• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

What character are you playing as anyway? (If it's not Litchi I can't really be that helpful, but it's worth knowing anyway).

Fugu

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I was dicking with Jin hoping his combos were easier than others.
I wouldn't pick your character entirely based on this because if you spend enough time with the system mechanics, you'll be able to combo with almost anybody. Some combos are obviously more difficult than others but that shouldn't stop you from playing a character that you actually like.

Fugu said:
I wouldn't pick your character entirely based on this because if you spend enough time with the system mechanics, you'll be able to combo with almost anybody. Some combos are obviously more difficult than others but that shouldn't stop you from playing a character that you actually like.

I know but until I understand the flow I want at least somewhat easier combos so I can tell if I'm getting the hang of it. I still like Jin since I used Ky-Kiske a lot in Guilty Gear.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I know but until I understand the flow I want at least somewhat easier combos so I can tell if I'm getting the hang of it. I still like Jin since I used Ky-Kiske a lot in Guilty Gear.

but he doesn't play anything remotely close to ky :lol

xero273

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So is there a percentage thing in this game for story mode or just various endings? I'm curious if I have to lose every match like the last game.

There is a percentage for each character and no you don't have to lose every match.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
Congrats! I didn't know your stick kept on shifting while you played. It will definitely fix your DPs.
I wish.

That's happening because of an issue I can't shake related to executing anything on the left side. I have trouble with left dashes, too.

After a bunch of horrible defeats and bungled matches on MvC2 I've decided to hone my stick skills to a fine point in preparation for MvC3. I'm going to play the shit out of BlazBlue since it's the only fighter I've got a good grasp on at the moment.

Are there any things about sticks that I need to know before I start?

Ok, this is the right thread I hope!

Just picked this up last night but only played one match last night.
Tried going through the tutorial a lite last night but I ended up skipping it since it started "teaching" me how to walk forward and backward.

I then jumped in and picked a female character I thought looked cool. (I'm loving the character designs, they all look interesting to me).
I had a difficult time doing any moves that weren't tiny punches.

I guess I don't know what some of the basic stick motions are for this game so far. I haven't really taken a liking to any character yet as I have only tried one so far.

Anyhow, I'm excited to learn this game, any advice for someone coming to this game for the first time?

Incitemaybe said:
Ok, this is the right thread I hope!

Just picked this up last night but only played one match last night.
Tried going through the tutorial a lite last night but I ended up skipping it since it started "teaching" me how to walk forward and backward.

I then jumped in and picked a female character I thought looked cool. (I'm loving the character designs, they all look interesting to me).
I had a difficult time doing any moves that weren't tiny punches.

I guess I don't know what some of the basic stick motions are for this game so far. I haven't really taken a liking to any character yet as I have only tried one so far.

Anyhow, I'm excited to learn this game, any advice for someone coming to this game for the first time?

After you get past the stupid basics of walking forward, backward, jump, attack, etc etc, it actually has some more advanced stuff you should learn such as green barrier, instant block (ib), burst and rapids.

And like Xero mentioned, there's a character specific section of the game that teaches you some combos.

Also, you may want to check out www.dustloop.com

USD

Copypasta from the SSFIV thread:

Lots of fighting game tournaments coming up in Japan.

The next two (major) NSB events are coming up fairly soon. NSB19 will be AE, in the standard NSB format (3v3, single elimination, same character team allowed). That will be on January 28, the tourney starting at 11:00 PM EST.

Some of the early sign-ups are listed on the NSB site, here are some of the teams listed:

Team Thomas
Haitani (Makoto) - One of the 5 Fighting Game Gods (Umehara, Tokido, Sako, Nuki, Haitani)
Shiro Itachi (Makoto) - SFIV Arcade Akuma, the Makoto player from the a-cho AE videos.
MDR (Rufus)

Team Nemoto
Nemo (Yang)
RF (Fei Long)
Ikoma (M.Bison)

Team NSB
tsk (Fei Long)
Gama no Abura (M.Bison)
Kokujin (Dudley)

The next day is NSB20, which will be BBCSII. Same format, January 29 at 11:00 PM EST.

The big news today is that GODSGARDEN #3 will be a Tekken 6 event. That's going to be on February 5, double elimination format. The winner gets 200K Yen (~$2400), winner-takes-all. They also get an invitation to GODSGARDEN #4 (AKA EvoGODS AKA EVO Japan), which is scheduled for the first week of May.

I just checked out the add ons online and what does it mean "Unlimited Version" of each character?

Also, which add ons are worth it? Are they selling characters not available in the game?

Incitemaybe said:
I just checked out the add ons online and what does it mean "Unlimited Version" of each character?

Also, which add ons are worth it? Are they selling characters not available in the game?
Unlimited versions are powered-up versions of the characters just added for the lulz.
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30192

If you beat the survival mode, you unlock the unlimited version of the character. No need to buy them.

Cool thanks :). I figured buying the two characters, Makoto and the other guy was ok as the only way to get them is through the store.

I was reading something about a third downloadable character, but I assume thats not out yet.

Loam

So is there an official release date for Platinum in NA anyway? I know Valk had some trouble with his release schedule (even more so if you were a 360 user) is this the same deal? Last I heard it was "soon" yet that was a couple of months ago.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Every freaking time someone bump this thread up, I thought it will be a new that Platinum release ~_~

Why are they holding out on CS2 =/

QisTopTier said:
come to the dark side
I would have done it, but the financial worries are too great. Nier, BlazBlue and the God of War collection were just sitting in my cart until the deal expired.

If it were cheaper I'd have no problem double dipping...

:(

xero273

no real date has been given for platinum. They have her set for Spring 2011. I expect platinum to come out when psp/3ds version comes out. Both have a release of Spring 2011

cj_iwakura

I main Tsubaki if any PS3ers want a match or two. I find this game vastly more fun than SSF4, primarily because I don't suck(as much) at it.

cj_iwakura , same.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
CS2 needs to hurry up... DCU is stealing my life and I need BB and S-Tier Lambda save to me.

simtmb

Aight, time to get back into this and work on Hazama. I've been playing too much with lolis in AH3 and wasting time on SSFIV lately D:

So it's true that BBCS2 will basically just be an online update of our current BBCS? Right when Platinum gets released?

If so, awesome. I'm gonna start playing this again.

xero273

simtmb said:
Aight, time to get back into this and work on Hazama. I've been playing too much with lolis in AH3 and wasting time on SSFIV lately D:

So it's true that BBCS2 will basically just be an online update of our current BBCS? Right when Platinum gets released?

If so, awesome. I'm gonna start playing this again.

they said it's going to be a patch.

Top Bottom