• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
_dementia said:
from
uJYZz.png

to
ioEwE.png

OP updated for newcomers.

Thank you for hooking us up with the art, -DarKaoZ-

No problem! If you need any help graphically for the thread or anything tell me, I would gladly help out.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
DLC Characters... heh... Nah fuck that I am not paying for an incomplete game this time. Seems like I won't be joining BB-GAF this time around.

(Are the DLC in one package or individual?)

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Relix said:
DLC Characters... heh... Nah fuck that I am not paying for an incomplete game this time. Seems like I won't be joining BB-GAF this time around.

(Are the DLC in one package or individual?)

You are not buying an incomplete game, BBCS only has Hazama and Tsubaki as new characters, you are buying the Arcade release with story and lots of new modes. All this characters are just EXTRAS and each character will be sold separately.

Volcynika

Yeah, screw buying characters, I'd rather buy costumes!

I have not bought a costume and I won't. Fine with buying new content like a character though

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
-DarKaoZ- said:
You are not buying an incomplete game, BBCS only has Hazama and Tsubaki as new characters, you are buying the Arcade release with story and lots of new modes. All this characters are just EXTRAS and each character will be sold separately.

Yep, and if you aren't interested in playing with the character, you can still play online with peeps that bought the dlc. It's not like the usual DLC for FPS, for example.

-DarKaoZ- said:
plus you get mu-12 as well!

Wow 7 new characters...

I felt burned by the first game, but I absolutely LOVED it, its just I expected much better balance, especially from Arc systems who were known for it with the Guilty Gear series.

If the balance is there this time count me in.,

ILikeFeet

Banned
don't mind the loli. but are we certain that it's personality and not body features?

don't even know why I'm posting here, I don't own a ps3 or a 360 :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
-DarKaoZ- said:

I couldn't care less about BB's story :lol . Never beat the previous game either. Was painful really. I know there are new modes, and balance changes, and of course some core changes as well but I just can't find the justification to shell $40 for 3 characters (one essentially the change) and be expected to pay some more for more DLC characters. I don't really like that model in fighting games.

My purchase will depend on how many friends get it haha.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Relix said:
I couldn't care less about BB's story :lol . Never beat the previous game either. Was painful really. I know there are new modes, and balance changes, and of course some core changes as well but I just can't find the justification to shell $40 for 3 characters (one essentially the change) and be expected to pay some more for more DLC characters. I don't really like that model in fighting games.

My purchase will depend on how many friends get it haha.

I just hope you aren't one of those who buy DLC Maps for FPS, because then you will be contradicting yourself. :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Arpharmd B said:
Wow 7 new characters...

I felt burned by the first game, but I absolutely LOVED it, its just I expected much better balance, especially from Arc systems who were known for it with the Guilty Gear series.

If the balance is there this time count me in.,
It took Aksys a LONG, LONG time to get Guilty Gear to where it is right now. If anything, I have more faith in them to be proactive and actually get issues fixed than anyone else when it comes to fighting games.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'm ok with the DLC- because I am assuming if the DLC wasn't offered, they'd just release a 3rd version on disc next year- I'd rather pay for 3 new chars then a whole new game.

I say this especially since they're not on-disc content and there's a balance patch coming.

DLC to me is a case-by-case basis. I bought the SC4 costume packs, but not VF's (which sucked). I didn't buy Vader though, as SW chars are lame.

Platina does look dumb, but I have faith Arc will make her work.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
kiryogi said:
My hate with nu was probably all Tre'. I really don't know what to say about his skill level in the end, but christ at least on the psn gaf side of things he gave us a lot of issues early on.
Dont lump me with you guys! :lol

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Dont lump me with you guys! :lol

Ya you beat him down with bang shenanigans. My issue with Nu wasn't that she was strong, it was she was strong and really easy to play.

When I'd play lichi I'd have to work like hell to get some damage off, Nu could hit you once and you'd get a huge chunk of life taken.

I'm hoping Litchi isn't top tier this time cause she's easy mode, but has a nice learning curve.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
Ya you beat him down with bang shenanigans. My issue with Nu wasn't that she was strong, it was she was strong and really easy to play.

When I'd play lichi I'd have to work like hell to get some damage off, Nu could hit you once and you'd get a huge chunk of life taken.

I'm hoping Litchi isn't top tier this time cause she's easy mode, but has a nice learning curve.

Eh she's a bit easier to play now cause of the way some of her new loops work, and how much priority some of her staff hits have aka lots LOL

basically doing those loops before now = half life or more into a reset to do it again. :lol

And I'll be honest, some of Nu's high level combos were not easy at all, she had some very precise ass crap with split second distance and timing involved I know I messed around with it. Sure the basic sword spam crap was easy but the high level stuff you see in tourney matches wasn't really.

