• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Beth Cyra

-DarKaoZ- said:
The only way to know how to read those stuff is by knowing the game system and knowing what everything means.

Ones you know what each of the gameplay system is named, then you can get a good idea of what you can do.

EX: RC = Rapid Cancel = Pressing 3 attack buttons while doing a move and it cost 1/2 of your super bar.

Now that you know what that means you go to training mode and try it yourself, to understand how it works and how it looks. Ones you figure that out you can see a video and you will know when a RC happens and how.

This is what you must do for every fighting game, you must learn the system to understand the notations. It takes time, but ones it comes out you will have a pleasing feeling.

Oh god...

Oh I understand, it just something in my brain doesn't process it correctly, like I see things like 3c and have no Idea what it means, yet I have been told more then a dozen times.

Though I am hoping to make a little break though with BB, got a vacation coming up and I hope to give it some serious play time and hope I can learn to understand movements and attacks a little better.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
-PXG- said:
I want to get this, but DLC characters is kind of a deal killer. Why not just include them with the game? I mean, way to split/ alienate the userbase....

They aren't done yet. You could look at it is $40 now with ~$20 in DLC characters instead of releasing a few months later for $60.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
-PXG- said:
I want to get this, but DLC characters is kind of a deal killer. Why not just include them with the game? I mean, way to split/ alienate the userbase....

They won't split the user base, you can still fight people who have the DLC Characters and fight against the DLC characters, but you won't be able to play with the DLC Characters, that is it.

Think of it as Unlockable characters, if someone has unlocked a secret character, then he can play with it online, if you haven't then you won't be able to play with the character until you unlock him. Works the same way, but instead you buy them.

TruePrime said:
Oh I understand, it just something in my brain doesn't process it correctly, like I see things like 3c and have no Idea what it means, yet I have been told more then a dozen times.

Though I am hoping to make a little break though with BB, got a vacation coming up and I hope to give it some serious play time and hope I can learn to understand movements and attacks a little better.

Yeah that is called a Number notation, that is something you learn in forums and stuff. You can do your own way if you want. Some people find it easier to use letter or numbers.

EX: Down, Down-Forward, Forward = d,df,f = qcf = 236

All those are the same thing, first one is word by word, the second is the initials of the words before. QCF means Quater Circle Forward, which is basically the motion you do when you do d,df,f. 236 is the qcf motion done in the number pad of a keyboard (the one on the right).

Now that you know that, then you have to deal with how the game buttons work, in BB case it works like A B C D. That is the notation for each button, Light/Jab = A , Medium/Kick = B, Heavy = C, Drive/Special Button = D.

So if you see 236A that means its qcf+A or whatever button you use in your controller/stick.

That is that in a nutshell in a way, sorry if I soudn confusing, I'm not that good explaining. :lol

luka said:
Don't hate.

Is not hate, just obligatory "OH GOD" moment. :lol

luka

Loves Robotech S1
-PXG- said:

I sort of felt this way, I don't really mind anymore. Really it was either this or wait for the next iteration of BB to have access to them (which they'll certainly be included with anyway). CS has been finished for a long time now and all these are being made after the fact (at least that's what they claim). It takes a long time to make new characters and balance them against all the others. I'm not sure I'll be buying them but I don't entirely resent their existence either.

It won't split the playerbase either because everyone is getting the update.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Oh god...

Don't hate. Give in to moe~

LegatoB

I find the DLC characters easier to swallow when I think of it like this:

We've heard that Arc System Works plans to do a balance patch for the game about six months out from the console release, which would be around the time they'd be looking to launch another arcade revision. So I think what's happening is console owners are starting with an enhanced port of the current version, Continuum Shift, with the option to pay another $20 or so to patch themselves up to the next version. BB:CS#Reload, if you will.

You can bet that they're going to do another new arcade version with the DLC characters and balance tweaks; the difference is that this time console owners are getting it around the same time, rather than a year later.

