• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

The Take Out Bandit said:
Modular parts.

1sm8mt.gif

Yes, I'm bummed about the Seimitsu part; but you're missing the fact I had to replace all of the stock components with Seimitsu parts to get a functioning stick.

Madcrapz should just sell the SE case and circuit board for $25 and let you buy good parts elsewhere. :|

Well, let's be fair here... the case and circuit board for $25.00 won't give them any profit. Hell, the cthulhu board alone is like $30.00 and the ChimpSMP is $35.00. FYI, those two don't even come with a USB cable. The Paewang (which is a dual pcb and comes with USB cable) is $55.00.

A case and the PCB for $50.00 sounds like a great deal for me. Besides, Madcatz goes on sale from time to time for the TE sticks and I've seen them as low as $100.00. Of course, those are sanwa parts not the seimitsus that you want, but these are great deals. Also, the TEs are known to be easy to swap out the artwork as well, so if you want to customize, the TE is a great option.

I mean, you're more than welcome to make your own stick... In fact, I encourage you if you'll be happier that way. I just don't share your view that Madcatz' stick sucks. I mean, I bought the Hori FS3 on CLEARANCE for $30 (originally... $50-75, I think?). It's a decent starter stick, but it's almost impossible to swap out the buttons/stick when/if they go bad.

Also, I have no idea what a modular button is... I know that you can still take apart the snap in buttons and you can even use the screw in button for the SE stick... you're kinda on your own on that one :p

QisTopTier said:
Shout outs to complaining and arguments that make no sense.

I swear to god, Fugu and Prototype just made me exclaim JESUS F*CKING CHRIST with their wild tangents.

I provided diagrams and definitions. Am I not speaking English? Was Fugu NOT just arguing FOR the TE stick? F*ck all, if you're going to attempt a message board conversation, please at least remain consistent and pay attention. =_=;

I'm done.

I'm using magic to forge a joystick from the rib of Daigo which I stole in his sleep! Then I'll attend EVO on my flying unicorn Mentholyptus! :D

I swear to god, Fugu and Prototype just made me exclaim JESUS F*CKING CHRIST with their wild tangents.

I provided diagrams and definitions. Am I not speaking English? Was Fugu NOT just arguing FOR the TE stick? F*ck all, if you're going to attempt a message board conversation, please at least remain consistent and pay attention. =_=;

I'm done.

I'm using magic to forge a joystick from the rib of Daigo which I stole in his sleep! Then I'll attend EVO on my flying unicorn Mentholyptus! :D

Really? Because I was saying the same thing. What I heard was "my Seimitsu button crapped out, Madcatz sucks."

Then I told you it's not Madcatz' fault for Seimitsu button crapping out.

Then you told me, "Well, they suck for having a bad buttons and make me swap out buttons instead... I rather have modular buttons. Oh, the case and pcb should only be $25."

Then I told you, I still have no idea wtf modular buttons are, but told you that you can take apart the push-in button because the definition of your "modular button" was that you can take it apart. The diagram you gave me looks like a screw-in type so also gave you that alternative. And also explained to you why the price you're asking is ludicrous and gave you alternatives.

What am I doing wrong?

Fugu

I'm done.

I was arguing for the SE, not the TE. I asked you a legitimate question -- what parts (which PCB, what stick, which cables, etc.) do you intend to make this Discount Stick™ out of -- and I haven't deviated from that question except to inform you that your perception of the price of an SE is vastly outdated.
A modular part is one that can be separated entirely from its dependencies. Sanwa and Semitsu sell modular parts.

I cannot be more consistent than by repeating myself.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
I'm pretty sure those are just preorders though. Etokki has the Paewang PCBs in stock.
Yea, it does still say preorder on the FocusAttack page, but I checked out the SRK Trading Outlet thread and they said they're shipping out the PCBs a day or 2 after the order's placed now... the turn around's not bad.

EDIT: And it actually says they have ~40 in stock, so now's a good time to grab one if you're interested but missed out on the initial batches.

remz said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Sell this shit to me now. 3DS YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD.

I believe it's been mentioned it's just a port of the PSP release of the same title. So at least Nintendo is up to technological snuff with Sony, for now. :lol

Thanks for the link to the focus attack board. That's what I was talking about.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
remz said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Sell this shit to me now. 3DS YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD.

Now I can bring Platinum with me everywhere! Hopefully console patch will release before the 3DS and PSP CS2, I will hate it if they release it in handheld first just to get more sales (not to mention its all the way in March).

xero273

kiunchbb said:
Now I can bring Platinum with me everywhere! Hopefully console patch will release before the 3DS and PSP CS2, I will hate it if they release it in handheld first just to get more sales (not to mention its all the way in March).

and she'll be in 3d. it's almost like she is right there with you!!

V_Arnold

Alright, I jumped in. Bought it for 23$.
I am not hoping SFIV levels of fun, but at least I will learn how to control a fighter properly, to prepare to MVC3. Which new characters are the best for me?

In the original, I had the most fun using Litchi. I main Viper and practice Ibuki also in SSFIV. Thanks for the advice.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
V_Arnold said:
I am not hoping SFIV levels of fun, but at least I will learn how to control a fighter properly, to prepare to MVC3. Which new characters are the best for me?