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Eh she's a bit easier to play now cause of the way some of her new loops work, and how much priority some of her staff hits have aka lots LOL

basically doing those loops before now = half life or more into a reset to do it again. :lol

And I'll be honest, some of Nu's high level combos were not easy at all, she had some very precise ass crap with split second distance and timing involved I know I messed around with it. Sure the basic sword spam crap was easy but the high level stuff you see in tourney matches wasn't really.

Granted, but with just a simple combo with Nu you could grab a big sizable chunk of health. Seemed I worked my ass off with litchi for a fraction of it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
Granted, but with just a simple combo with Nu you could grab a big sizable chunk of health. Seemed I worked my ass off with litchi for a fraction of it.
still there is a reason why there was 2 litchi's in the top 8 at sbo :lol Sure her damage wasn't great but her reset game was -.-

And you want not working for damage? Arakune's 6c loop is the true definition of that xD

Not check thread in few days and now see 2 new chars .
A loli type and a old dude still i trust Aksys to make them play awesome.
Any idea when they coming out ?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
tafer said:
Eh... I'm sorry I have to ask this, but where are you guys getting all this new information?

There was a stream of someone showing stuff from the disc files, and the placeholder art for them was found. There was also all the DLC colors(not really surprising), where he went through each one and people connected who it was. Everyone has 1 GG character color, and a lot of weird stuff like Joker Hazama.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Dynamic3 said:
Have they revealed how much each DLC character will cost?

Makoto is going to cost 560 MS Points in Japan, I assume it will cost 600 MS Points in the US? That is about what? 7 dllrs?

cnet128

Banned
So yeah... I arrived pretty damn late to the original BB party, and only finished the story mode a week or two ago, but I loved every minute of it. The combination of great anime-style characters/story and sweet fighting gameplay hit a major sweet spot for me. I've never really got into the fighting game genre before (for instance, I bought SSF4 for the sake of it, but find it hard to really care about the game and have barely played it), but the story elements and the way all the characters play so uniquely made BB appeal to me in a way no other fighter has before. I have very little confidence in my actual skill at playing it competitively, though.

So with my love for BB at a high right now, and fresh off the first game's story cliffhanger ending, my hype for CS is pretty much through the roof. The identities of the DLC characters have me pretty pleased, as well... as a loli lover, I can hardly argue with Platina, and I'm 100% with what seems to be the general consensus that Valkenhayn is just too badass *not* to want playable. As for Makoto, one of my first thoughts on finding out that Tsubaki was playable in the sequel was 'I want Makoto too', and although I'm not exactly down with her outfit sluttification, I'm willing to forgive it on grounds that it's Makoto, and she has tonfa. Tonfa are always cool.

My only real regret right now? The fact that I was idiot enough to place the game together with Rockman Zero Collection in my YesAsia order. Now I have to wait frustratedly for the latter to come into stock before the game ships. Aaaaaarghhh. *kills self*

tafer

Papercuts said:
There was a stream of someone showing stuff from the disc files, and the placeholder art for them was found. There was also all the DLC colors(not really surprising), where he went through each one and people connected who it was. Everyone has 1 GG character color, and a lot of weird stuff like Joker Hazama.

I see, I was wondering why none of the sites I usually check were covering something this big :lol

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
tafer said:
I see, I was wondering why none of the sites I usually check were covering something this big :lol

Well that is because most of this stuff was shown in message boards only.

You can check my site, most of my info come from all different sites and boards I visit, so dunno if you want to add one more site to visit on your daily basis. :lol

http://www.imnextonline.com/

tafer

-DarKaoZ- said:
Well that is because most of this stuff was shown in message boards only.

You can check my site, most of my info come from all different sites and boards I visit, so dunno if you want to add one more site to visit on your daily basis. :lol

http://www.imnextonline.com/

Thanks for the link my man... and wow at Aksys for letting this there :lol

Dynamic3

-DarKaoZ- said:
Makoto is going to cost 560 MS Points in Japan, I assume it will cost 600 MS Points in the US? That is about what? 7 dllrs?

$7 per character? So to buy all of the characters at launch the game is going to cost more than $60, that makes no sense.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dynamic3 said:
$7 per character? So to buy all of the characters at launch the game is going to cost more than $60, that makes no sense.
characters wont be available at launch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dynamic3 said:
it's ok sf4 cost more than 80 bucks
and ssf4 cost more than 70 with all the dlc :lol

And that was for some costumes! These are full fledged unique characters :D

Besides only buy the ones you want to use. It's not like you can't fight against them online.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Dynamic3 said:
Regardless.

I don't see people complaining about it, most games today have DLC. All FPS have a map the week after release and they pay 5 to 15 dllrs for them, that is above the 60 dllrs prize.

DLC is here to stay, if we like it or not, and fighters aren't the exception to this rule either unfortunately.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
-DarKaoZ- said:
I don't see people complaining about it, most games today have DLC. All FPS have a map the week after release and they pay 5 to 15 dllrs for them, that is above the 60 dllrs prize.

DLC is here to stay, if we like it or not, and fighters aren't the exception to this rule either unfortunately.

