• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier said:
needsmorejig.jpg

halolz-dot-com-blazblue-irontager-fuckingmagnets.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
QisTopTier said:
If you do the same move over and over in cs2 in a combo your combo turns into shit dmg
Not the damage exactly, but the amount of health regained seemed a little off considering Blood Kain was up... maybe I'm tripping though.
_dementia said:
Shoutouts to Focus Attacks.
I lol'd

DY_nasty

This is gonna suck.... Jin, Rachel, and Tager have always been my worst matchups.

Oh - and God-Taos. Fuck those guys.

General Changes
Instant Blocking reduce 3frames of block stun on the ground and 6frames on the air.
(CS1 was -5 and -10)
Air grab has a bigger vertical range, like GG
Gold burst has 65% of initial proration and 110% of combo proration

【Tier list】
according to what top players say and actual situation at top arcades
S-A tier characters are obviously strong characters

S(God Like): Arakune
A(Strong): Makoto, Noel, Tsubaki, Valkenhyne
B(So-so): Ragna, Jin, Tager, Hakumen, Rachel, Hazama, Litchi, Lambda, Taokaka, Carl
C(hmm): Platinum, Bang, Mu

Detailed impressions here:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10715-BBCS2-Summary-amp-Impressions

Personal thoughts: Rachel/Hazama will go up in tier. [strikethrough] Tsubaki/Valkenhayn may drop. [/strikethrough] Changed my mind... Both sound like solid chars. Pretty interesting after couple of pages that game's a lot more balanced. You can tell 'cause tier only goes from S to C.

Also seems that no one likes the Nesica system. They done goofed up.

Why does everyone spell Valkenhayn wrong? It's right there under his character portrait.

Nice to see Ragna not as awful as they thought in the beginning.

:lol
Prototype-03 said:
General Changes
Instant Blocking reduce 3frames of block stun on the ground and 6frames on the air.
(CS1 was -5 and -10)
Air grab has a bigger vertical range, like GG
Gold burst has 65% of initial proration and 110% of combo proration

【Tier list】
according to what top players say and actual situation at top arcades
S-A tier characters are obviously strong characters

S(God Like): Arakune
A(Strong): Makoto, Noel, Tsubaki, Valkenhyne
B(So-so): Ragna, Jin, Tager, Hakumen, Rachel, Hazama, Litchi, Lambda, Taokaka, Carl
C(hmm): Platinum, Bang, Mu

Detailed impressions here:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10715-BBCS2-Summary-amp-Impressions

Personal thoughts: Rachel/Hazama will go up in tier. [strikethrough] Tsubaki/Valkenhayn may drop. [/strikethrough] Changed my mind... Both sound like solid chars. Pretty interesting after couple of pages that game's a lot more balanced. You can tell 'cause tier only goes from S to C.

Also seems that no one likes the Nesica system. They done goofed up.

Kune still keeping it real :lol

nice to see Tsubaki representing as well

(all of this may change once again)

DY_nasty said:
People are really sleeping on the fact that Lambda has crossup now.

Hmm... haven't seen it yet... Then again haven't seen TOO many Lambda's vids. All I could see is that her run away game got a lot better (air backdash... ugh) and her air swords got better. I saw 4 sword cancels in one jump with a finisher on block so her moves are ridiculously fast too.

edit: Also hearing Ashura now does 2.5k dmg so Bangs have a legit DD counter.

DY_nasty

Prototype-03 said:
Hmm... haven't seen it yet... Then again haven't seen TOO many Lambda's vids. All I could see is that her run away game got a lot better (air backdash... ugh) and her air swords got better. I saw 4 sword cancels in one jump with a finisher on block so her moves are ridiculously fast too.

edit: Also hearing Ashura now does 2.5k dmg so Bangs have a legit DD counter.
I like new Bang.

The four sword attacks in the air is now the norm. Confused on how it'll effect the Tager matchup though. I'm sure it'll still be lopsided in Lambda's favor, but it may not be such a hilarious travesty of a matchup like its been in the past. BUT because Gravity Well can be used a lot more now (less drain for using it at range), who knows?

Lambda got a reworked version of Nu's 236D (the circular blade thing that moves along the ground). Its a lot more useful around the board. Before, spikes were the only thing that could really be counted on for ground zoning. The knockback on her 4B is fierce now - makes it safer than its ever been. Lambda finally has an overhead other than TK Crescent + Rapid.

I haven't seen too many people use the 236A yet because it goes against what a lot of how Lambda players usually play, but for the risk takers like myself... its so based. The range on it seems to be an issue though. From far enough out you'll be in close for throws and such but if you pull it from close enough (just outside of the 3C range), it'll put you behind the opponent. The recovery is probably whats got so many folks shook. You'll have to throw it out after hit stun or have your opponent trained to block no doubt.

Now I can't wait for the update to come to console, these combo are so pretty with that spin juggle, also great use with that 6C. He wins all his matches in that video. He even beat god tier arakune! :lol

_dementia said:
That match was thrilling to watch, combacks from both sides
Apparently that Haz player was Buppa? According to the comments anyway. That would explain a lot!

EDIT: Buppa is gdlk, so is Zakiyama.