-PXG-

-DarKaoZ- said:
They won't split the user base, you can still fight people who have the DLC Characters and fight against the DLC characters, but you won't be able to play with the DLC Characters, that is it.

Think of it as Unlockable characters, if someone has unlocked a secret character, then he can play with it online, if you haven't then you won't be able to play with the character until you unlock him. Works the same way, but instead you buy them.

I know. That's bullshit.

As long as these characters are dirt cheap, and released in a reasonable time frame, then I guess it's tolerable at best. I'd be happier if they just delayed the game, included the DLC characters, without increasing the price from $40. Just saying. Not trying to shit up the thread either. Just voicing my dissenting opinion regarding abusive DLC.

My complaining won't mean jack shit, and just make me a hypocrite, since I'll probably buy the game and buy the DLC anyway.....Damnit....

I don't know if we're there yet, but it really seems like DLC is the perfect solution to the issue of multiple revisions for fighting games. It happens, and probably always will, like the tons of versions of SF2 or Guilty Gear XX. And its nice if you're a fan, because balance changes, new characters etc serve to keep awesome games fresh.

The problem was buying every new revision as a brand new game since that's the only way they could do it in the past, and some revisions not being seen as worth a whole port so we end up not getting them at all.

I see DLC as a pretty awesome solution where you buy one base game and can keep getting the revisions online. I dunno if the systems are in place yet this gen to make it all work, but they seem to be trying it out/figuring out what works here with CS.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
-PXG- said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22211816&postcount=538

Cry about it all you want, it's not like they are charging for the balance patch and that alone will make the game way different. Balance patch comes after 3rd characters has been out for a bit. I think dec or jan? Til then we are getting makoto in augest, valk in sept, plat in oct.

I see no reason to complain :lol

-PXG-

QisTopTier said:

Sure, that could have happened. We still don't know the price/ total price of this DLC. What if it adds up to be $20, or more? Fuck it. If that's the case, then just include everything in one package at $60. Yeah, I know. They want to make money. But that doesn't change that (in my opinion) it's a dick move. Just saying...

Super came out one year after vanilla with 10 additional characters. Okay, Different game, different developer, different publisher, different budget, different deadline, ect ect. But still, it's lame. I got my point across. Don't want to derail the thread anymore with my crap.

Papercuts

-PXG- said:
Sure, that could have happened. We still don't know the price/ total price of this DLC. What if it adds up to be $20, or more? Super came out one year after vanilla with 10 additional characters. Okay, Different game, different developer, different publisher, different budget, different deadline, ect ect. But still, it's lame. I got my point across. Don't want to derail the thread anymore with my crap.

Makoto is 560 MS points($7), so $21 overall seems pretty much accurate since I doubt they would make other characters worth more/less.

There is no way that I'm paying seven whole dollars for Makoto alone if there are at least two more DLC characters to buy. It should be a flat five or seven dollars for all three characters. As it stands I definitely won't buy any of the characters since I'll probably want to get the different costume colors again.

I hate DLC so much...

_dementia said:
XZImq.jpg
I <3 Dustloop.
:lol
Papercuts said:
Makoto is 560 MS points($7), so $21 overall seems pretty much accurate since I doubt they would make other characters worth more/less.
Yeah...no thanks.

Margalis

Banned
QisTopTier said:
it's ok sf4 cost more than 80 bucks
and ssf4 cost more than 70 with all the dlc :lol

And that was for some costumes! These are full fledged unique characters :D

You're comparing costumes with zero in-game impact to new characters?

SSFIV costs $40 and comes with 10 new characters. This game comes with what, 3 new characters? And then another $20 for 3 more? So it costs 50% more than SSF4 and comes with 50% of the new content. Not a good deal.

Beth Cyra

Margalis said:

SSFIV costs $40 and comes with 10 new characters. This game comes with what, 3 new characters? And then another $20 for 3 more? So it costs 50% more than SSF4 and comes with 50% of the new content. Not a good deal.

