• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

remz

DY_nasty said:
Who wouldn't want a night alone with a homunculus?
Prototype-03 said:
oh yeah, that key was so sexy

good men, good men.

my younger brother has recently picked up BB. He's 13 and picking up surprisingly fast after hating every fighter ever. I think I'm training a killer.

remz said:
my younger brother has recently picked up BB. He's 13 and picking up surprisingly fast after hating every fighter ever. I think I'm training a killer.

Nice. Is he getting his friends into it?

I can see this game being really appealing to today's kids and their crazy Japanese cartoons. :p

There was a kid we taught to play SF2 back in the day at the local video store (when coin-ops could be found in lobbies) while his mother and grandfather played pinball. In a couple of months time the little bastard was spanking us. Good times.

remz

The Take Out Bandit said:
Nice. Is he getting his friends into it?

I can see this game being really appealing to today's kids and their crazy Japanese cartoons. :p
As far as I know he's tried to but with little success, his friends aren't really the "anime type" as much as he is.

and yeah, i think Blazblue is super appealing to the Naruto genertaion.

simtmb

Just started playing BBCS. Despite getting BBCT on release, i put about an hour into it. Now that i put down SSFIV, I've been playing this occasionally.

Putting my effort in to learn Hazama, such an awesome character. Most fun I've had using a character in any fighter in quite the long time. Loving it so far. :D

simtmb said:
Just started playing BBCS. Despite getting BBCT on release, i put about an hour into it. Now that i put down SSFIV, I've been playing this occasionally.

Putting my effort in to learn Hazama, such an awesome character. Most fun I've had using a character in any fighter in quite the long time. Loving it so far. :D
YAY! I love Hazama too. I'm very much looking forward to playing is CS2 incarnation once the patch is out. As he is in CS1 he's one-dimensional.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ky didn't just hit, he knowingly jeopardized the fate of this entire plane of existence by declaring Dizzy to be his waifu.

DY_nasty said:
Ky didn't just hit, he knowingly jeopardized the fate of this entire plane of existence by declaring Dizzy to be his waifu.

OMG WHO CARES?! WHAT MATTERS IS THAT TSUBAKI WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS OS!!!!

MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA

:(

Prototype-03 said:
OMG WHO CARES?! WHAT MATTERS IS THAT TSUBAKI WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS OS!!!!

MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA

:(

"Please refrain from any Order Sol jokes"

/Tsubaki

_dementia said:
I never played GG2, but I'm sure Johnny was jealous :lol

could still be in shock after he got a Bridget dropped on him.

DY_nasty said:
Then he named his child Sin.

The audacity.

He knows he's Guilty

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Overture wasn't all that bad of a game really... In a lot of ways, it did Dynasty Warriors better than Dynasty Warriors. Just lacked content and needed some touches across the board.

I got it for 10 bucks at gamestop a few weeks ago, money well spent (now).

remz

DY_nasty said:
Overture wasn't all that bad of a game really... In a lot of ways, it did Dynasty Warriors better than Dynasty Warriors. Just lacked content and needed some touches across the board.

I got it for 10 bucks at gamestop a few weeks ago, money well spent (now).
I quite liked the demo. Need to find the full game, but it's pretty rare in PAL land.

3794675591_d478316190_z.jpg

I actually won GG2 and the game's prize pack, along with the Accent Core Secret Gig CD a couple years ago from the folks at Aksys.
Still shrinkwrapped. Not that I don't appreciate it!

DY_nasty said:

Oh no, you're one of those people. :|

Sorry guys, didn't make it. Got an impacted asshole full of my job, it stressed me the hell out and I came home, ate dinner and went to bed instead of messing with video games. =_=;

I never played the Guilty gear games in depth like you guys so most of this talk goes over my head. One of the few things I remember is Jam making Ky a picnic which resulted in hilarity of the most awkward order. If I had to choose between Dizzy and Jam...

Jam>>>>>>Dizzy

:lol
Zanken said:
To be fair, at least Makoto has massive feet/hands in Third Strike as well. I liked the fact that they retained that, it makes standing strong and standing roundhouse look as meaty (pardon the pun) as they are. :D

Ibuki isn't so bad appearance wise, I just don't think she moves right. That is really frequent in SF4 though, not much can be done about that.

Zanken said:
Back onto BB, I do dislike the way it has depicts it's female characters as much as I get that it's all apart of the anime themes they are all drawn from. Guilty Gear I thought was really clever and even mature about sex, with each character having a distinct and underlying sexual theme. Mori is not Daisuke by any stretch of the imagination. :lol
I never really gave the guilty gear designs much thought beyond "these designs look fuckin awesome, brah!". I'm not as impressed by the BlazBlue designs, but I'll take them since we're probably not gonna get much more in the 2D sprite department. They've still got some interesting designs(I'm fond of Tao and Rachel has always been very impressive in motion) and the game is chocked full of design that draws from Guilty gear(Litchi and Bang come to mind).
Oh no, you're one of those people. :|

Sorry guys, didn't make it. Got an impacted asshole full of my job, it stressed me the hell out and I came home, ate dinner and went to bed instead of messing with video games. =_=;
I was wondering where everyone was at. I've been having regular matches with several people so I was hoping to add to that a bit. I can get the need to relax when your job is on your ass though.

