• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

DLC going on sale for a limited time. Most of them will be 50% off.
http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/12/17/blazblue-continuum-shift-dlc-going-on-sale/#more-5320
XBL
Unlock Playable Character “Makoto Nanaya”

Normal Price
560 Microsoft Points

Sale Price
320 Microsoft Points

Unlock Playable Character “Valkenhayn R. Hellsing”

Normal Price
560 Microsoft Points

Sale Price
320 Microsoft Points

PSN
Unlock Playable Character “Makoto Nanaya”

Normal Price
$7.99

Sale Price
$4.49

Unlock Playable Character “Valkenhayn R. Hellsing”

Normal Price
$7.99

Sale Price
$4.49

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Isn't Valk already on sale on 360? I'm pretty sure I already picked him up for 320 points...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It seems that Tao has a new loop now...using j.8D~A :

corner
2C FC, 6C, 5C, j.8D~A (11x), 2D, j.D~6, j.C, j.8D~C, j.8D~6, j.2D~6, Cat 2
5.508 dmg

A list of how many j.8D~A you can do in a combo:
5B, 6A, j.2D~B, 5C, j.8D~A (3x)
5B, 3C, Cat 1, 5D~B, 5C, j.8D~A (3x)
5B, 2B, 6A, j.2D~B, 5C, j.8D~A (2x)
2B, 6A, j.2D~B, 5C, j.8D~A (2x)
2A, 5B, 6A, j.2D~B, 5C, j.8D~A (1x)
3C, Cat 1, 5D~B, 5C, j.8D~A (5x)
corner 6BC, j.D~A, 5C, j.8D~A (2x)
4BC, 5B, 5C, j.8D~A (2x)
Air Throw, 5B, 5C, j.8D~A (2x)
corner 6C, 5C, j.8D~A (6x)

midscreen, ~4.000 damage
5B, 3C, Cat 1, 5D~B, dash 5C, j.8D~A (3x), 2D~C, j.8D, j.D~6, j.C, j.8D~6, j.2D~6, Cat 2

corner, ~4.700 damage
5B, 3C, Cat 3 (2 hits), 5D~A, j.8D~A (6x), aerial
:lol :lol :lol

The statement is true only if you include future and potentially unannounced DLC. The system and balance changes haven't been announced, and Platinum has a vague Spring release rumor.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
_dementia said:
The statement is true only if you include future and potentially unannounced DLC. The system and balance changes haven't been announced, and Platinum has a vague Spring release rumor.

Yes, they are gonna put plat in the game although she's based off the cs2 engine now. What I'm saying is, the patch is coming with her, it got delayed to spring so the arcade version gets some $$$

QisTopTier said:
Yes, they are gonna put plat in the game although she's based off the cs2 engine now. What I'm saying is, the patch is coming with her, it got delayed to spring so the arcade version gets some $$$
These companies who make fighting games need to find a new way to make money...

ugh

Edit:
I saw the tager video that Nasty posted above. Tager is gonna teach everyone dat science and Bang does not look as bad as people say at all(lack of wallbounce is a bitch though).

Nemesis_

remz said:
Have the additional pallettes vanished from the marketplace for anyone else?

The Australian marketplace never actually had the additional content BESIDES Valk/Makoto available. =/

vg260

Does the "Unlock All Unlimited Characters" DLC contain the basic Mu character or just the unlimited version? i.e. do you still need to unlock Mu even if you get this? Thanks.

2&2 said:
Does the "Unlock All Unlimited Characters" DLC contain the basic Mu character or just the unlimited version? i.e. do you still need to unlock Mu even if you get this? Thanks.

Yes. When you unlock her normally or through purchase, the Unlimited Version is included, just like Valkenhayn, Makoto, and Platinum.

Coeliacus

Any word on international arcades lately? Fubar? Is it completely dead in the water?

Cos of AE I'm pretty much just in arcades now, no point hooking up a console except for training mode. Now that I've seen gameplay of Platinuum playing I've lost all interest in CS1. So good.

