• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

I've been told that the expressway to full membership is to shit up the BlazBlue thread as profusely as you can.

Fugu said:
I've been told that the expressway to full membership is to shit up the BlazBlue thread as profusely as you can.
I could have sworn you were talking about me as you were writing this. I think that may apply to almost all of us in a sense. This thread is full of craziness coming from all sides.

I think it's why I keep coming back here.:lol

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
QisTopTier said:
Hey man I can like, squirt water on the ground and make them slip and shoot themselves in the face or something else, but I gotta think harder and come up with more gimicky crap to win

Or you can make them think that you going to squirt water on the ground, instead you just throw the water gun at them and run in for some pressure + wake up game. Yami done right!

kiunchbb said:
Or you can make them think that you going to squirt water on the ground, instead you just throw the water gun at them and run in for some pressure + wake up game. Yami done right!

Next level of Yomi=Yami?

Prototype-03 said:
Next level of Yomi=Yami?

lol

Man, some walls of text going on in here.

As much as I love fighting games, typing walls of text about them was never my strong point and my limited attention span just tunes out after a while.

Speaking of which, I'm on furlough all this week so if anybody wants to do a play date I'm available before 9PM EST for the rest of the week. :D

I need to practice more as I've been talking a ton of trash amongst friends and I need GAF beat downs to keep me honest and my reflexes sharp. Even if it is hitting the ground face first skills. :lol

I started playing with Tao a couple of days ago and now I'm learning her 3K damage air combos...

I'm a Bang player at heart, but I think I'm actually learning how to play another character for the first time since I booted up the disk. She feels fast, but manageable even though watching her play scares the hell out of me.

Hmmm

SolarPowered said:
I started playing with Tao a couple of days ago and now I'm learning her 3K damage air combos...

I'm a Bang player at heart, but I think I'm actually learning how to play another character for the first time since I booted up the disk. She feels fast, but manageable even though watching her play scares the hell out of me.

Hmmm

I still need to get out of the Tager comfort zone. Like we've been over in the past, I like his combo lite hard hitting play style. Plus his design is the least offensive of the lot. :p

I have this horrible feeling Makoto will just be too far out of my comfort zone and I'll revert to Scientific Shenanigans.

I played some Tager the other day and I've actually managed to connect some of his basic combos. I think I've reached the point where I just want to fuck around. I'm practicing with Tao again and I'm having a blast.

Kinda hoping 360 gaf gets together for a couple more games so I can try this out.
The Take Out Bandit said:
I still need to get out of the Tager comfort zone. Like we've been over in the past, I like his combo lite hard hitting play style. Plus his design is the least offensive of the lot. :p

I have this horrible feeling Makoto will just be too far out of my comfort zone and I'll revert to Scientific Shenanigans.
You should stick with it for at least a few days. You're offensive style is obviously not a good match with a patient guy like Tager. Makoto may be up your alley if you can learn fast resets and timing with drive punches.
Prototype-03 said:
I'd watch it if I were not downloading CS on steam. If the other youtube are anything to go by then everyone outside of Arakune and Tager have developed nicely so far.

SolarPowered said:
Kinda hoping 360 gaf gets together for a couple more games so I can try this out.

We should just schedule a weekly play date at X Time, on X Day.

You should stick with it for at least a few days. You're offensive style is obviously not a good match with a patient guy like Tager. Makoto may be up your alley if you can learn fast resets and timing with drive punches.

You do realize you rape the hell out of me with Bang. I admit, I don't know exactly when Bang is hitting L/M/H so it's tough to block your shenanigans; and then there's the whole you're on both sides of me at any given time. So it's tough to have a solid defense there. :p

Yeah, I could spend more time (all of it) practicing blocking; but hitting things is fun too. :D

I do need to play more against high level players and more against just the GAF360 regulars. You're Bang, Dynasty is Robololi, and I'm Science Punching Bag. :p

I swear, if it weren't for ASW character designs I would have found a second by now. :lol

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Prototype-03 said:
Next level of Yomi=Yami?

Just for this I won't teach you the secret of Yami!

edit: omg the video of Noel vs Ragnar is complete opposite of CS1 Noel vs Ragnar. In CS1, Noel can do 4 combo, then Ragnar will land a 5B then caught up with you. Now it is the other way around, Ragnar will play like CS1 Noel, where you fish for counter, push them for corner then either pressure them to death or lose the game. The only difference is CS2 Ragnar still has lots of range and prioirty, where CS1 Noel has to rely on 5D, 2D, 4D invincibility.

But WHO CARE!!!!!!!!! PLATINUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
akachan ningen said:
I'm aware. :lol I'll be playing mvc3 for a while anyway so it's okay.

how many of you cool dudes are getting mvc3?

I am getting it for sure, not sure about the others, they are not as... cool.

We should just schedule a weekly play date at X Time, on X Day.
Some thing like that may be nice. I'm available most days now that I'm on vacation anyway.
You do realize you rape the hell out of me with Bang. I admit, I don't know exactly when Bang is hitting L/M/H so it's tough to block your shenanigans; and then there's the whole you're on both sides of me at any given time. So it's tough to have a solid defense there. :p

Yeah, I could spend more time (all of it) practicing blocking; but hitting things is fun too. :D
This is a matter of experience. You just need to run into the thick of battle online until you learn it by brute force. There is no easy way to learn this. Trust me I would've loved to tighten my defense without playing hundreds of matches.
I do need to play more against high level players and more against just the GAF360 regulars. You're Bang, Dynasty is Robololi, and I'm Science Punching Bag. :p
I'd say you'd be better off fighting people from all over the place. This is especially harsh because losing against opponents you do not know is especially frustrating. I can't count the number of times I nearly lost my shit in ranked matches and I still experience a beatdown every once in a while in a player match(rare though).

