• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

So, for us unlucky PS3 owners, the patch is likely to still come through tomorrow, but Platinum probably won't be seen until the end of summer?

I don't wanna live anymore.

Master Milk said:
So, for us unlucky PS3 owners, the patch is likely to still come through tomorrow, but Platinum probably won't be seen until the end of summer?

I guess you could always get a 3DS or PSP to quell your hunger. Or if you're feeling adventurous buy that new non-NESiCA arcade version.

ApolloJoh

Master Milk said:

I'm assuming you live in Japan/imported it unless I'm missing something. US patch is coming tomorrow too?

ApolloJoh said:
I'm assuming you live in Japan/imported it unless I'm missing something. US patch is coming tomorrow too?
I thought the last thing I read about it was that we'd be getting it the same time as Japan, but that's not right. Looking back at one of my own posts in this thread to correct that makes it even worse. I think I'm just going crazy from all the PSN delays and no hopes of getting Platinum soon.

Don't mind me.

An Aksys rep mentioned that the 360 update should probably come around the same time(tomorrow) IIRC, but I'm not sure if that holds for the PS3 or not. As of right now neither is confirmed for anything outside of "May".

Fugu

I was really excited because I imported and that means that I get the patch on Thursday.

And then I realized that PSN is still down. It's going to be lonely. =/

Fugu said:
I was really excited because I imported and that means that I get the patch on Thursday.

And then I realized that PSN is still down. It's going to be lonely. =/
At least you can still practice up.

ApolloJoh

Who knows. Could be back up by then.

Wouldn't bother me that much if PSN's not up when the patch is out. Gives me time to try out and learn the new stuff.

Fugu

_dementia said:
At least you can still practice up.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to not having to do this on the PSP version; I've got it rigged up to my stick but it doesn't get diagonal inputs correctly and half circles of any kind are very laborious. I guess it doesn't really affect anything as I was going to be confined to training mode for the first week or so anyway.

Pookmunki

Looking forward to trying this tonight, been waiting for CS2 before getting too in depth due to Euro delay. XBL: Pookmunki from 830ish GMT

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I am getting owned with Platinum, but it is a fun character. On a side note, i never saw so many people online at once in BB:CS, ever.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
How representative is BlazBlue of the non-Capcom/SNK Japanese 2D fighters? Games like Melty Blood, Arcana Heart 3, etc.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hooray, I'm buying this as soon as I get home!

Can people confirm that the Valk achievements are unglitched now? And if the patch works retroactively for those?

GuardianE said:

Can people confirm that the Valk achievements are unglitched now? And if the patch works retroactively for those?
The Valkenhayn 'chieveos were fixed in the previous patch.

DjangoReinhardt said:
How representative is BlazBlue of the non-Capcom/SNK Japanese 2D fighters? Games like Melty Blood, Arcana Heart 3, etc.
It's has a similar control scheme and doujin style A->B->C combo chaining, but it's much slower paced than something like Melty Blood or Guilty Gear.

GuardianE said:

It looks like a lot of people have started earning the Valk achievements today, so they've been fixed.

Wish I bought him when he was on sale! Oh well, I'm gonna pick up both characters are jump back into this pretty soon. Hopefully lots of people are still playing online, I still need a bunch of matches for the level 50 achievement.

Fugu

DjangoReinhardt said:
It's gatling-based (they call it revolver action), has a blocking system very similar to Guilty Gear and has the same sort of long combos indicative of this style of game. The biggest difference with BlazBlue is that it's probably the slowest of the airdash fighters due to several factors. However, it's still quite fast and the difference isn't really that extreme.

ShaneB

Excited to get home and play this tonight and really start understanding things.

Would love matches with other fellow Blazblue scrubs!

Grifter

So all of the missions are updated too? What a sweet deal! Guess I'll buy the crappy looking DLC characters to support this. My copy of MK is going on the backburner indefinitely.

Solune

Grifter said:
So all of the missions are updated too? What a sweet deal! Guess I'll buy the crappy looking DLC characters to support this. My copy of MK is going on the backburner indefinitely.
I could see Platinum but... Makoto and Valkenhayn are awesome.