SephirothRK said:
Now I can't wait for the update to come to console, these combo are so pretty with that spin juggle, also great use with that 6C. He wins all his matches in that video. He even beat god tier arakune! :lol
That match was thrilling to watch, combacks from both sides
Apparently that Haz player was Buppa? According to the comments anyway. That would explain a lot!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
QisTopTier said:
I'm just going to say this now, Tao and Hazama will be A tier at the LEAST that is all
SephirothRK said:
Hazama plays like ass :(, will adjust when update comes.
SephirothRK said:
so badass, these combos from Hazama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsGj1N5v14
SephirothRK said:
:lol:lol :lol

Steaks

_dementia said:
Overall the game seems more offense-oriented to me. Or maybe they just can't block the new shit I dunno.
Lowered blockstun, IB nerf and nerf to up-backing make the game more offense oriented, yes.

ApolloJoh

Fugu said:
It is flabberghasting how sparse information on Litchi is. Of all of the videos uploaded to youtube, not a single one of them that I've seen contains Litchi footage and all of the information regarding her changes were general things we already knew (no wallbounce and no cancelling into itsuu).

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gULckBnF5Q (First match)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9_lU916BfM

Also, 10.5k Hazama combo involving two gold bursts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LIvq2Zymc

Fugu

ApolloJoh said:
Things I've Noticed Besides the Obvious™
- 6C now drops in strange places (the second hit now seems to black beat after a Tsubame Gaeshi, which is not true in CS).
- 6A[m] might be faster.
- 6C[m] stagger is COOL.
- The staff may be a little bigger? See 8:25 second CH in the second video.
- People don't seem to know their combos. The second video of フィオ, who is arguably one of CS's strongest Litchi players, consists almost entirely of CS openers that are being dropped because they're no longer combos. There's a lot of 5B[m] 5C[m] 3C[m] which doesn't seem to link into anything but Tsubame Gaeshi and that only works at close range. There's a lot of 6B[m] into 5B[m] as well which is pure CS and doesn't seem to go anywhere in this. The staffless combos all appear to be possible in CS, too. People seem to be getting BIGGU DAMEEJI off of throws, though.
- Combos off of CH 6C[m] look like they're going to be big.

EDIT:
List of things that combo into Tsubame Gaeshi:
Everything

List of things that don't combo into Tsubame Gaeshi:
Tsubame Gaeshi

Fugu said:
Things I've Noticed Besides the Obvious™
- 6C now drops in strange places (the second hit now seems to black beat after a Tsubame Gaeshi, which is not true in CS).
- 6A[m] might be faster.
- 6C[m] stagger is COOL.
- The staff may be a little bigger? See 8:25 second CH in the second video.
- People don't seem to know their combos. The second video of フィオ, who is arguably one of CS's strongest Litchi players, consists almost entirely of CS openers that are being dropped because they're no longer combos. There's a lot of 5B[m] 5C[m] 3C[m] which doesn't seem to link into anything but Tsubame Gaeshi and that only works at close range. There's a lot of 6B[m] into 5B[m] as well which is pure CS and doesn't seem to go anywhere in this. The staffless combos all appear to be possible in CS, too. People seem to be getting BIGGU DAMEEJI off of throws, though.
- Combos off of CH 6C[m] look like they're going to be big.

EDIT:
List of things that combo into Tsubame Gaeshi:
Everything

List of things that don't combo into Tsubame Gaeshi:
Tsubame Gaeshi

Honestly, this game looks like a new reboot, so the characters who have changed the most are placed lower (Litchi, Ragna, Bang, Hazama) than they should be. Characters which haven't changed TOO much (Valkenhayn), looks like they're placed higher. But I'm going to refrain from saying too much since the game JUST came out. Litchi (for now) does not look bad at all. At worst you're going to end up with a character that has reach, strong resets, and a lot of 50/50 games... but mediocre damage.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
Honestly, this game looks like a new reboot, so the characters who have changed the most are placed lower (Litchi, Ragna, Bang, Hazama) than they should be. Characters which haven't changed TOO much (Valkenhayn), looks like they're placed higher. But I'm going to refrain from saying too much since the game JUST came out. Litchi (for now) does not look bad at all. At worst you're going to end up with a character that has reach, strong resets, and a lot of 50/50 games... but mediocre damage.
A lot of her pokes seem to function more like pokes do in other games and the way people are playing her right now, she's looking a lot like a zoning character. I don't think that's going to stick though, because every once in awhile you see glimpses of what's possible and they're very far off from what people are doing right now (4.1k off of CH 6C[m]? 1.7k off of 5b[m]? C'maaaaan).

DY_nasty

SolarPowered said:
I'm gonna watch the whole video at work, but I decided to skip ahead here and there to see if there was any Bang matches. He seems pretty good to me in a clip where he put 4.4K damage on platinum with ease.

Why are people saying that he has been nerfed?
Bang can't get away with nearly as much as he used to.

New stuff! http://www.youtube.com/user/jourdal#p/u/3/MRnDCZwr9EI

Mu/Tager vs Litchi

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Prototype-03 said:
Join the dark side. Get a PS3 :D

I know you want to.

I actually got SSFIV on both, but I'd probably be awful with BBCS on the PS3. I just use the 360 controller and got used to the shitty dpad. :lol

Papercuts said:
We should have a 360 lobby again soon, been a long time.
I'd be up for this as well. I've had plenty of game time with other people on my friend list so I'm all warmed up.
Prototype-03 said:
Join the dark side. Get a PS3 :D

I know you want to.
Yeah, this game and MvC3 are probably the only games I'll ever double dip on.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Take Out Bandit said:
Crap!

I missed the 360 jamboree.

Sorry, I've been working long stupid days recently. Once finals is over I will have my evenings back. :(

It's still going on!

Top Bottom