• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Drac

Hag said:
The install is mandatory on the Ps3 version?

Nop you have to ask for it in the options. Can't compare before/after but loading times are definitely faster than the first BlazBlue ones.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I went ahead and paid the 160 points to unlock Mu (just don't feel like bothering with the story mode, sorry! Maybe I will on the PS3 version), but have no idea how to use her correctly. And then I just so happened to get matched up against two good V-13 players. It wasn't pretty. :lol

I got my revenge on the second (better) player with Tager though. The power of science prevails again.

For those who didn't see what Arc said about unlockable characters, basically the current version of the game is listed in ranked. It will change when the DLC characters are released (Mu doesn't count) and re-balancing is applied. Ranked matches will only use the latest version of the game, but you can choose to lock out the DLC characters/balancing and use an older version of the game in player matches.

Fugu

Lyte Edge said:
I went ahead and paid the 160 points to unlock Mu (just don't feel like bothering with the story mode, sorry! Maybe I will on the PS3 version), but have no idea how to use her correctly. And then I just so happened to get matched up against two good V-13 players. It wasn't pretty. :lol

I got my revenge on the second (better) player with Tager though. The power of science prevails again.

For those who didn't see what Arc said about unlockable characters, basically the current version of the game is listed in ranked. It will change when the DLC characters are released (Mu doesn't count) and re-balancing is applied. Ranked matches will only use the latest version of the game, but you can choose to lock out the DLC characters/balancing and use an older version of the game in player matches.
Very well done at that last part.

How do you unlock Mu without paying for it? I expect my game to arrive tomorrow.

Fugu

_dementia said:
clear story mode
With one character? With all characters? 100% or just finished?

If you've played CT I can't see how you wouldn't see this as a vague answer.

Fugu said:
With one character? With all characters? 100% or just finished?

If you've played CT I can't see how you wouldn't see this as a vague answer.
Just finished, I believe. I don't have 100% on all characters, but I did finish the True Ending sequence.

Fugu

Heretic Kazuma said:
Just finished, I believe. I don't have 100% on all characters, but I did finish the True Ending sequence.
Cool, thanks. 100% on all characters is unpleasant.

Fugu said:
Cool, thanks. 100% on all characters is unpleasant.
What I hated about going for 100% was that you never knew which matches you had to lose and which you had to win, unless you had a FAQ in front of you. I hate it when games make you do that.

Fugu

HeresSomeWeapons said:
What I hated about going for 100% was that you never knew which matches you had to lose and which you had to win, unless you had a FAQ in front of you. I hate it when games make you do that.
Or which ones you had to finish with a DD (or not finish with a DD).

I really hated the first one, it played like shit. I dunno if it wanted to be a Tatsunoko or a gimped GG, but it just didn't do it for me. Hopefully they fixed a lot of things in this one.

Fugu

Tears For Fears said:
I really hated the first one, it played like shit. I dunno if it wanted to be a Tatsunoko or a gimped GG, but it just didn't do it for me. Hopefully they fixed a lot of things in this one.
If you didn't like the first one, this one's not going to change your mind. Most changes come in the area of balance; damage is also scaled back a bit for most characters.

matmanx1

MarkMan said:
someone buy the blazblue cs sticks <3

I bought one for the PS3 and I love it! The art is gorgeous and not being a SF or MvC fan it was the best choice TE for me in terms of style. I'm very much looking forward to playing BB:CS on it soon!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
HeresSomeWeapons said:

They atleast changed that for CS, you don't need to lose the matches that just go to game over.

Drac

Ok, as I don't really like the new announcer voice, I might buy something I never thought I would :lol

Fugu

Probably the biggest question from the uninitiated is "what the hell is a rebel". Now I'm going to have to deal with "what the hell is an eebil".

Fugu said:
Probably the biggest question from the uninitiated is "what the hell is a rebel". Now I'm going to have to deal with "what the hell is an eebil".

LOL, I'm thinking is a word play of "Level." The Japanese have a hard time pronouncing BOTH words... So Level = "reberu." Rebel = "reberu."

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
LOL, I'm thinking is a word play of "Level." The Japanese have a hard time pronouncing BOTH words... So Level = "reberu." Rebel = "reberu."
I've been going with "level" myself, on account of the fact that both would be written &#12524;&#12505;&#12523; (or &#12524;&#12532;&#12455;&#12523; for level by a smart/more modern person).

Prototype-03 said:

That's what went thru my head when I saw that the first time. Didn't one of the guys making the game spend alot of time growing up in America? Would explain part of this if it was aware of the engrish potential.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Fugu said:
I've been going with "level" myself, on account of the fact that both would be written &#12524;&#12505;&#12523; (or &#12524;&#12532;&#12455;&#12523; for level by a smart/more modern person).

I've always assumed it was playing on the idea that the characters were rebelling against "the wheel of fate" which was the big theme of the story - trying to break the endless cycle.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOOOOOL my god.... should I just use her to piss you all off :lol maybe panda will have a new main :lol

PLATINATHETRINNITY.jpg

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
QisTopTier said:

Now I know why the name sounds familiar...

She appeared in one of the scans of BBCS which has Torakaka (the black Taokaka), sucks I can't post the scans, but anyways, it seems she will be an interesting character. The translations of the scans say the following:

A young girl with three personalities named Luna, Sena, and Platinum. Luna is a young, sweet girl. Sena is a young, mean boy. Platinum is the spirit of the sixth hero, but can't come out often and has to fade quickly.
[edit] Material Collection Information

* Hobbies: Othello
* Dislikes: Snakes, that guy who always hangs around Mr. Jubei

So yeah, it seems she is one of the 6 heroes. :lol
BRILLIANT ARC SYSTEM, BRILLIANT! :lol :lol

Coeliacus

-DarKaoZ- said:
A young girl with three personalities named Luna, Sena, and Platinum. Luna is a young, sweet girl. Sena is a young, mean boy. Platinum is the spirit of the sixth hero, but can't come out often and has to fade quickly.
[edit] Material Collection Information
Incoming transvestite metaphor for Bridget fans. Survey says Carl's shorts weren't adequate.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
-DarKaoZ- said:
A young girl with three personalities named Luna, Sena, and Platinum. Luna is a young, sweet girl. Sena is a young, mean boy. Platinum is the spirit of the sixth hero, but can't come out often and has to fade quickly.l
here we go again :lol

Top Bottom