One the comparsion doesn't work and two the percentage about the content is completely pulled out of your ass. BlazBlue was jam packed full of all kinds of crazy content from it's story mode and all it's paths to the different colors and way more.

You can bitch about the characters, but to say it has 50% less content then SSF IV is fucking crazy.

-PXG-

Papercuts said:

Okay, so it's still $60 in the end :/ What the fuck?

I said I was done, but hell....Besides potentially losing sales to competition in the fall, there is no reason as to why the couldn't have just included the three "additional" characters in the game to begin with. Yeah, ultimately, they have a business to run and they want to make money. But come on. Three measly characters, for and additional 20 bucks? Don't pretend to sell the game at a lower price, when you're releasing content (that should have been included, at no additional cost) which, in the end, makes the game cost a full $60. That's utter bullshit.

Again, Capcom added 10 characters, plus new modes and tons of tweaks and balancing and still managed make the game $40. No DLC, no waiting, no additional costs, no bullshit. Aksys should have matched that model as close as possible, so that BBCS could be more competitive in the market. Not doing so will put themselves in a bad position and piss off consumers. It's a bad move. But hey, if most people are as willing as you guys, then the shame is on us consumers, not Aksys.

I apologize for being a nuisance. It's just troubling when people forgive, encourage and allow shitty business practices.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Margalis said:

Hmm didn't know rehashing a bunch of characters with easy to do 3d modeling was an accomplishment. Oh the new characters are most likely gonna cost 5-7 bucks big deal. Honestly out of the entire cast who do you use trying to play 100% potential 1 2 maybe 3?

The characters in BB are far deeper than anything in sf4 also besides say cviper or ibuki. And none of them are even remotely the same... cough cough. Where looking at ssf4 I can say maybe 10 or 11 of the characters out of the 35 are different enough from each other.

And yeah I'm comparing costumes to new characters, one is a waste of money, one is freaking awesome.

Beth Cyra

-PXG- said:

I said I was done, but hell....Besides potentially losing sales to competition in the fall, there is no reason as to why the couldn't have just included the three "additional" characters in the game to begin with. Yeah, ultimately, they have a business to run and they want to make money. But come on. Three measly characters, for and additional 20 bucks? Don't pretend to sell the game at a lower price, when you're releasing content (that should have been included, at no additional cost) which, in the end, makes the game cost a full $60. That's utter bullshit.

Again, Capcom added 10 characters, plus new modes and tons of tweaks and balancing. No DLC, no waiting, no additional costs, no bullshit. Aksys should have matched that model as close as possible, so that BBCS could be more competitive in the market. Not doing so will put themselves in a bad position and piss off consumers. It's a bad move. But hey, if most people are as willing as you guys, then the shame is on us consumers, not the Aksys.

I disagree, there is no hardlimit on what a dev has to add or not add from one game to another.

Also Capcom added Ten previously created characters, where as everysingle one in BlazBlue has to be created as they are not from pre existing games. That and we are getting quite a bit so stop acting like Street Fighter IV gave us way more, not only that we and everyone is getting a major balance change patch early next year completely for free so it isn't like they are holding out on what is the most important pieces of the DLC.

Remember BlazBlue is a completely new franchise with this only being it's second game Street Fighter is a franchise that has been around for a very long time and can pull from multiple places.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
-PXG- said:
Again, Capcom added 10 characters, plus new modes and tons of tweaks and balancing. No DLC, no waiting, no additional costs, no bullshit. Aksys should have matched that model as close as possible, so that BBCS could be more competitive in the market. Not doing so will put themselves in a bad position and piss off consumers. It's a bad move. But hey, if most people are as willing as you guys, then the shame is on us consumers, not the Aksys.

That's not entirely a fair comparison. 3D characters are much easier to make than 2D ones, plus all but 2 of the new characters came from existing games so their concepts and movesets were already there for the most part. BB characters all play wildly different from one another so I'd imagine it takes a lot longer for them to create and balance.

