now my friend will make fun of me whenever i told them to buy it :(

question : did they fix the characters balance from the arcade versions ?!

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
question : did they fix the characters balance from the arcade versions ?!

For my understanding they did, but I'm not 100% sure. Yet if there is something that is really unbalance, then they will fix it with a patch.

Varion

-DarKaoZ- said:
Here is the high res art for guys, I just found them.

manly butler
miniskirt loli
Yesssssssssssssss.

I dunno who I'm gonna main now, but I don't think it'll be Arakune anymore.

So they've got the stripperific furry fans, the loli magical fans, and the badass butler grampa fans.

Guess they're trying to cover all their bases with this DLC.

Makoto and Platina look so out of place, Platina looks like someone from Arcana Heart or something, not complaining if the characters are fun to play anyway.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Makoto doesn't look that out of place. Platina does to me- for some reason I'm expecting her to play like Zappa.

I hope Valkenheim plays different from Slayer.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
QisTopTier said:
60% I played against had no idea how to block.... 4D with Nu alone made most matches free because scrubs couldn't be bothers to stand AND block at the same time.

Guard Libra? pfff

Top Bottom