Haha - it wasn't even about relaxing. Yesterday was just one of those days that had me questioning why I haven't worked up the nerve to open my femoral arteries and end it all by the end of the work day. The combination of bending over backward for users that don't work within our alleged policies, figuring out how to install networked devices on an unsupported operating system, getting support from a co-worker that has people on his ass, and have it all done by the end of the day. All the while my back pain has increasingly been getting worse. I'm sure it's to do with the extra pounds I've packed on recently, but the cold weather isn't helping either.

I'll try getting on tonight.

Squeezed in some training mode tonight.

Got sick of button sticking, so yanked out the jacked up Seimitsu (<5 month lifespan FAIL) and put in one of the unloved Madcrapz buttons back in.

I need to just built my own damn stick. My PS2 stick barely required repair and it's lasted a decade.

Anybody know of a PS3/360 custom board that's available now?

Thanks.

Squeezed in some training mode tonight.

Got sick of button sticking, so yanked out the jacked up Seimitsu (<5 month lifespan FAIL) and put in one of the unloved Madcrapz buttons back in.

I need to just built my own damn stick. My PS2 stick barely required repair and it's lasted a decade.

Anybody know of a PS3/360 custom board that's available now?

Thanks.

Cthulhu for PS3: http://www.lizardlick.com/Toodles-Cthulhu-for-PCPS3_p_543.html

ChimpSMD for PS3/360: http://www.lizardlick.com/Toodles-ChimpSMD_p_584.html

Thanks guys.

Prototype-03 said:
There's an arcade stick out there that blows except for the PCB. They actually sell the PCB only too but it's a bit pricey.

http://www.etokki.com/Joytron Paewang Revolution PCB Only

It's that one.

edit: BEATEN :(

I'm looking for PARTS. As mentioned previously, I'm tired of off the shelf sticks - they're good if you're unambitious or content with Madcrapz slapping a new sticker on shoddy craftsmanship*. I'm planning to build Frankenstick2.0 for use with both 360/PS3. It won't have this hippy ergonomic button crap, it will be larger, and it will have modular parts.

I'm also going to try and make it smaller than the small end table I use for my PS2. :lol

I don't know, the hippy part of me is just offended by the disposable parts for use with these store bought sticks. It's not a problem if you're not slightly bothered with the thought of throwing a bunch of plastic in a landfill that's fine.

I'd rather just replace the switch. The buttons I've got in my PS2 stick have lasted a decade. No sticking like my barely five month old Seimitsu button.

Yeah, I'm crazy. Sorry for the jag. I realize folks are content with over the counter solutions for things.

* I know folks will say "Spend the money on the overpriced Madcatz stick!" Problem here is I know I can build a better stick for what that one costs, plus Hori for the past 15 years has managed to release economy model fight sticks that work. I have friends that still use their Hori PS1 fight sticks with a series of adapters.

Haha, Hori's gray and yellow Namco PS1 stick was the truth!
I played a lot of BBCS with it, but the 3.50 firmware update broke compatibility with my Hais converter. I'll have to pick up an inPin some day.

Fugu

* I know folks will say "Spend the money on the overpriced Madcatz stick!" Problem here is I know I can build a better stick for what that one costs, plus Hori for the past 15 years has managed to release economy model fight sticks that work. I have friends that still use their Hori PS1 fight sticks with a series of adapters.
Out of what? I'm genuinely curious, because the SE fightstick is recommended explicitly because it is economical.

Fugu said:
Out of what? I'm genuinely curious, because the SE fightstick is recommended explicitly because it is economical.

hmm... maybe this?

shoebox-arcade-stick.jpg

:lol

If you need individual parts, just go to lizard lick and just get a button. One of my sanwa button is dying too and I need to replace mine. Only about a year old and it's pretty much just me using it.

Fugu said:

Wood. :|

Do the math online.

Total stick components would run $93.40 (pre-shipping), but I already have parts. So I just need the circuit board which is $55. Then $10-15 worth of wood. :\

I'm not saying it's substantially less than the Madcrapz stick; but I can do it for at least $25-35 less than they ask and have the benefit of a crap company not getting my money.

As I've said, my PS2 stick has lasted a decade. That's half the age of your average GAF member, and in that time I've only has to replace one switch in a push button and replace the stick bat because I RAAAAAAGED during a VF4 match and bent the post using the stick as a tonfa. :lol

Let me know how long your Madcatz lasts the next time you use it as a blunt instrument against an immovable object. :lol

Do the math online.