I'm the last person who would defend DLC, believe me. I thiink it sucks too but it's not like they're ripping anyone off here.

-PXG-

luka said:
That's not entirely a fair comparison. 3D characters are much easier to make than 2D ones, plus all but 2 of the new characters came from existing games so their concepts and movesets were already there for the most part. BB characters all play wildly different from one another so I'd imagine it takes a lot longer for them to create and balance.

Honestly, how can any of you think that 3 characters are worth 1/3 the price of a game? Seriously. How do you rationalize that?

Volcynika

Value is subjective. Exercise your rights as a consumer. If you don't feel something is worth it....don't buy it. If you do, it's your money.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
-PXG- said:
Again, Capcom added 10 characters, plus new modes and tons of tweaks and balancing and still managed make the game $40.

Ya they balanced rufus, bison, chun, and rog out reall good huh? Oh wait... :lol

and what new modes are you talking about they didn't add crap unless you mean OMG IM PUNCHING A FUCKING BARREL best add on on ever! Online lobbies is something they should of had to begin with.

Lets see, BB has a decently lengthy story mode that isn't just tossed together lol a tournament lawl stuff.

A challenge mode that actually teaches you a bunch of shit you need to know. *sf has a few here and there the rufus one was actually really good*

Legion mode which is like a bunch of mission based fights sorta.

It already had online with ranked and lobbys

hmm oh they added it so you can wait in training mode while waiting for a match to start which is pretty cool.
Imma stop here :D

Beth Cyra

-PXG- said:
Honestly, how can any of you think that 3 characters are worth 1/3 the price of a game? Seriously. How do you rationalize that?

Not everyone will buy them. So to them it will still be 40 dollars. And for people like me we are finally getting to buy what we always felt DLC should be used for, extra content that is actually worth paying money for, not horse armour and shit.

It is not like we are buying an extra attack we are buying a whole new character that will take a very long time to master and be worth way more then 7 dollars when all is said and done.

Then again there are others that will get it and aren't like me at all so you would have to talk to them.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
-PXG- said:

Well I paid $80 for a copy of dodonpachi daioujou that can be beaten in 30 minutes if you credit spam and disregard your score so... yeah.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
-PXG- said:
Oh would you rather them release the balance patch and the 3 characters in a whole new game for 40 bucks next year?

Instead of paying about 20 for the 3 new characters? Hmm seems like that's what you are asking for.

I mean look at GG. We wont be seeing a new blazblue for a while according to the director. The balance patches and dlc characters are to make up for this.

Are you even planning on using any of the dlc characters? if not it doesn't mater :lol

Look at it this way, when you buy a new character for the what ever price, you are paying the price of going to the arcade and learning said character with your quarters for a few days.

You want bullshit DLC? CoD is what you are looking for

Papercuts

-PXG- said:

I apologize for being a nuisance. It's just troubling when people forgive, encourage and allow shitty business practices.

The characters aren't done though, so they couldn't do much but delay the game(which, in the end, would most likely be a full $60 and release in a packed fall). DLC gets a dev more money anyway, and they said this will be the last BB edition for awhile which is why the balance patch is coming 6 months after launch to continue support.

A lot of the hyped features for SSFIV were pretty shallow, aside from the new characters and ultras. The new modes were basically just a different attempt at the online, and most people seem to agree that Tournament mode sucks, and that normal player matches shouldn't have been axed entirely for endless, since you can't get to continually 1 on 1 someone out of arcade like you used to. The netcode wasn't touched up at all(CS likely is the same as well, but CT was/is still the kind of fighting netcode), the arcade stories are hilariously bad, and the challenge mode still suffers from the issues it had in SFIV. BBCS has its own tutorial and challenge mode now, it's still up in the air if it's actually useful though...but it atleast has demos of the combos to let you know if it's a spacing issue.