Playing us over and over will help you improve a lot, but the key lies in sheer random numbers.
I swear, if it weren't for ASW character designs I would have found a second by now. :lol
I figured Valkenhayne would be right up your alley. He does not look outlandish in any way shape or form. Most would say his werewolf drive is a plus in terms of mechanics and overall design too.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Robololi doesn't deserve this.

(should be getting my ps3 this week... qis, pro - prepare your bodies)

QisTopTier said:
Yay, fresh meat. Well not really fresh, more like beef jerky. :D

I haven't played in so long. Nier has taken 40 hrs of my life in a span of two weeks... And I'm a working man :(

I just finished my 1st play through so 3 more to go :lol

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
I haven't played in so long. Nier has taken 40 hrs of my life in a span of two weeks... And I'm a working man :(

I just finished my 1st play through so 3 more to go :lol
WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT THE ANTI-AIRS

...Jump more, I guess.
That's what I do when you're not playing, by the way. Sometimes I just pop into training mode and jump just to see how many times I can do it in a minute.

Fugu said:
WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT THE ANTI-AIRS

...Jump more, I guess.
That's what I do when you're not playing, by the way. Sometimes I just pop into training mode and jump just to see how many times I can do it in a minute.

What?

DY_nasty

Got my PS3 (BB:CS, Valk Chronicles, Uncharted 1):D

Best part is I got 100 bucks in store credit out of nowhere I think they screwed up the transaction when I returned my 360. I already used that credit to buy my PSP. Chrimbus Miracles all up in this bitch.

Gonna watch the basketball games tonight first though. I'll set everything up later on...

Infinite Justice said:
finally went to the dark side eh :lol
There were cookies!

DY_nasty said:
Got my PS3 (BB:CS, Valk Chronicles, Uncharted 1):D

Best part is I got 100 bucks in store credit out of nowhere I think they screwed up the transaction when I returned my 360. I already used that credit to buy my PSP. Chrimbus Miracles all up in this bitch.

Gonna watch the basketball games tonight first though. I'll set everything up later on...

There were cookies!

Lakers have been tanking it so badly. The worst excuse is Pau is getting exhausted. There's no reason for him to lose in rebounds against 6-10 guys and missing lay ups. Plus our guards have been horrible. Actually, everything's been bad except for Kobe getting flashes of his former self then dwindling by the end game. He's gotten so old :(

Hopefully you're a Lakers fan too :D

Also, what's your PSN? I'll add you later tonight.

DY_nasty

Lakers gonna Lake (you should come to the NBA thread, all is fair in love and trolling)

I still gotta hook it up, I'll post as soon as I'm setup though.

xero273

DY_nasty said:
Lakers gonna Lake (you should come to the NBA thread, all is fair in love and trolling)

I still gotta hook it up, I'll post as soon as I'm setup though.

woo another nub... maybe I might have a chance now

I need to get back to BB.. damn backlog

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
xero273 said:
woo another nub... maybe I might have a chance now

I need to get back to BB.. damn backlog

You know if people in general played and didn't worry about losing so much you'd all be on par with proto, fugu, and me by now.

ApolloJoh

DY_nasty said:
Why does everything take so long on the ps3? -_-

Because it does everything, which includes long installs!

Doing other things make it seem like 5 minutes though.

Welcome to the PS3 crew, yo.

DY_nasty

ApolloJoh said:
Because it does everything, which includes long installs!

Doing other things make it seem like 5 minutes though.

Welcome to the PS3 crew, yo.
It does do everything :x

Seems I was already on PSN too through my PSP...

DY_nastyIV

COME AT ME BROS

DY_nasty

Holy fuck, I'll never TK again...

Either my controller is sticking, or I'm really going to have to get used to a pad that doesn't reward my bullshit :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
Holy fuck, I'll never TK again...

Either my controller is sticking, or I'm really going to have to get used to a pad that doesn't reward my bullshit :lol

I can tk on a ps pad just fine >.>

Also let's play in like an hour :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
firehawk12 said:
I just noticed that all the DLC is on sale - are the two characters worth it?

Seeing how they don't play anything like any of the other characters in the game *same could be said for any character actually* yeah it's worth it, unless you have 0 interest in them

firehawk12

Subete no aware
QisTopTier said:
Seeing how they don't play anything like any of the other characters in the game *same could be said for any character actually* yeah it's worth it, unless you have 0 interest in them

I'm the jerk who buys anything on sale I guess. :lol

Oh yeah, I take it the other DLC isn't worth it?

DY_nasty

QisTopTier said:
I can tk on a ps pad just fine >.>
TK'ing on PS pad actually requires you to know what you're doing. I can bullshit a TK fine on 360. Just gonna take a little getting used to. I should be fine after a while.

Got the adds

DY_nasty

My X button is messed up... thats what it is. :/

I'll still play, but its gonna be Hambda from the get go. Gonna get a new controller first thing tomorrow.

DY_nasty

Its not what you think! My router just reset!!!

Edit: my god this controller makes me want to kick babies...

Top Bottom