• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

Ferrio said:
I've watched some matches, seems people still use it. Block string, cancel into another string. Watched some guy just tear into his opponent in the corner with it.
It's good in the corner because when you're cornered you're often too intimidated to punish anything. That's when stuff like that shines. Midscreen people are just going to hit you out of it or jump over you.

Fugu said:
It's good in the corner because when you're cornered you're often too intimidated to punish anything. That's when stuff like that shines. Midscreen people are just going to hit you out of it or jump over you.

True story. But watch out for CAs and/or DP (especially when they have enough meter to rapid cancel)

Fugu

Also cancelling in the same part of your string every time (I call this Tsubaki syndrome) is just asking to get hit.

EDIT: I guess this is sort of a Litchi problem too.

ApolloJoh

It's part of the reason why I usually block now after I use Kote in pressure.

And because it's less safe I think. At least it feels that way.

Fugu

I was surprised to see you use kote in pressure in the first place. It seems sort of worthless unless you do 6C or you've run out of gatlings.

I was playing absolutely terribly this weekend. I need more sleep and training mode.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm still pretty stupefied at how good Mu is now. She kinda got over buffed >.>

Thankfully hardly anyone uses her even in japan.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh and the one of the biggest reasons I decided to drop Litchi is because she seems to play so different than she did in CT. I picked her up in the first place because her style reminded me of bridget (yo-yo == staff) and the constant pressure you could apply. Seems she's less about pressuring with the staff, and more about staff placement. Maybe I'm completely off base, but she isn't like bridget that's for sure.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ApolloJoh said:
A good friend of mine that I usually play mains Mu and yeah, she's pretty crazy now.
Yeah, I been owning online with her pretty badly. Even high level players are just dropping games now, even if the connection icon says 4 :D Which is sad cause it's not like they suck, they kill me in 2 or 3 combos no biggie and keeping them out is hard. Yet Im pretty sure they are like MAN FUCK THIS SHIT IS TO ANNOYING DONT WANNA PLAY hahaha

Man, that stream always lags whenever I try to watch.

Is there somewhere I can read about fighting game theory online? dustloop and srk don't seem to have anything dedicated to general fighting game theory

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Master Milk said:
Man, that stream always lags whenever I try to watch.

Is there somewhere I can read about fighting game theory online? dustloop and srk don't seem to have anything dedicated to general fighting game theory
Sirlin's page?

jdub03

Is continuum shift II dlc to continuum shift or is this disc based? I bought calamity trigger and stopped playing once sfiv hit. I'm thinking about buying this from amazon but I only see continuum shift.

jdub03 said:
Cool I think I'm going to purchase it. Awesome netcode here I come.

You won't regret it! Just make sure to get it on PS3 if you have a choice. Bigger GAF community.

edit: 0 or 1 connection with Ferrio on BBCS2 > 4 connection with Q on MvC3. True story.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
You won't regret it! Just make sure to get it on PS3 if you have a choice. Bigger GAF community.

edit: 0 or 1 connection with Ferrio on BBCS2 > 4 connection with Q on MvC3. True story.

Ya, BBCS is harsh with it's indicators too. I'm guessing it's a 150 ping connection and I get a 1-0. Damn japanese.

Ferrio

Banned
Think I'm starting to see how I'm suppose to play Tsubaki. Things I was doing wrong last night

-Not using her specials enough, a couple of them are completely safe on block. Seems that's the way lots of players get in the first hit mostly with her. Just kinda hit and run tactics.
-Not charging enough. Not only just to get stocks, but to also mixup your movement (hovering in mid air shenanigans)
-Wasn't ending my block string correctly. The move I was ending on has a -7 block disadvantage... but gattlings into something with a +1 advantage.
-Too much mashing, really sucks when I mash out the second hit of one of her strings. Leaves me open for pain.
-Need to get down my combos, truley not the thing that's bringing me down currently but it needs to happen. Once I get reliable with some decent ones I'll step it up for some of the harder ones (dive whiff etc).

Ferrio

Banned
ApolloJoh said:
Distance matters even when the connection on both sides are really good.

Though BB handles lag well with its buffers and whatnot.

Distance is ping pretty much. Well mostly... the other is line quality.. usually just distance.

Ferrio said:
Think I'm starting to see how I'm suppose to play Tsubaki. Things I was doing wrong last night

-Not using her specials enough, a couple of them are completely safe on block. Seems that's the way lots of players get in the first hit mostly with her. Just kinda hit and run tactics.
-Not charging enough. Not only just to get stocks, but to also mixup your movement (hovering in mid air shenanigans)
-Wasn't ending my block string correctly. The move I was ending on has a -7 block disadvantage... but gattlings into something with a +1 advantage.
-Too much mashing, really sucks when I mash out the second hit of one of her strings. Leaves me open for pain.
-Need to get down my combos, truley not the thing that's bringing me down currently but it needs to happen. Once I get reliable with some decent ones I'll step it up for some of the harder ones (dive whiff etc).