It isn't JUST 3 new characters either way. Even if you don't care about the story, the game was rebalanced, big mechanics changed, etc.. Not to say SSFIV didn't rebalance as well, but CT was pretty well known for some of its ugly matchups.

In the end, the fact that Aksys is a smaller company does matter a lot. They made 3 new characters, and are selling 3 more, which is a lot of spritework. DLC will get them more money, so $40 with ~$20 in DLC works better for them as opposed to $60 months later...and I'd say that's also better for the fans since they get more time with the game.

-PXG- said:

This is more of a DLC fault than anything else.

Look at something like fallout 3--$60 for a game that lasts well over 100 hours in a single play, had 5 dlc packs for $10 each, most being 3-4 hours. Nearly the cost of the full price game, and even if you get FO3 for cheap today the DLC then costs even more than the full game experience. Tons of games look odd if you value it like that.

But yeah, value is subjective. I love the way BB plays and will definitely snatch new characters for it. I don't like on the disc colors, which is why I won't support those. Just like I didn't support the on the disc costumes in SFIV.

So is it true they're planning a patch 6 months after the game releases? For the people who hate DLC, pick up a cheap copy of CS 6 months or so after its release and get the DLC for probably about as much as you'd expect to buy a new game. It works out the same if they decided to hold out til the content was done.

Beth Cyra

voodoopanda said:
So is it true they're planning a patch 6 months after the game releases? For the people who hate DLC, pick up a cheap used copy of CS 6 months or so after its release and get the DLC for probably about as much as you'd expect to buy a new game. It works out the same if they decided to hold out til the content was done.

Getting the DLC even at day one price pretty much makes it so you are only spending a normal new game price. Well unless you mean the colors as well, then I guess, I haven't heard pricing on the colors yet.

-PXG-

"Fun" isn't quantitative or measurable, therefore, games, in some ways, cannot have monetary values applied to them. However, saying value is subjective is somewhat underhanded, and a method to side step a valid argument. It's a cop out.

Some may say this game is worth $4 to them, while others say it might be worth $400. However, you have to look at this face value. We don't know how many people made the game or how long it took or how much it cost. Therefore, one must exclude the cost of development from the equation. What sense does it make to include development costs in the argument, when most (if not alll) relevant details are meer assumptions?

All we know that there are three additional characters, priced at $7 a piece. To me, that doesn't seem justified.

Beth Cyra

-PXG- said:
"Fun" isn't quantitative or measurable, therefore, games, in some ways, cannot have monetary values applied to them. However, saying value is subjective is somewhat underhanded, and a method to side step a valid argument. It's a cop out.

Some may say this game is worth $4 to them, while others say it might be worth $400. However, you have to look at this face value. We don't know how many people made the game or how long it took or how much it cost. Therefore, one must exclude the cost of development from the equation. What sense does it make to include development costs in the argument, when most (if not alll) relevant details are meer assumptions?

All we know that there are three additional characters, priced at $7 a piece. To me, that doesn't seem justified.

Cool then don't buy them. To me the 2 out of the three are what I want out of DLC so I will be dropping 14 dollars.

Papercuts

-PXG- said:

See my fallout example. DLC in general technically always seems to be crappy value in comparison to the full game.

-PXG-

Papercuts said:
See my fallout example. DLC in general technically always seems to be crappy value in comparison to the full game.

That's really my point.

I'm also saying, inevitably, people will compare BBCS to Super. People will ask, "Capcom included more stuff and made their game $40, why didn't Aksys do the same?" They aren't gonna think like you guys, "Well, those characters weren't done and took a long time to make. Plus, Aksys is a small company and needs the money." No, realistically, people will say, "Yeah...$20 for three characters? Fuck that!"

Then again, look at the MW2 map packs. I could be dead wrong. :lol

Beth Cyra

-PXG- said:
That's really my point.