Total stick components would run $93.40 (pre-shipping), but I already have parts. So I just need the circuit board which is $55. Then $10-15 worth of wood. :\

I'm not saying it's substantially less than the Madcrapz stick; but I can do it for at least $25-35 less than they ask and have the benefit of a crap company not getting my money.

As I've said, my PS2 stick has lasted a decade. That's half the age of your average GAF member, and in that time I've only has to replace one switch in a push button and replace the stick bat because I RAAAAAAGED during a VF4 match and bent the post using the stick as a tonfa. :lol

Let me know how long your Madcatz lasts the next time you use it as a blunt instrument against an immovable object. :lol

You said it was Seimitsu part? Madcatz don't ship out with Seimitsus, so I wouldn't be blaming Madcatz for that. Just sounds like you got a defective Seimitsu part, which happens once in a while. The only questionable part is the PCB but even then, there hasn't been many complaints about it.

Prototype-03 said:
You said it was Seimitsu part? Madcatz don't ship out with Seimitsus, so I wouldn't be blaming Madcatz for that. Just sounds like you got a defective Seimitsu part, which happens once in a while. The only questionable part is the PCB but even then, there hasn't been many complaints about it.

Yes. I replaced all the crap Madcatz parts (not hyperbole, I hooked the stick up to PC and went into device test mode where you can see button presses visualized and stock parts were missing inputs frequently) with better quality parts.

The PCB is fine. I'm just not interested in using it when I can just as easily sell the stick off. :)

Yeah, I got a bum Seimitsu button. However I've stated my experience with other arcade parts here and my distaste for the design of these Seimitsu and Sanwa disposable buttons. I prefer the modular components. :\

I understand why folks buy Madcatz. Plus the Madcatz are like those Japanese street race cars where you can spend a couple of bucks to add some visual flair to it.

Today things are easier then they were 10 years ago when I had to pad hack a Pelican controller and get good solder points on the damned thing. Now you can just buy an awesome solder free Toodles board and run!

It's so easy today there's no reason NOT to build your own stick.

Why didn't I do it in the first place? $50 Amazon gift card = Free Madcrapz stick, and I was being lazy. :lol

Yes. I replaced all the crap Madcatz parts (not hyperbole, I hooked the stick up to PC and went into device test mode where you can see button presses visualized and stock parts were missing inputs frequently) with better quality parts.

The PCB is fine. I'm just not interested in using it when I can just as easily sell the stick off. :)

Yeah, I got a bum Seimitsu button. However I've stated my experience with other arcade parts here and my distaste for the design of these Seimitsu and Sanwa disposable buttons. I prefer the modular components. :\

I understand why folks buy Madcatz. Plus the Madcatz are like those Japanese street race cars where you can spend a couple of bucks to add some visual flair to it.

Today things are easier then they were 10 years ago when I had to pad hack a Pelican controller and get good solder points on the damned thing. Now you can just buy an awesome solder free Toodles board and run!

It's so easy today there's no reason NOT to build your own stick.

Why didn't I do it in the first place? $50 Amazon gift card = Free Madcrapz stick, and I was being lazy. :lol

What are modular components? Hori made parts? Well, Hori buttons aren't horrible, but I still prefer Sanwa buttons since that's what Hori isn't as responsive and just feels... cheaper. Also, Hori/Madcatz tries to emulate the Sanwa buttons. I will chime in and say that the Madcatz are absolutely horrible, and mine went bad within a week but the Hori ones are at least decent, but not as good as Sanwa. I've used Seimitsu's at the arcades but didn't like it that much.

Honestly, I don't know what's so bad about the Madcatz stick aside from the bad buttons. Your anger seems to be towards the Seimutsu button and not the case itself. To put it in perspective, the Madcatz stick (especially the TEs) made Hori step up and change their designs. Hori has been annoyingly complacent in their designs because there wasn't a real stick competitor for a while.

Madcatz made Hori do this:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...ack.us/img705/7716/horiarcadejoystick.jpg&t=1

It looks so good :(

edit: I don't support Madcatz that much. My crap MadCatz GC controller went bad within a month, but their arcade sticks have been awesome. I have two SE sticks (one thanks to EraldoCoil) and the mod has been super easy because they were made to be swapped out.

Modular parts.

2. Designed with standardized units or dimensions, as for easy assembly and repair or flexible arrangement and use: modular furniture; modular homes.

1sm8mt.gif

Yes, I'm bummed about the Seimitsu part; but you're missing the fact I had to replace all of the stock components with Seimitsu parts to get a functioning stick.

Madcrapz should just sell the SE case and circuit board for $25 and let you buy good parts elsewhere. :|

Fugu

Do the math online.

You're overpaying for something (not sure what) if it's costing you $93.40 before shipping to build an SE stick. I've seen many Sanwa/Semitsu parts sustain long-term abuse, so if you have one that crapped out after six months you're talking about a definite minority.

Top Bottom