Also, finish your 2BB. I saw you doing 5BB, 2B *drops combo* 5CC. And Tsubaki's rapids are REALLY good.

Fugu

Ferrio said:
Don't end your string on the same move every time even if it is safe on block.

Himself

Popped my BlazBlue cherry with this last night and it was as painful/pleasurable as I can imagine having a cherry popped being! Err...sorry about that...

But I really like it! The character design is batshit and after an couple hours messing with Ragna, stringing (extremely simple) combos together felt natural and rewarding. No idea what's going on with any of those gauges yet, though.

My left hand/wrist is demolished. Thinking about picking up a fighting stick, but they're so damn expensive...are they worht it?

So I'll let you guys wipe the floor with me online soon enough.

Himself said:
Popped my BlazBlue cherry with this last night and it was as painful/pleasurable as I can imagine having a cherry popped being! Err...sorry about that...

But I really like it! The character design is batshit and after an couple hours messing with Ragna, stringing (extremely simple) combos together felt natural and rewarding. No idea what's going on with any of those gauges yet, though.

My left hand/wrist is demolished. Thinking about picking up a fighting stick, but they're so damn expensive...are they worht it?

Yes.

Himself said:

Really depends. If you like the pad and don't want to use a stick, there's nothing wrong with it. The popular opinion though is that stick > pad but it does take time to get used to it (took me a good month or so to get comfortable with it).

Also, if you're on PSN, you should join our chat. It's getting bigger again.

Ferrio

Banned
I rubbed my wrist raw playing with my stick yesterday. It's an old mas stick that's seen better days, so it isn't very comfortable anymore. The plastic label is coming off quite a bit exposing the wood, couple buttons completely broke and the cord i think is coming loose and losing connection sometimes.

Fugu

My upper arm hurts usually after playing with the stick for awhile, particularly if I'm executing a lot to the first player corner. I use a wineglass grip so I basically use my whole arm to move the stick.

Also j.2D 6C(1) 4kote 2C Hatsu Riichi A Ippatsu A Ippatsu B Dash hatsu haku chuun Dash 5B j.BCB dash 6C(2) wins my award for hardest combo ever. I've spent a good percentage of the day on it and I'm not making too much progress.

EDIT: Of course, the instant I complain about it...

Ferrio

Banned
Fugu said:
I use a wineglass grip so I basically use my whole arm to move the stick.

I had to look up what the hell that even meant, always wondered how people held those small ass ball sticks. I guess I use a monkey grip according to this page.

Himself

Hmm...maybe I'll just see if I can adjust to the d-pad. My main reason for wanting a stick is to reduce strain (I'll never be anything resembling a pro).

And how do I join this PSN chat? I definitely see myself playing this for a long time to come.

Fugu

If you just use your wrist on the stick you'll suffer far less strain than you would using your wrist on a d-pad. It's just that putting your whole body into it tends to generate some more stress.

Add any of us on PSN and we'll invite you to the chat (mine is Fygu).

Fugu

Well that's because you're right and my PS3 is idle like 80% of the time. But I do play enough already. This week is all training mode though because for some reason I've got tournaments coming up.

Speaking of tournaments, how come we never finished the GAF tournament? I was well on my way to taking it, too...

ApolloJoh

Fugu said:
Speaking of tournaments, how come we never finished the GAF tournament? I was well on my way to taking it, too...
I'm pretty sure people moved on to other games/didn't care anymore. Myself included.

Ferrio

Banned
More matches tonight, no bailing on me even if you're getting bored pounding me into the ground. Oh and stop picking characters you suck with, I hate when people do that baaah

ApolloJoh

If you're referring to me, I don't want to play a bunch of matches using the same character. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way but now you know. :p

Now, if I used Tsubaki since I haven't even tried her out yet, then yeah I'd see your concern.

ApolloJoh said:
If you're referring to me, I don't want to play a bunch of matches using the same character. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way but now you know. :p

Now, if I used Tsubaki since I haven't even tried her out yet, then yeah I'd see your concern.

Could also be me

Fugu

ApolloJoh said:
I'm pretty sure people moved on to other games/didn't care anymore. Myself included.
That's just loser talk. More specifically, that's just you're-just-mad-because-I-knocked-you-into-losers talk.

Top Bottom