• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Dante23

I just dropped by to say that Hazama (arcade mode) is one of the cheapest sonofabitches I've battled in a game, I was seriously getting mad yesterday, just winning one rebel was like a goddamn achievement. Fuck. That. Dude.

Or maybe I'm just bad. Battled with Litchi.

Dante23

Ok, seems like I just suck in this game, went to challenge mode and I did the first two challenges of every character, then I went for the 3rd challenge. No dice, I think I managed to clear 2 or 3 of them, no more.

And then, I decided to see the 10th challenge for Rachel, my jaw dropped and I laughed like a maniac, that combo IS fucking ridiculous, not only it was composed of a lot of moves, like 20 of them, but also the window of input is way too unforgiving, and I was busting a nut with Hazama in arcade mode.

I can't take it anymore, I'll buy the next game for the story mode and legion mode, and that's it. You guys have my deepest respects if you cleared that challenge crap.

It's best to learn bits and peices of the combos separately then run it all together. No biggie though since the trials are mostly inefficient or outdated anyway.

remz

_dementia said:
It's best to learn bits and peices of the combos separately then run it all together. No biggie though since the trials are mostly inefficient or outdated anyway.
Yeah , the combos as a whole, are usually more work then they're worth.

some of them are pretty handy though, and you can do parts of them it's probably going to make you a better player, input wise.

Solune

Dante23 said:
Ok, seems like I just suck in this game, went to challenge mode and I did the first two challenges of every character, then I went for the 3rd challenge. No dice, I think I managed to clear 2 or 3 of them, no more.

And then, I decided to see the 10th challenge for Rachel, my jaw dropped and I laughed like a maniac, that combo IS fucking ridiculous, not only it was composed of a lot of moves, like 20 of them, but also the window of input is way too unforgiving, and I was busting a nut with Hazama in arcade mode.

I can't take it anymore, I'll buy the next game for the story mode and legion mode, and that's it. You guys have my deepest respects if you cleared that challenge crap.

I'm not really that good at this game at all but, the average player should be able to roughly do up to trial 5 or so with say Ragna or Jin. Other characters combos are a little bit more difficult than others though since they are so different. I'd say it's key to learn gatlings, they are the bread and butter of your offense. If you come from any Vs background or Darkstalkers, it really helps since chain combos are the basis of gatlings. Quick example: Ragna's 5B > 6B > 5C > 6C. It's important to practice and once you get it the rest comes naturally.

USD

Tonight is NSB20, BBCS2 3v3 action. Tourney is scheduled to start 11 PM EST (13.5 hours from now), but the stream will probably be up and running a few hours before that.

USD said:
Tonight is NSB20, BBCS2 3v3 action. Tourney is scheduled to start 11 PM EST (13.5 hours from now), but the stream will probably be up and running a few hours before that.
Thanks for the reminder. I'll check it out.

_dementia said:
BBCS confirmed for Evo 2011!!!

If CSII DLC is out by June 1st, it'll be that.
This would be the summer of forever if I were in school...

STILL GONNA BE THE SUMMER OF FOREVER THANKS TO COLLEGE SCHEDULES YAY!

Edit:
Dammit dementia I read that as DLC confirmed for the first of June.

:'(

Dante23

Thank you for your advice guys, I'm getting better. But I was wondering, are there any unlockables tied to the challenge mode?

I'll see NSB20 to let my jaw drop to the floor all night.

Edit: I'm seeing one dude kicking all sort of ass with Lambda.

Edit 2: What the hell happened to the announcer? sounds terrible :'(

xero273

Dante23 said:
Thank you for your advice guys, I'm getting better. But I was wondering, are there any unlockables tied to the challenge mode?

I'll see NSB20 to let my jaw drop to the floor all night.

Edit: I'm seeing one dude kicking all sort of ass with Lambda.

Edit 2: What the hell happened to the announcer? sounds terrible :'(

you unlock pictures in the gallery for doing a certain amount of challenges. Also, achievements. That's the new announcer for CS2

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So I just got this game in the mail today and want to know what I need to pay for to get my game up to par. I looked on the PSN store and there are like 50 different downloads for "ultimate" characters. I assume these are just quick unlocks.

cnet128

Banned
Sp3eD said:
So I just got this game in the mail today and want to know what I need to pay for to get my game up to par. I looked on the PSN store and there are like 50 different downloads for "ultimate" characters. I assume these are just quick unlocks.
The only gameplay-relevant things worth getting from the Store are the extra characters (Makoto and Valkenhayn, and Platinum if she's ever released) and possibly the "unlock all Unlimited characters" item (which can theoretically be achieved in-game, but involves beating the Score Attack mode with every character, a feat which many people, myself included, find impossible even with one character, let alone all of them).

Don't bother with the Mu unlock unless you're one of those people who detests the very thought of playing through Story Mode (which would kind of be missing half the point with BB); she can be unlocked in-game by reaching the true ending.