In the original, I had the most fun using Litchi. I main Viper and practice Ibuki also in SSFIV. Thanks for the advice.

If you don't mind paying a little extra, Makoto is a lot of fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Quick question - I bought both Valkenhayn and Makoto on XBLM, but for some reason the Makoto DLC won't queue up. I've tried it from my account on the website and from the xbox itself. Is it part of another package or is there some crazy error?

firehawk12 said:
Quick question - I bought both Valkenhayn and Makoto on XBLM, but for some reason the Makoto DLC won't queue up. I've tried it from my account on the website and from the xbox itself. Is it part of another package or is there some crazy error?

Did you download the patch for the game which included her earlier, where other players online could use her against you? If you've done that the "download" for her on your system is just a quick unlock key.

Check your character select screen.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Speaking about DLC, i see that Valkenhayn has been re uploaded today on marketplace. Did they fix the bugged achievements ?

Not at home so i cant try myself :lol

V_Arnold

Btw what is this Version 1.0 / Latest stuff?
Everyone i have tried to connect online had 1.02 version, and "Unable to determine version" error greeted me when I tried to connect.

This is not something a console game should throw at the user's face with automatic and mandatory updates being part of the 360 system, so what the hell?

ZealousD said:
If you don't mind paying a little extra, Makoto is a lot of fun.

Nah, I would not pay for that, keeping all the points I have left for some MVC hotness if they decide to throw out some interesting one after launch. Hazama seems very fun though, so far.

danmaku

V_Arnold said:
Everyone i have tried to connect online had 1.02 version, and "Unable to determine version" error greeted me when I tried to connect.

This is not something a console game should throw at the user's face with automatic and mandatory updates being part of the 360 system, so what the hell?

1.02 is the patch that allows you to play against people who bought Makoto and / or Valk. Yes, it should be mandatory but for some reason it isn't (I guess they want to give you the option of playing without seeing the extra characters...).

V_Arnold said:

That sounds awful. Updates are mandatory on the PS3 version for what it's worth. I didn't know they were delivered differently on Xbox.

V_Arnold

xero273 said:
Not sure if this is the problem. Can't you set the version in the options? Maybe he has it set to 1.0.

No, I have solved it, had to manually download some kind of catalog to be able to play with others. After that, 1.02 appeared. Before that, only 1.00 and "latest" was the option - with latest obviously being the same as 1.00 :D

Sorry for the noob question but I reformatted my drive and lost my bookmarks. There was a site you guys recommended early in the thread for learning combos. Anyone remember the site?

V_Arnold said:

I hate you, where did you find it for $23?

Fugu

I've used the SF TE like a million times before and having used a modified SE for about two years I just decided that it's about time I got a heavier stick. When I play, the SE slides all over the place and it's a little problematic.

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
Who's up for games tonight on psn. Haven't played in a week due to stuff, I'm gonna be rusty! Free wins :lol
I'm going to be on tonight. I've been playing like absolute piss lately on account of CS2 so free wins for everyone.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
If my connection did not get screw up tonite, I am up for some game. I highly doubt it tho, been super slow every night after 6 or 7 pm.

So something like this:

2A > 5B (1) > 3C, 2B > 5C (HJC) > j.B > j.C > j.D, 214C (1723)

If I do it right will 5C automatically be a high jump cancel due to it's position in the combo or do I have to do something besides just 5C to do a HJC?

Edit: I feel like I'm doing something wrong, can't do combos for shit. :(

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
Change your avatar you noob xmas is over
I'm online.

I'll play anyone who wants to, my psn is Fygu if you don't have it.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So something like this:

2A > 5B (1) > 3C, 2B > 5C (HJC) > j.B > j.C > j.D, 214C (1723)

If I do it right will 5C automatically be a high jump cancel due to it's position in the combo or do I have to do something besides just 5C to do a HJC?

Edit: I feel like I'm doing something wrong, can't do combos for shit. :(
To do a sj cancel (I'm going to go ahead and assume that that's what they mean by a HJC unless this is something character-specific that I don't know) you have to essentially gatling into a jump, meaning you have to interrupt the closing animations of the attack with a jump. You should be performing the SJ well before you would normally jump after doing the move.

For your sanity, you may want to also try practicing this combo opening on the 5B instead of the 2A. Also, combos are hard. Don't get too discouraged.

Fugu said:
I'm online.

I'll play anyone who wants to, my psn is Fygu if you don't have it.

To do a sj cancel (I'm going to go ahead and assume that that's what they mean by a HJC unless this is something character-specific that I don't know) you have to essentially gatling into a jump, meaning you have to interrupt the closing animations of the attack with a jump. You should be performing the SJ well before you would normally jump after doing the move.

For your sanity, you may want to also try practicing this combo opening on the 5B instead of the 2A. Also, combos are hard. Don't get too discouraged.

Dunno, got it from dustloop. These are there notations:

CH = Counter Hit
JC = Jump Cancel
JCC = Jump Cancel Cancel
HJC = High Jump Cancel
DC = Dash Cancel
RC = Rapid Cancel

Top Bottom