Fugu

Zanken said:
Any word on international arcades lately? Fubar? Is it completely dead in the water?
Officially there are no cabs outside of Japan, but some people have found a way around the system. I know that my local arcade has bought a cab, for example.

Friend sent me 1600 Allards, so I snagged Makoto since she's on sale too.

Unfortunately the box also contained Polygonal Abortion Fighter as some kind of joke gift. However I'm considering just playing it to make him regret sending it to me, in the spirit of that one dude that hates 4 but plays it competitively to make other people hate it.

What's that guy's name?

He's my hero!

Fugu said:
Her strength is hyperinflated just like current Makoto; those blockstrings have holes and it's only a matter of time before people get comfortable with poking holes in them.

Well, with the instant block changes, her blockstrings are now legit. Pretty much how Tsubaki's blockstrings are now legit 'cause you can't IB out of them. Makoto's hits have surprisingly long block stun.

Fugu

The IB change also masks a lot of unsafe gatling resets. Many of Tao's crossup resets are visibly unsafe but people aren't blocking them because they're just not familiar with them.

Fugu said:
The IB change also masks a lot of unsafe gatling resets. Many of Tao's crossup resets are visibly unsafe but people aren't blocking them because they're just not familiar with them.

That has nothing to do with IB. Tao was already doing that in CS1.

Fugu

The IB change makes the holes in, say, dash resets smaller so it makes it harder to eyeball which ones are safe and which ones aren't. This is definitely having an effect on why people are just sitting there against Tao and Makoto.

Fugu

I love playing against Makoto as Litchi. It doesn't matter how much of a boss you think you are, 6B.

EDIT: While I remember, Prototype, stop reading this and fix your tournament consarnit.

EDIT 2: Oh you did.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Wow, Makoto is kind of fun.
Yeah, I just finished playing a few matches with a friend and she is pretty fun. I have not managed to connect her drive punches very well, but getting up close and personal with your foe is pretty fun as her.

Learning how to shoot out that electric ball and maintaining steady damage is actually pretty challenging which is pretty refreshing when most characters become useless after you pick your main. I'm also having a much better time with Tsubaki too. I can't wait until the patch when they both receive some decent buffs.

Valkenhayn is a harder because he has quite a few combos that are dependent on his drive attacks and they're high up in the air.

SolarPowered said:
Yeah, I just finished playing a few matches with a friend and she is pretty fun. I have not managed to connect her drive punches very well, but getting up close and personal with your foe is pretty fun as her.

Learning how to shoot out that electric ball and maintaining steady damage is actually pretty challenging which is pretty refreshing when most characters become useless after you pick your main. I'm also having a much better time with Tsubaki too. I can't wait until the patch when they both receive some decent buffs.

Valkenhayn is a harder because he has quite a few combos that are dependent on his drive attacks and they're high up in the air.

Exactly!

I need to get my buddy into the game, so I'm easing off of Tager for a while.

I'm trying to meet him half way in SF4, and get him to meet me half way in BB:CS. He's not sure what character to use and I'm not very good at selling it to him since I only speak Science and Magnetism. :|

The Take Out Bandit said:
Exactly!

I need to get my buddy into the game, so I'm easing off of Tager for a while.

I'm trying to meet him half way in SF4, and get him to meet me half way in BB:CS. He's not sure what character to use and I'm not very good at selling it to him since I only speak Science and Magnetism. :|
Bang is an easy character to learn combos with and getting decent damage with him feels pretty rewarding. I'd recommend him to your friend if he wants to learn air combos/grab combos without too much work. Ragna and Jin are another two characters whose combos are not too hard to grasp and he'd probably like them if he ever got into story mode in a serious way(Jin is fuckin' nuts, man!). The rest of the cast has their own niche specialties that make it too hard to branch out afterwards if you ask me and Tsubaki is way too weak for your friend to feel satisfied while playing her at the moment(I'd recommend her if she didn't get her ass kicked all over the place). Ask your friend about the characters and find out which of the drive mechanisms seem coolest to him and what kinds of characters appeal to him in fighting games(generally).

I'd really recommend Makoto after getting some play time with her, but I don't know how your friend feels about DLC or Squirrel girls.

:3

Top Bottom