I'm also saying, inevitably, people will compare BBCS to Super. People will ask, "Capcom included more stuff and made their game $40, why not Aksys". They aren't gonna think like you guys, "Well, those characters weren't done, and Aksys is a small company and needs the money." No, realistically, people will say, "Yeah...$20 for three characters? Fuck that!"

Then again, look at the MW2 map packs. I could be dead wrong. :lol

Hopefully most people won't be dumb enough to think simply because Street Fighter IV added more characters it added more "stuff" over all. If they do well and don't buy it because, well they wheren't that serious about it in the first place probably.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
tbh, I don't see why so many people get hyped over how Capcom basically just creates more versions of the same character. One new character in BB/GG is like 4 in street fighter. But thats for another thread...

But yeah, value is subjective. I'm more than cool paying for it.

These new characters better have their own themes and story modes though.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus was released in the US with absolutely no new characters, just two old characters that weren't in Accent Core but were in older XX games and I don't think they were even balanced for play. :lol

I don't know how well the DLC characters will sell, this sorta thing always seemed like a benefit to the hardcore/niche players who really appreciate the game, not necessarily popular best selling DLC.

QisTopTier said:
Oh would you rather them release the balance patch and the 3 characters in a whole new game for 40 bucks next year?

Instead of paying about 20 for the 3 new characters? Hmm seems like that's what you are asking for.

I mean look at GG. We wont be seeing a new blazblue for a while according to the director. The balance patches and dlc characters are to make up for this.

Are you even planning on using any of the dlc characters? if not it doesn't mater :lol

Look at it this way, when you buy a new character for the what ever price, you are paying the price of going to the arcade and learning said character with your quarters for a few days.

You want bullshit DLC? CoD is what you are looking for
This is out of hand...

Here is a list of different games that you can buy for a price under 21 dollars... most of them new too. There is a lot more than that if you keep looking. Three characters are not worth the amount of cash that can get you some of these game experiences.

Madworld-$6.90
No more heroes-$17
Okami-$14
RE4-$12
House of the dead: Overkill-$10
Red Steel 2-$18
Bioshock-$19
Dead space-$19
Fallout 3-$19
The Orange box-$19
Crackdown-$19
Mass Effect-$18
Mirror's edge-$11
Dead Rising-$17

The fact of the matter is that it's way too expensive at 7 dollars per character. I haven't even seen anyone as eager for expensive DLC when the CoD map packs were released.

geez...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
voodoopanda said:
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus was released in the US with absolutely no new characters, just two old characters that weren't in Accent Core but were in older XX games and I don't think they were even balanced for play. :lol

To be fair, Accent Core Plus had a new story mode.

Beth Cyra

SolarPowered said:
This is out of hand...

Here is a list of different games that you can buy for a price under 21 dollars... most of them new too. There is a lot more than that if you keep looking. Three characters are not worth the amount of cash that can get you some of these game experiences.

Madworld-$6.90
No more heroes-$17
Okami-$14
RE4-$12
Red Steel 2-$18
Bioshock-$19
Dead space-$19
Fallout 3-$19
The Orange box-$19
Crackdown-$19
Mass Effect-$18
Mirror's edge-$11
Dead Rising-$17

The fact of the matter is that it's way too expensive at 7 dollars per character. I haven't even seen anyone as eager for expensive DLC when the CoD map packs were released.

geez...

So we are to judge the value of DLC against games that are old or tanked at retail and have had their price drop?

Are you kidding me that is fucking retarded line of thinking. If the DLC is to much for you to pay then don't, if you rather get one of the games you listed then do so, but I already own every game on that list and I think the 14 dollars for Mikoto and Plat is more then worth the 11 for Mirror's Edge or the 20 for Fall Out 3.

SolarPowered said:

geez...
Fighting game fans are crazy folks, look at how many times they re-bought something like SF2 or GGXX with a tiny amount of characters added each time, or none at all in some cases. This is a step up for them, getting new stuff for 7$-20$ relatively quickly instead of waiting forever and spending full or near full game prices each time.