Grifter

I used Noel in BBCT but not CS. Feels like the input detection for her ground shot has been made much more strict. I can't buffer the first input or use diagonal down. Has detection been tweaked overall? Maybe my memory's fuzzy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
black_vegeta said:
Sorry, I have been getting interested in this game lately. Is this Platinum update a DLC to CS2?

The DLC is for Continuum Shift, which essentially turns it into Continuum Shift 2. Platinum is one of the DLC characters. :)

I think I am going to pick up the 360 version this week and get all the DLC.

Lyte Edge said:
The DLC is for Continuum Shift, which essentially turns it into Continuum Shift 2. Platinum is one of the DLC characters. :)

I think I am going to pick up the 360 version this week and get all the DLC.
Lol, thanks for the info Lyte Edge.

Which online community is more active (prior to PSN being down)?

Just bought this game from Gamefly fo' cheap...but I realized far too late that I purchased the PS3 version D: So until PSN is up I will be in training mode dicking around.
I played Noel in CT, don't know if I should continue playing her in this game or not hmmm

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
NinajHeartless said:
Just bought this game from Gamefly fo' cheap...but I realized far too late that I purchased the PS3 version D: So until PSN is up I will be in training mode dicking around.
I played Noel in CT, don't know if I should continue playing her in this game or not hmmm
Use who you enjoy, she got some nice changes in CS2 though.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Question: Can I buy Platinum from the NA PSN and use it with my Japanese CS?

Also I haven't been paying much attention to this game lately. Does the CSII patch improve Rachel significantly?

QisTopTier said:
Use who you enjoy, she got some nice changes in CS2 though.

I have been wondering about that squirrel girl, Makoto.

I hate the character design but if she is a close range, rush down fighter (which she appears to be) I could get behind playing as her.

Though I guess it doesn't matter since I won't be able to download her until fucking PSN is fixed :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
NinajHeartless said:
I have been wondering about that squirrel girl, Makoto.

I hate the character design but if she is a close range, rush down fighter (which she appears to be)
Yes as well as 2/3rds of the cast

ApolloJoh

luka said:

Also I haven't been paying much attention to this game lately. Does the CSII patch improve Rachel significantly?

You won't be getting Platinum on NA PSN anytime soon but even then, I doubt that it works.

About Rachel, from what I've seen she's better than her CS1 counterpart but not as good as in CT.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wow. Didn't even KNOW the patch was coming out soon. I look at the Platinum DLC promo vid... ugh, BB animation hurts my eyes after not looking at it for months! XD

Anyway... so this brings us up to CS2. That's pretty awesome ^_^ I have a reason to suffer trying to play Tsubaki again? Does she actually do REAL damage now?!?

Guess this is a good way to get people back into a game that's lapsed out of attention...

Now to find a detailed change list...

luka

Loves Robotech S1
SAB CA said:
Wow. Didn't even KNOW the patch was coming out soon. I look at the Platinum DLC promo vid... ugh, BB animation hurts my eyes after not looking at it for months! XD
Especially after ogling KOFXIII videos for the past year. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
luka said:
Weird. Downloaded the 1.03 update on PSN but I don't think it was the right one. It was only ~90 megs and it says it's still running patch 1.02 in-game.

I haven't played in a while but...was Noel's 22B always this powerful?

That was the patch to fix some bugs.

The day psn comes up I'll be hosting a lobby ALL FUCKING DAY til dawn for any gaffers that want to play. It's a new game everyone is starting over, get your asses in training mode, hit dustloop for combo ideas and make psn back up day a fucking SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME EXPERIENCE.
By not sucking :D

danmaku

luka said:

I can't speak for PSN, but I downloaded Platinum from the EU live marketplace and it works on my Japanese copy.

Rachel is A-tier now. I toyed around with her new combos in training mode, she's sooo much better now. More damage, better tools, better mixup. You'll have to relearn most of her BnB (I keep doing the old 5B 5CDC lol), but it's worth it.

I also did the first 5 challenges of Platinum and she looks like a fun character. Looks like she'll require a lot of practice to be competitive, though. Her random weapons force you to adapt your strategy to what you get, kinda like Zappa.

Top Bottom