The funny part is people complaining about it in bb's case. If they didn't do it like this the game wouldn't be out til freaking october or november. While costing 60!

remz

Papercuts said:
Isn't Joker Hazama in the arcade pallets anyway?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
QisTopTier said:
The funny part is people complaining about it in bb's case. If they didn't do it like this the game wouldn't be out til freaking october or november. While costing 60!

Or make likely we'd have to buy 2 games instead. As long as it isn't unlocking things on the disc and they're actually going to use the DLC to do post-release support, it's fine.

This is the good DLC- and really feels like mini-expansions more then DLC gouging.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
QisTopTier said:

My only problem about the DLC is that if the DLC characters don't have their own story mode. If they don't then that is a let down for me at least, the story mode ads so much personality to the characters and makes you appreciate or hate them more depending of the story. Well this is my point of view about story in fighters though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
remz said:
Isn't Joker Hazama in the arcade pallets anyway?

From the color rips posted earlier in the thread:
2rpxoqq.jpg

The one is similar, but this is a pretty blatant version.

oh94j8.jpg

cnet128

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
My only problem about the DLC is that if the DLC characters don't have their own story mode. If they don't then that is a let down for me at least, the story mode ads so much personality to the characters and makes you appreciate or hate them more depending of the story. Well this is my point of view about story in fighters though.
This is my one worry as well. Is there any definite word on whether DLC characters will have Story Mode or anything similar? Whilst I'm pumped for the characters either way, I would be significantly happier if I got delicious story goodness to go with them. It would be a shame to miss out on that. (And if they weren't playable in Arcade either, that would cut the single-player opportunities for them down hugely, which would be sad, since personally, I'm always more interested in the single-player than multiplayer, even in fighting games.)

I'm not so much worried about missing out on insight into their characters, since I'm sure they'll all show up plenty in other characters' Story Modes, but I would like to at least be able to enjoy them in a single-player capacity.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
cnet128 said:
This is my one worry as well. Is there any definite word on whether DLC characters will have Story Mode or anything similar? Whilst I'm pumped for the characters either way, I would be significantly happier if I got delicious story goodness to go with them. It would be a shame to miss out on that. (And if they weren't playable in Arcade either, that would cut the single-player opportunities for them down hugely, which would be sad, since personally, I'm always more interested in the single-player than multiplayer, even in fighting games.)

I know they will come with Challenge and Tutorial mode material, that is all what in Aksys forums have been said. Hopefully there is still more than just that, yet they haven't said there wouldn't be any either, so we can just hope they come included with Story mode material.

Game looks awesome I'm really looking forward to trying out Hazama, Tsubaki & Makoto but I think I'll wait for the EU release that hopefully includes all characters which should give me the time to master Bang in CT as I prefer not using top tiers.

Beth Cyra

kensk said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im9Fo21X3II

Ragna combo tutorial with a lot of extensive B&Bs I found on Nico video. If you wanna learn Ragna you should check this shit out because even some arcade heads don't know some of these around here :lol

God I wish I could pull something like that off. I mean I have said how much I love BB and how excited I am for CS but I just don't understand these things. To me it is like trying to read JPN (Yes I know there is JPN in that video but I mean in English vids for any fighting game) I simply can't wrap my head around what they are saying.

I don't know if it is something that people are natrually gifted at but no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to learn it so I never really get beyond a simple 3 button combo most times. That and I am terrible with a TE Stick, spent 250 dollars on it and I am far worse then i was on the controller.

Hmm maybe one day, though it is doubtful, always been someone that learns better through audio means then reading anyway so I think I am kinda out of luck since I don't know anyone that plays games really anymore.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
TruePrime said:
God I wish I could pull something like that off. I mean I have said how much I love BB and how excited I am for CS but I just don't understand these things. To me it is like trying to read JPN (Yes I know there is JPN in that video but I mean in English vids for any fighting game) I simply can't wrap my head around what they are saying.

I don't know if it is something that people are natrually gifted at but no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to learn it so I never really get beyond a simple 3 button combo most times. That and I am terrible with a TE Stick, spent 250 dollars on it and I am far worse then i was on the controller.

Hmm maybe one day, though it is doubtful, always been someone that learns better through audio means then reading anyway so I think I am kinda out of luck since I don't know anyone that plays games really anymore.

The only way to know how to read those stuff is by knowing the game system and knowing what everything means.

Ones you know what each of the gameplay system is named, then you can get a good idea of what you can do.

EX: RC = Rapid Cancel = Pressing 3 attack buttons while doing a move and it cost 1/2 of your super bar.

Now that you know what that means you go to training mode and try it yourself, to understand how it works and how it looks. Ones you figure that out you can see a video and you will know when a RC happens and how.

This is what you must do for every fighting game, you must learn the system to understand the notations. It takes time, but ones it comes out you will have a pleasing feeling.

luka said:

Oh god...

-PXG-

I want to get this, but DLC characters is kind of a deal killer. Why not just include them with the game? I mean, way to split/ alienate the userbase....

Top Bottom