The rest of the DLC, I believe, consists of aesthetic options like colour-swaps and announcer voices. I wouldn't waste my cash on 'em, but go wild if you feel like it.

danmaku

Sp3eD said:

Yes, they are. The only things you can't unlock by playing are the additional colors and the 2 new characters (Makoto and Valk).

Dreavus

akachan ningen said:
Wasn't there a tournament going on for this game? I seem to recall something like that.

You're probably being facetious but... yeah I don't know what happened to that either. I think I was the last person to post in the tournament thread too.

Castor Krieg said:
I think I'm going to bite despite sucking at fighters. 2D glorious HD graphics are just too much to pass. Hope I can be semi-decent...
Welcome aboard! There is an in-game tutorial that I would recommend following. It's starts off extremely basic (like movement and such), but stick with it and it will explain the game rather well.

BARF!

Ordered some Sanwa buttons to replace funked up Seimitsu that had to be replaced temporarily with Madcrapz parts I had laying around and which still miss inputs. Jesus H. Christ such terrible parts.

Should be here by Friday I hope.

No more lack of C attacks for Tager and no more missing hugs with Hokan.

Also have the PS360 board on hand and stick and buttons for new stick. Once finances are in order I'll begin crafting a real arcade stick and let the Madcrapz sloppy seconds be used by friends. :D

Got it, spend some time doing Beginner and Advance Tutorials. Playing on DS3, don't want Arcade Stick until I'm sure the game is for me. Spend 10 minutes trying to pull simple B+C->Heaven's Fang->Rapid Cancel->B+C->Heaven's Fang->Death Fang with Ragna, but it was fun, esp. when I nailed that I can input half of it during previous moves.

Having fun so far. Any character I should take since I'm a beginner?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Castor Krieg said:
Got it, spend some time doing Beginner and Advance Tutorials. Playing on DS3, don't want Arcade Stick until I'm sure the game is for me. Spend 10 minutes trying to pull simple B+C->Heaven's Fang->Rapid Cancel->B+C->Heaven's Fang->Death Fang with Ragna, but it was fun, esp. when I nailed that I can input half of it during previous moves.

Having fun so far. Any character I should take since I'm a beginner?

Nope every character is unique so pick who you like and work from the ground up :p

Been playing so much of that inferior online fighter I'd forgotten how sexual the netcode in BB:CS is. It really should be the industry standard. Going back to that other game I'm missing inputs and it feels like I'm playing in mud. I shouldn't have to mash stuff out in a slower paced game, but that's what bad netcode gets you. :\

Mainly got my behind kicked, but had two good matches. Coming back after a break things were clicking and I was pulling off some of the stuff I left unable to do.

ApolloJoh

_dementia said:
I've really been neglecting CS. I love the game, but at this point I feel like just waiting for CSII DLC to drop and starting over.

Yeah I'm the same boat too, haha.

Even when I go on CS from time to time, I can only play like 3 or 4 matches then get bored knowing CS2's around the corner.

Guess MvC3 will tide me over 'til the update comes.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Been playing so much of that inferior online fighter I'd forgotten how sexual the netcode in BB:CS is. It really should be the industry standard. Going back to that other game I'm missing inputs and it feels like I'm playing in mud. I shouldn't have to mash stuff out in a slower paced game, but that's what bad netcode gets you. :\

Mainly got my behind kicked, but had two good matches. Coming back after a break things were clicking and I was pulling off some of the stuff I left unable to do.
I've been putting some time in with my stick, but I decided it'd be best to stick to the 360 pad since my main problem stemmed from the fact that I couldn't do two button hyper combos in MvC2. It's also refreshing to go back to BB for those smooth matches compared to the constant connection blackouts I've been getting on MvC2. I just hope it doesn't happen on MvC3.

Blaz is more than friendly enough with it's one button distortion drives. This'll give this game more longetivity than most other fighting games in my book.

Still want that hitbox for standard two button supers though...

SolarPowered said:
I just hope it doesn't happen on MvC3.

Wish in one hand and buy Crapcom fighters with mediocre netcode, see which one gets filled first. ;)

I ordered a bat top for my Seimitsu stick. If this doesn't help with my execution (years and years of playing arcade games in the US with bat top sticks and my PS2 custom stick is bat top), then I'm going to have to stop dating Japanese sticks. :|

I got my teeth kicked through my ass tonight. Some quality players online. :O

Dreavus

_dementia said:
I've really been neglecting CS. I love the game, but at this point I feel like just waiting for CSII DLC to drop and starting over.

Same here. I was expecting Platinum + patch a lot earlier than it seems to be coming for some reason. Probably because of the arcade release. D:

Wish in one hand and buy Crapcom fighters with mediocre netcode, see which one gets filled first. ;)

I ordered a bat top for my Seimitsu stick. If this doesn't help with my execution (years and years of playing arcade games in the US with bat top sticks and my PS2 custom stick is bat top), then I'm going to have to stop dating Japanese sticks. :|

I got my teeth kicked through my ass tonight. Some quality players online. :O
This is Mahvel we're talking about. I'll let my principles and morals fall to wayside if it means I can get it in my hands after all these years.

