• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
Speaking of tournaments, how come we never finished the GAF tournament? I was well on my way to taking it, too...

Don't lie I was just gonna throw the match get yellow carded then split the pot with you

Ferrio

Banned
So does anyone actually follow the game's story? I was curious what the hell it even was... read a bit.... the people who came up with it are on crack.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
Any time you want to go, Mr. TopTier, I'm ready.
Maybe tomorrow, Imma be gone til monday after that. Fanime yay :D

Ferrio said:
So does anyone actually follow the game's story? I was curious what the hell it even was... read a bit.... the people who came up with it are on crack.

Half the reason I play BB and GG are the stories. It makes me love the characters more and makes them feel less like OH HAY RANDOM CAT GIRL OR HAY RANDOM NINJA DUDE. Plus the english va's are actually really good for the most part as well so it made it extra enjoyable.
Mak's voice gives me a boner

Hell gg for instance, one of the main reasons I main Ky is that he's fucking godlike in the story. *for a human*

I haven't even gotten a chance to download Platinum yet, let alone play her.

I refuse to get hype for something so far in the future. Nope. Nope. Nope.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Finally got around to fiddling around with Valk and Platinum tonight.

Both seem like excellent characters, although Platinum seems more like my type of character. I love her drive. Her play style actually reminds me a lot of Zappa.

I absolutely the DLC characters in this game. I think they add so much.

ZealousD said:
Finally got around to fiddling around with Valk and Platinum tonight.

Both seem like excellent characters, although Platinum seems more like my type of character. I love her drive. Her play style actually reminds me a lot of Zappa.

I absolutely the DLC characters in this game. I think they add so much.

Valkenhayn, outside of his dog, is very plain and straightforward. Feels like the new CS1 Ragna; relatively simple, strong and can't really stop him even if you know what's coming.

Himself

Speaking of the story...I fired up story mode for the first time last night, watched the opening (which I guess summarized the last game?) and then found those wacky vignettes under the "TIPS" menu or something. WTF? In a good way! I spent about 30 min. with the game without throwing a punch, which was nice since I needed to let my left hand/wrist heal up after my first night playing.

Ferrio

Banned
Doing better against randoms, but still getting beat down regularly. Wish I had a machine that would shock the piss outta me when it detected me mashing.

Also no people in the chan last night, very sad.

Ferrio

Banned
Fugu said:
I was playing for a bit but I dropped one too many combos and I couldn't take it anymore. I'll play tonight.

Pfft amateur, I'll drop so many more than you and they don't even have the potential for good damage!

Think my best combo requiring a guage is 4k :(

Ferrio said:
Pfft amateur, I'll drop so many more than you and they don't even have the potential for good damage!

NNGGMMMAHHH... I wish I had 4k combos with 1 gauge in cs1 :(

Fugu

Ferrio said:

Well see, here's my problem. I practice a lot because I have terrible instincts and if I don't I will lose often and by a large degree. With all that practice I start to develop an expectation of progress, and progress doesn't always happen. Yesterday I started making progress and I had gotten consistent at a combo that had been given me trouble in the past. Then I stopped playing for a few hours, came back, and I dropped it literally every time I tried it for an hour. I would estimate that I dropped the same combo about 400 times before I gave up. I learned today that it was because I was supposed to be TKing something that I wasn't.

ApolloJoh, do you do this?

j.2D 6C(1) 4kote 2C Hatsu Riichi A Ippatsu A Ippatsu B Dash hatsu haku chuun Dash 5B j.BCB dash 6C(2)

Prototype-03 said:
It's almost like you forgot you played Valkenhyn.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
Valkenhayn is different. I'm talking about Tsubaki. She can charge pretty well now AND has more damage. Too bad I switched back to Rachel :(
Oh see I just thought you liked doing 1.5k damage all the time.

ApolloJoh

Fugu said:
ApolloJoh, do you do this?

j.2D 6C(1) 4kote 2C Hatsu Riichi A Ippatsu A Ippatsu B Dash hatsu haku chuun Dash 5B j.BCB dash 6C(2).

Isn't that one of her challenges? And not usually. Can barely get the crossup to hit most of the time.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:

errr, by gauge I meant super.

That combo requires two stocks.

Watching matches best combo I've seen was a corner combo with a super + two stocks. 6k damage. Pretty nuts. Stupid dive whiff combos. Hell can't even get the IAD combo consistently yet. God and I suck with DP motions in this game which makes that combo even worse.

Fugu

ApolloJoh said:
Isn't that one of her challenges? And not usually. Can barely get the crossup to hit most of the time.
Don't know, haven't touched challenge mode. It's her most effective combo off of 2D and probably her most effective midscreen combo that's not off of a counterhit (4k-4.1k depending on whether you get one hit or two off of 2D and gives you corner knockdown but no staff and with the staff way out of the corner unless you start the combo near the corner).

I actually find myself crossing up with j.2D a lot because it's good for punishing so many things, and you can do shit like 5B[m] jc IAD j.2D as mixup. My problem is that for the life of me I just can't get a consistent hatsu after 2C. It's a tough combo, harder than anything I learned in CS1 (and I learned almost every one of Litchi's CS1 combos).

Riou said:
Can any rachel players give me some help on a certain combos. Its when rachel does 6A > 5B > super jump > 2D > air.C > air 2C(lvl 2). I can't get the air lvl 2 drill to hit.
Basically the combos in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qOhZgdzPo-0#t=159s

The combo on Jin, not Ragna.

It should actually be 6A, 5B, j.C, 2D, jump cancel, (slight delay) j2c

Just know that the j2c is hard to connect when doing 6A off of a ground then 5B. It might be easier to start on anti air 6A counter hit, *while letting opponent fall* dash, 5B, j.B, j.C, 2D, jump cancel, (slight delay) j2C

edit: the transcripts for the dance to wind combo vids can be found here

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm having a shitload of trouble fighting Jin and Tsubaki now as Tager. Tsubaki used to be the one matchup aside from Noel I actually liked, now they all seem to suck again. Why are Tager's changes so bad? ;_;

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Papercuts said:
I'm having a shitload of trouble fighting Jin and Tsubaki now as Tager. Tsubaki used to be the one matchup aside from Noel I actually liked, now they all seem to suck again. Why are Tager's changes so bad? ;_;
Just stop using tager and learn a real character, he will never be good haha

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
After playing nothing but Tager in CT, CS, and now CS2 I don't think I can drop him without killing myself with all the time invested in him. This pain will be worth it someday...please. ;_;

I really don't get why basically just changed some of his stuff while nearly everyone else got straight buffs. Did they really need to make his normal throw make people go flying fullscreen? Magnetism in general was made a lot worse except on the pull of his 360/720(aka making him able to do more retarded bullshit that won't work on good people). And I liked jump cancelable 6A over charge 6A. :(

Erasus

I just got this and oh wow, I cant even finish the tutorial with Hells Fang + some other move right after. I rock at FPS, RTS, Platforming but fighters? Dayum

Erasus said:
I just got this and oh wow, I cant even finish the tutorial with Hells Fang + some other move right after. I rock at FPS, RTS, Platforming but fighters? Dayum

Yah that one is a bit difficult.

I completed it with trial and error, but I suggest skipping the counter part of the tutorial.

Top Bottom