-PXG-

TruePrime said:
So we are to judge the value of DLC against games that are old or tanked at retail and have had their price drop?

Are you kidding me that is fucking retarded line of thinking. If the DLC is to much for you to pay then don't, if you rather get one of the games you listed then do so, but I already own every game on that list and I think the 14 dollars for Mikoto and Plat is more then worth the 11 for Mirror's Edge or the 20 for Fall Out 3.

That's absurd. Value is subjective, but to an extent.

Listen to yourself: A fraction of the cost of a game for two characters is worth more than a full game, at the same price? Alrighty then....

TruePrime said:

Okay then. I'll just leave it at that.
voodoopanda said:
Fighting game fans are crazy folks, look at how many times they re-bought something like SF2 or GGXX with a tiny amount of characters added each time, or none at all in some cases. This is a step up for them, getting new stuff for 7$-20$ relatively quickly instead of waiting forever and spending full or near full game prices each time.
Hell...I would gladly pay $10 if they came in a triple pack on xbl. It's this kind of attitude that drove fighting games to the fringes of gaming...it's like this attitude is there to kill any momentum that the fighting game genre has built up over the last couple of years. I am really at a loss for words.

I love the community, but this is easily one of it's worst characteristics.

If you wanna look at older games that are now cheap, just look at it like this. CS will probably drop to about 20 bucks on Amazon at some point, buy it then plus the DLC, it'll add up to about 40. Good deal. Plus if they had held off to add this content in, it probably woulda taken that long anyway.

Beth Cyra

-PXG- said:
[/B]

That's absurd. Value is subjective, but to an extent.

Not absurd at all, I think Mirror's Edge is one the single biggest disappointments this gen, and I don't like the setting of Fall Out 3, so why wouldn't two characters I really like the idea of playing as be more appealing then that?

The thing is I spent 5 or 6 hours on Mirror's, I will spend easily double or triple that time alone trying to play Mikoto and Plat.

I base value on how much I will enjoy and or use the product I am spending money on, so in that case, those characters are worth more to me then every game on that list save Bioshock.

-PXG- said:
You don't have to buy them. Seriously

For $40 you get the full arcade release, plus an additional character and a bunch of new modes. How is that a raw deal?

-PXG-

TruePrime said:
Not absurd at all, I think Mirror's Edge is one the single biggest disappointments this gen, and I don't like the setting of Fall Out 3, so why wouldn't two characters I really like the idea of playing as be more appealing then that?

The thing is I spent 5 or 6 hours on Mirror's, I will spend easily double or triple that time alone trying to play Mikoto and Plat.

I base value on how much I will enjoy and or use the product I am spending money on, so in that case, those characters are worth more to me then every game on that list save Bioshock.

But what do you have to say to the people who base value on development costs as well?

Papercuts

SolarPowered said:
This is out of hand...

Madworld-$6.90
No more heroes-$17
Okami-$14
RE4-$12
Red Steel 2-$18
Bioshock-$19
Dead space-$19
Fallout 3-$19
The Orange box-$19
Crackdown-$19
Mass Effect-$18
Mirror's edge-$11
Dead Rising-$17

geez...

The wii is exempt from DLC stuff with the way it's set up, but just look at more recent releases. From that, FO3 is the example I used already.

It's $20 new, for the entire game--well over 100 hours. The DLC for it is $50, 2.5 times the entire game's cost and much much much less content. DLC pricing is always skewed.

MW2 for the 360 is $40 on amazon. The 2 map packs end up at $30, nearly the entire game. Since this is about the cost of the DLC I don't think it's fair to compare it to the cost of entire games when you can say the same thing about spending $60 for a brand new game when getting 5-6 older discounted games is always a better value.

I don't think anyone is going "HELL YEAH I GET TO PAY MONEY FOR CHARACTERS", it's just excitement about the content itself, the same way you get excited for a game even though you have to pay money for it.

Top Bottom