I'll have some free time in a few weeks so we should get some play time.

:p

SolarPowered said:
This is Mahvel we're talking about.

That's the punchline.

Capcom's netcode can barely hang with SSF4, the high paced speed and tagging in and tagging out of MvC3 is going to murder their Internet Jank.

Not to mention I just wish Capcom would get it through their thick skulls - I want Marvel Vs. DC. This is a fighting game that would set US sales charts ablaze. So much potential awesome, but nobody wants to take the chance.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's the punchline.

Capcom's netcode can barely hang with SSF4, the high paced speed and tagging in and tagging out of MvC3 is going to murder their Internet Jank.

Not to mention I just wish Capcom would get it through their thick skulls - I want Marvel Vs. DC. This is a fighting game that would set US sales charts ablaze. So much potential awesome, but nobody wants to take the chance.

...... this.... THIS POST..... *brain explodes*

Lothars

That's the punchline.

marvel vs DC would be good but I doubt it will happen anytime soon, I am more than happy with MVC 3 and think it's going to be the go to fighter for years.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That's the punchline.

My dream fighting game right there

Woohoo! Went up two levels tonight. Not that it matters or means anything, just good to beat some good players; but also ran into some lvl.48 scrubs.

I guess I'm just overcompensating since I want to maintain 0BP in SSF4. :D

Yeah, Marvel Vs. DC would be fabulous; but I don't think they'll manage to pull it together outside of Mugen which is just EVERYTHING VS. EVERYTHING. :p

That's the punchline.

I can't imagine that anyone could make the project viable. The cuts for the pub/dev involved in the process would be very small when Marvel and DC get involved. The game would need to sell over ten million copies for anyone to get a meaningful amount of money out of it.

I'm also sure that the netcode will be up to par. A game like this one only comes out once in a decade so I'm sure that this will be a decisive moment for them.

SolarPowered said:
I'm also sure that the netcode will be up to par. A game like this one only comes out once in a decade so I'm sure that this will be a decisive moment for them.

:|

It amazes me how folks are putting this turd over Street Fighter proper (specious as 4's claim to that is). It's almost enough to make me want to move to Japan and pretend I'm a chubby Caucasian Japanese like other folks do.

If SF4 wasn't important enough to resolve the online play, MvC3 isn't on the same level no matter what PR mouth pieces sell you.

It's like putting Kid Icarus before Mario, or Tails before Sonic in terms GAF could more easily relate to. :p

V_Arnold

Okay, so now I know that if I want to hear stupid trolling from TTOB, this is the thread to open. Keep up the good work!

On BlazBlue-related note, I have learned a few of the advanced Tsubaki combos, but I still do not know if there is a way to consistently do the air cancels, let alone the SJC cancels. Anyone know what is the "safest" and most damaging option when it comes to air combos?
I currently use ~cancel -> c,c->up->c,d->qcf+a, qcb+a/c, but that does not always work when my opponent is not in the corner.

V_Arnold said:
Okay, so now I know that if I want to hear stupid trolling from TTOB, this is the thread to open. Keep up the good work!

On BlazBlue-related note, I have learned a few of the advanced Tsubaki combos, but I still do not know if there is a way to consistently do the air cancels, let alone the SJC cancels. Anyone know what is the "safest" and most damaging option when it comes to air combos?
I currently use ~cancel -> c,c->up->c,d->qcf+a, qcb+a/c, but that does not always work when my opponent is not in the corner.

That's supposed to be super jump. Also, you don't need that D there.

edit: Wait, I re-read it... The combo is a little mixed up.

The air combo is sjc, C, jc, CC, 236A, 214C. If you want to make the timing a little easier, you can put a B before the first C.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
V_Arnold said:

Normally you can only jump after the move recover(finish), with jump cancel, you just press jump during the attack's animation, the attack will stop faster than normal and you will be jumping.

If you jump after the attack is finish, most likely it won't connect. Every jump cancel-able move have different frame or timing on when you can press the jump, so you just have to experiment with it.

Okay, bought this today.

I'm absolutely STUCK on the fatal counter hit in the tutorials. I'm reading elsewhere that I have to get the second dash input on the second hit confirm of the drive which I think I'm getting, only, when I dash out and press D, Ragna doesn't do anything. I'm sat here pressing D half way through the dash, after the dash, all the way through the dash and it's still not coming out. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Got it...

Dante23

MarshMellow96 said:
Just got through Arcade Mode with Noel on normal. Can't beat Hazama. Gave up after quite a few tries. This game hates me.

That's pretty usual, the thing is that Hazama is a pretty cheap bitch. It's almost ridiculous. You might want to first clear a couple of challenges first, those are an awesome way to let your head explode from the ridiculousness.

I still somehow love this game.

xero273

MarshMellow96 said:
Just got through Arcade Mode with Noel on normal. Can't beat Hazama. Gave up after quite a few tries. This game hates me.

just keep trying. watch his meter when it reaches 50. CPU always goes for dd when meter hits 50.

Top Bottom